+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best temperature reading tool

Post Likes
    I have a uei dl379 as one of my back up meters, its a good reliable meter with lots of functions and reasonably priced. As for temp measurement I have lots of k type tcouple probes and clamps, a cooper atkins blue box, digicool manifold with dc thermistors and various other temp measuring tools, the cooper atkins is the most accurate and quick acting I have temp/humidity meter I have ever used. It has a permanent home in my truck next to my Bacharach h10

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by mark beiser View Post
    There used to be a good reason people joked that UEI stood for Unreliable Electrical Instruments, but supposedly they have improved over the years.
    UEi has upped their game as you say, Ice. I got the DT304 with four inputs. Uses K-couples.

Thee Cooper would be great to have, but for me it takes up too much space. I have so much new electronic gear from FP and Testo I don't have the room in the truck.

Everything is in padded pistol cases and briefcases, there is room for nothing else.

Post Likes
    Fluke 54

Post Likes
    cooper red box

Post Likes
    Fluke 52 II with 80pk-1 general probes and 80pk-8 pipe clamp.

Post Likes
    “I am for doing good to the poor, but...I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of it. I observed...that the more public provisions were made for the poor, the less they provided for themselves, and of course became poorer. And, on the contrary, the less was done for them, the more they did for themselves, and became richer.”
    ― Benjamin Franklin

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Cmstech View Post
    What is everyone using to measure air temp?
    What is everyone using to measure surface temp?
    whatever is fastest and most accurate.

i prefer cooper-atkins

and my testo 905T2 is most awesome for quick surface temps

i also have a fieldpiece dual temp meter that uses more readily available type K probes, and it is by far the best bang for your buck!
    If Guns Kill People, Do Pencils Misspell Words?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An2a1...eature=related

Before we work on artificial intelligence why don't we do something about natural stupidity?

Post Likes
    I have the Cooper SH66, my second one (first one in black case was stolen)for about 10 years now. I used to use the FLuke TK80, that went bad after about 10 years of beating on it. I still use the thermocouple sensors on my Fluke 116 meter and they also work fine with a little pin converter.

...Ron
    Roof Rat

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in