Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    A goodman defaults to heat on RV. Sounds like they tied the 24v to RV with 24v to Contactor/compressor and when the cooling call ends the RV defaults/changes over to heat. Have them come back and wire it so it is always energized. Did you request a Heatpump for future dual fuel or going away from gas. I think it gives you better options down the road depending on your location.

I was taught that reversing valve problems arise when they sit in a single position for extended periods, so the energize to cool option was enacted so during the summer the valve would switch often, preventing any oil or sediment from accumulating in the valve blocking changeover.
    in heat mode, each time the defrost cycle is called for, it reverses, so the only issue is in summer when the thermostat will stay in cool mode for months straight.
    I vote that it is ok for it to switch to heat between cycles.
    The TRUE highest cost system is the system not installed properly...
    The three big summer hearththrobs...
    Mel Gibson
    Dwane Johnson
    The A/C repairman

Quote Originally Posted by Cincy_Ron View Post
    That's a sharp looking thermostat catman, but yikes! I can feel my wallet tingling.

Edit - The Prestige IAQ 2.0 System that is. I see there are less expensive options
    In some cases its cheaper to get the iaq thermstat than it is to fish a new wire
    From the thermostsat to the furnace.
    We really need change now

Quote Originally Posted by vstech View Post
    I was taught that reversing valve problems arise when they sit in a single position for extended periods, so the energize to cool option was enacted so during the summer the valve would switch often, preventing any oil or sediment from accumulating in the valve blocking changeover.
    in heat mode, each time the defrost cycle is called for, it reverses, so the only issue is in summer when the thermostat will stay in cool mode for months straight.
    Rheem energizes the RV in heat mode. So all summer long it stays in the cool mode and never switches until heating season.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

yup. GE units used to be energized to heat also, but in the 80's when heil and Janitrol had training classes, this was the reason they gave for why they chose to energize in cooling.
    also, many thermostats energize the cooling mode the entire time the tstat is set to cool, not each time the stat calls.
    The TRUE highest cost system is the system not installed properly...
    The three big summer hearththrobs...
    Mel Gibson
    Dwane Johnson
    The A/C repairman

Quote Originally Posted by vstech View Post
    Good point. I'm not in the trade but I'd think with the newer programmable thermostats they could be set to cycle the RV every X number of cycles/days.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12