+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hoshizaki problems

Post Likes
    Hey guys, just started working with Hoshizaki quite a bit problem i am running into is i will go to do a cleaning, unit runs fine when i get there after cleaning have all sorts off dumb problems, bin switch fails , float switch sticks,and coil seperation....Yes i do a thorough cleaning, most of these units are pretty bad before i get there ,, anyone else running into same problem

Post Likes
    I hope your catching all this before the cleaning right? You see a machine with all that wrong with it why bother cleaning it right?

Post Likes
    ty ty, If Hoshizaki has one weakness it's the bin stat.If you are going to clean them then have on hand replacement stats,floats and H20 fill valves. As for plate seperation two things come to mind. Lack of water preasure bad water and a lack of GOOD cleaning in the past can cause a plate to warp bulge then break due to a thinner Mil thickness of stainless on the evaporator surface,IMHO.
    FEN

Post Likes
    I go with MOJO! Hoshi bin stats are a pain. Don't understand why the high failure rate. Float switches are a pain. do you disassemble and clean it really good? not just the slime but mineral deposits? also if it hasn't been done in awhile replace the rubber bottom of the float switch. they get old and bow causing problems. should be nice and flat. Make sure you inspect the check valve.

Post Likes
    For one, If you ran cleaner through during the wash cycle the bin stat must have been ok before you cleaned it. The pump will not run if the bin stat was bad. Was it mounted properly? Second, the evaporator seperation is almost always caused by prior freeze ups due to poor water flow during harvest. Third, if the float stuck, you obviously didn't remove it during cleaning. I have worked for Hoshizaki for years and have not had to replace an actual float yet, and only bin stats that were not mounted and damaged.

Post Likes

hoshizaki ffedback

thanks everyone for the response, and the great input....I dont try to know it all so the suggestions are greatly appreciated..AS i get more familiar with these ice machines i will hopefully catch more of these problems before they occur at a cleaning.thanks again and hope to learn more as time goes on.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in