Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quietside DPW120...Low DHW Temp

I have a brand new Quietside DPW120 installed in my new construction home. The DHW is set to 140deg and the mixing valve is cranked to its hottest setting (160). Yet the maximum temp I can get out of any faucet is 120. Most of the time its below that. The copper piping coming directly out of the boiler for the hot water certainly doesnt feel like 140deg water. Any suggestions?

apparently nobody has any expierence with these units?

120 is hot enough for any personal use. If you run it any hotter you will have a scald hazard.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Join http://scopeny.org/ Shooter’s Committee on Political Education

The world is full of sheep,try not to join the flock.

Support the Skilled Trades, Don't DIY

Also you may have tempering valves on your faucets.

I understand that......but how can you justify the unit is working properly, when clearly the water coming out of the unit is not 140 deg? the mixing valve is cranked fully hot. Just cause 120 deg water is "ok", doesnt rule out the unit is working properly.

If the unit is "brand new" why not have the installing contractor answer these questions?

Quite a few factors that could be affecting performance, OR, the unit could indeed be operating properly.

Why would you want it hotter? I doesn't make sense to me. Are you sure the settings are set up right? It sounds like you are looking for a problem that is not a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    If the unit is "brand new" why not have the installing contractor answer these questions?

Quite a few factors that could be affecting performance, OR, the unit could indeed be operating properly.
    I would love to, but he has just as many ??? over his head as me, lol. He says he is gonna talk to the local dealer tomorrow and if he doesnt have any luck, get the quietside rep involved.

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty hvac View Post
    Why would you want it hotter? I doesn't make sense to me. Are you sure the settings are set up right? It sounds like you are looking for a problem that is not a problem.

The unit has a controller that has a adjustable dhw setting up to 140deg. There is also a mixing valve that is adjustable from 120 to 160. with the controller set at 140 and the mixing valve set at 160, I can get intermittent 120 deg temps, most of the time 115. When I dial the mixing valve down to 120, I get 80 deg water. You really dont see a problem here??

Quote Originally Posted by strokd66 View Post
    I would love to, but he has just as many ??? over his head as me, lol. He says he is gonna talk to the local dealer tomorrow and if he doesnt have any luck, get the quietside rep involved.
    I think I see the problem, here.....

Iffen he didn't know what he was doing, wanna bet it isn't set up right?

I see that maybe a homeowner is playing with equipment that they don't understand. The installer should have set all that up at startup. Now you have messed with all the settings. Are you sure you do not have tempering fixtures? These fixtures will mix and work like a mixing valve for safety.

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty hvac View Post
    I see that maybe a homeowner is playing with equipment that they don't understand. The installer should have set all that up at startup. Now you have messed with all the settings. Are you sure you do not have tempering fixtures? These fixtures will mix and work like a mixing valve for safety.

All I have done is take a temp reading where the installer set everything. I get steady 115deg temps, intermittent 120deg temps. Then I dialed the mixing valve down to 120 and took another reading, it was 80deg. The supply line from the boiler going into the mixing valve is cool enough so that I can hang onto it. If 140deg water was coming out of it I clearly couldnt hang onto it.

What kind of mixing vale is it?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast