Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Carrier Fan Parts Shortage?

I have a 2 year old Carrier Heat Pump (still under a factory parts warrenty). The fan has begun acting erractically. The air pulsates, but most of the time I can barely feel it blowing. I would say it is at 5% of the normal pressure. I called the installer and they told me it would take 5 weeks to get the part from their normal supplier. They are looking for other sources but cannot give me a date. It seems unreasonable to have to wait this long for a part on a unit that is 2 years old. The dealer told me that this is common now, that my unit is already obsolete because the new units have different parts and Carrier is not making parts for the older units - even ones 2 years old. It makes me reconsider about using Carrier for a future addition I am planning, or this typical in the industry now?

waiting 5 weeks for a part for a 2 yr old unit is crazy.
    if you can post a model #, maybe it is something Carrier is having issues with.

Thanks. I'll check the model number tonight when I get back home.

I have not had any problems getting carrier parts .ask them to put a universal motor in it untill the parts can be obtained .mabey they have to wait for the boat to come in
    We really need change now

Quote Originally Posted by catmanacman View Post
    I have not had any problems getting carrier parts .ask them to put a universal motor in it untill the parts can be obtained .mabey they have to wait for the boat to come in
    May be having a rough time crossing the border.
    __________________________________________________ ____________________________
    “Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.” –Albert Einstein

“Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards.”-Vernon Law

X2 We have had to do this a few times while waiting for a motor but never any where near 5 weeks!

X3 have had to do this a few times on weekend calls until Monday, or maybe a couple of days during the week but never 5 weeks!

Carrier doesn't "make" most of their parts anyways.
    Our local carrier supplier has regular stock for equipment made 30 years ago. Your HVAC company is giving you the run around!

How about an X13?

I spoke with the dealer again this morning and they insist that if I look for this part for my furnace that I will find that what they are telling me is true. Can someone check this out? Here is what I have (hybrid system):
    Furnace: Model-58MEC, Serial # - 5009A05092
    Heat Pump: Model-25HCC5, Serial # - 0910E07075
    I don't know exactly which part they are looking for, but I was told that they were going to replace the fan. As I mentioned earlier, it is erractic. It seems to be working but blowing at about 5% of the normal pressure. It will pulsate with a big gust of air, then drop back to the low pressure. Last night I couldn't feel any air at all, even though the condenser was running. It is not frozen up.

58mec is not enough information to spec the blower. Is the air filter clean?
    Climate Control Solutions for your Home or Office

Serving Northeast Philadelphia and Surrounding Areas

Here is the rest of the number: 58MEC060-12. The filter is clean. I have changed the filters regularly.

DIY DIY DIY
    Now let's help this guy find his parts online :banghead::banghead::banghead:

sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note
    Member of the "Work Exchange Program"
    "Will work for knowledge"

"Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid"
    A Einstein

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast