Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ControlsInMT View Post
    K, I'm sorry if my post appeared racist. I was referring to all Americans, no matter skin color, hair color, blood color or any other difference.
    It was just a generic caution, aimed at no one in particular

Then again, it would prove difficult in truth to discuss this matter without sounding racist, because it involves people and people are racist by nature.
    " Kill a Commie for Mommy! "

- Colonel David Hackworth (1930-2005), Korean War Vet

Quote Originally Posted by netsalt View Post
    The question really is which party wants to turn the country into a pay lake?

Cutting funding for Pell grants and raising the interest rate on school loans will not help with educating our citizens. Not everyone can ask their parents for money out of their 100 million dollar trust fund.
    You miss the point (as usual).

The point is for the person to learn to PROVIDE FOR THEMSELVES... not TAKE HANDOUTS.

What does it take to get a liberal to understand the govt trough is NOT the best way?
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Quote Originally Posted by coolwhip View Post
    Then again, it would prove difficult in truth to discuss this matter without sounding racist, because it involves people and people are racist by nature.
    And it would TRULY be racist to discuss which race is the most racist... we all know the answer... just look at the title of this tread... <grin>
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

The conservatives are trying desperately to look beyond skin color and recognize people as simply "Americans". Meanwhile, the radical Left and the radical black activists continue to speak in terms of color, which makes themselves the racists hypocrites. The blacks wanted 'equality' and to be recognized simply as human beings. They pretty much got that except for the Left and the radical blacks such as Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton, Louie Farrakkhan, et al along with the Black Panthers are not satisfied. They refuse to acknowledge that the Civil Rights Movement DID effect change in the people they wanted to. However, in doing so, they grew a whole new crop of haters--amongst themselves to always demand more and more. More in monetary value, more in terms of job preferences, more in terms of home and car loans, more in terms of placement in the entertainment industry. In their rush to prove they are not racist, networks have made black-themed shows far in excess to the population mix. The music awards shows are now largely geared to and run by black entertainers. Yet we still have Black Entertainment Network, a Black National Anthem, a 'holiday' around Christmas called Kwanza that is billed as a religious time but is actually geared towards black racial superiority. If a black walks out in front of my car and I honk at him, he will stand there and challenge me to a confrontation in the hopes of getting some money out of it. Non-blacks now live in fear of confrontations, incidents or disputes with blacks for fear of reprisals, boycotts, threats, legal action against us and no legal support of OUR rights by the US Justice Dept. This is all telling me that there are those who stand to make a lot of money off of this controversy and tension, namely the Left and the radical blacks.

Thank God, there is a ground swell of blacks who reject further racial bigotry by blacks and their parasitic political masters. There are thousands of rational thinking blacks who recognize the hypocrisy of the Left and the imputed racism promulgated by radical blacks who refuse to become color neutral and march to further divide us by skin color all the while blaming those who seek to neutralize all colors. If all blacks simply stopped and looked at what they have achieved around them, they would drop all reference to their own skin color or heritage. Other than some obscure law that requires all Jewish comedians to disclose their heritage at every turn, you rarely hear people other than blacks speak in terms of their ethnicity or heritage. If you want to stop all racism, stop all conversations and discussions that even mention skin color, race or heritage. For the vast majority, the non-black population has upheld their part of civil rights. Now it is time for the blacks to quit selling their votes to those who make a living off of fanning their hatred and bigotry then rise above the envy, coveteousness, and theft by political proxy.

I'll say it again...we might as well have a civil war.

A country divided is a country with no grounds to stand upon, and if you are a democrat who will not work with a republican you are part of the problem....if you are a republican who will not work with a democrat you are part of the problem.

Anyone not willing to compromise is part of the problem.

Not one of us is right 100% of the time...no matter how much we like to think that we are....so stop fighting...listen to your brothers and sisters...and play nice.

The strongest countries are those with a homogeneous culture. This country has always been divided....by race, class, religion, states, county lines etc.
    Thats why we have the problems we do.

The whole notion of us being strong because we are a melting pot society is total propaganda.

How much looting did you see happening in Japan after that tsunami? Now compare that with Katrina and you will know what I mean.
    " Kill a Commie for Mommy! "

- Colonel David Hackworth (1930-2005), Korean War Vet

Quote Originally Posted by AStudent View Post
    I'll say it again...we might as well have a civil war.

A country divided is a country with no grounds to stand upon, and if you are a democrat who will not work with a republican you are part of the problem....if you are a republican who will not work with a democrat you are part of the problem.

Anyone not willing to compromise is part of the problem.

Not one of us is right 100% of the time...no matter how much we like to think that we are....so stop fighting...listen to your brothers and sisters...and play nice.
    Compromise is not the solution. If one group says 2+2=5; and the other says 2+2=4, do you compromise that 2+2 somehow equals 4.5 ? Or do you educate people, stand your ground, and wait for the day when enough people see the truth in front of them? No amount of lobbying, protesting, gerrymandering, or rioting will ever make the truth less true.

Truth is with all of the race baiting going on the reality is alot of Blacks are completely racist.

Imagine admitting publicly that you voted for a candidate soley because of the color of his white skin.

A caucasion would be tarred and feathered. Its the obvious double standard.

The democrats originally were the party of the KKK. They've kept their racism alive bit in a different way.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete838 View Post
    Piles and piles of government money and an abundance of easy to borrow money leads to exorbitant tuition rates. Nobody can afford to work their way through school anymore, and it is because of government interference to make college more "accessible". My wife is graduating nursing school with $50k in student loans! Nursing school! Schools are no longer competing to give the best education at the best price, they are competing for bigger shares of the government grant money and jacking up prices to keep up with each other's jacking up prices. I'd rather have affordable college than affordable loans.
    I know we're getting off topic here, but what the heck. I studied electronics technology at a little junior college here in Ft. Worth, TX. It was a good school, and I graduated with an AAS degree and a 3.64 grade average. I got my little degree in 1985, and even though it isn't an engineering degree, it did help me. My tuition was $4/semester hour. Yep, that's right, one, two, three FOUR dollars/semester hour. Now, that's affordable education. Plus I got pell grants on top of that that more than paid for the books and tuition. The same school now charges $50/semester hour.

Quote Originally Posted by hearthman View Post
    Thank God, there is a ground swell of blacks who reject further racial bigotry by blacks and their parasitic political masters. There are thousands of rational thinking blacks who recognize the hypocrisy of the Left and the imputed racism promulgated by radical blacks who refuse to become color neutral and march to further divide us by skin color all the while blaming those who seek to neutralize all colors.
    This is the only part of your post I might question because I'm not sure that the 2% who didn't vote for Obama is a ground swell of the black poulation.

I think a lot of the democrat's fuel is the false belief that blacks have to do well in every aspect of our economy. We don't demand that there need to be more Hispanic head coaches. We don't demand more Hispanic doctors, airline pilots, electrical engineers or even politicians. However the democrats do demand more black head coaches and owners, more black QB's in the NFL, more black doctors, airline pilots, engineers and politicians. A thousand and one excuses are made as to why blacks consistenly score 200 points less on their SAT test than whites or Asians--they didn't come from weathy families or it's not cool to be smart in black communities, etc. We've spent trillions trying to make blacks "equal" with whites. So, I think this is why blacks vote 90% or more for a democrat. A democrat is going to be locked into the illusion that if the federal government just spends another 100 billion on affirmative action programs and just shows a little bit more favortism towards blacks, that finally blacks will have achieved and acquired the same status that whites do in all aspects of our society. We will have a significant population of black doctors, black HVAC techs, black engineers, black NFL QB's, black airline pilots, black college football coaches, and on and on. The democrats have created a fansty for the black community. I do not believe that God created a super race when he created black people. The same goes for whites. We are not a super race. We don't excel at everything. So, as long as the federal government keeps throwing billions and trillions of dollars at this democratic fantasy, and as long as the federal government bends the rules for blacks (think quotas), they are going to continue to vote 90% democrat IMHO. The democrats have the white population and republicans over a barrel on this, and they know it. Because it takes tremendous courage for a politician to say that blacks can't do everything that whites do equally well and whites can't do everything equally well that blacks do. It takes a lot of guts to invoke the creator's design and to say that we are different. It takes a lot of guts for politicians to say to femnist that if they don't like that they are not as strong as men in some areas to take it up with their creator--not the federal government. And that is what conservatives and especially white conservative politicians do not have the guts to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete838 View Post
    Piles and piles of government money and an abundance of easy to borrow m
    oney leads to exorbitant tuition rates. Nobody can afford to work their way through school anymore, and it is because of government interference to make college more "accessible". My wife is graduating nursing school with $50k in student loans! Nursing school! Schools are no longer competing to give the best education at the best price, they are competing for bigger shares of the government grant money and jacking up prices to keep up with each other's jacking up prices. I'd rather have affordable college than affordable loans.

This post nails it. Parents along with publicly funded schools preach to their kids that college is the only way to be marketable in our society. Government loans and pressure from their peers and parents work in tandem to push kids into useless degrees in the soft sciences and eventual unemployment and debt.

They're starting life essentially in massive debt and no smarter than they went in. Not all kids are college material. It doesn't mean they're stupid.

On top of that they're coming out of college with with a mind full of useless leftist ideology and the attitude that the world owes them something.

Quote Originally Posted by exreo View Post
    This is the only part of your post I might question because I'm not sure that the 2% who didn't vote for Obama is a ground swell of the black poulation.

I think a lot of the democrat's fuel is the false belief that blacks have to do well in every aspect of our economy. We don't demand that there need to be more Hispanic head coaches. We don't demand more Hispanic doctors, airline pilots, electrical engineers or even politicians. However the democrats do demand more black head coaches and owners, more black QB's in the NFL, more black doctors, airline pilots, engineers and politicians. A thousand and one excuses are made as to why blacks consistenly score 200 points less on their SAT test than whites or Asians--they didn't come from weathy families or it's not cool to be smart in black communities, etc. We've spent trillions trying to make blacks "equal" with whites. So, I think this is why blacks vote 90% or more for a democrat. A democrat is going to be locked into the illusion that if the federal government just spends another 100 billion on affirmative action programs and just shows a little bit more favortism towards blacks, that finally blacks will have achieved and acquired the same status that whites do in all aspects of our society. We will have a significant population of black doctors, black HVAC techs, black engineers, black NFL QB's, black airline pilots, black college football coaches, and on and on. The democrats have created a fansty for the black community. I do not believe that God created a super race when he created black people. The same goes for whites. We are not a super race. We don't excel at everything. So, as long as the federal government keeps throwing billions and trillions of dollars at this democratic fantasy, and as long as the federal government bends the rules for blacks (think quotas), they are going to continue to vote 90% democrat IMHO. The democrats have the white population and republicans over a barrel on this, and they know it. Because it takes tremendous courage for a politician to say that blacks can't do everything that whites do equally well and whites can't do everything equally well that blacks do. It takes a lot of guts to invoke the creator's design and to say that we are different. It takes a lot of guts for politicians to say to femnist that if they don't like that they are not as strong as men in some areas to take it up with their creator--not the federal government. And that is what conservatives and especially white conservative politicians do not have the guts to do.
    Blacks are equal to whites. They have every opportunity and then some that whites have. Role models and leadership is what the black community lacks. Broken homes, which are "the thing to do" with the lack of a positive male role model. Race baiting leadership in the form of Jackson and Sharpton. A society which tells you being a sports professional, rapper , or dope dealer is the only way one can make money. The community leaders and the media perpetuate the "whitey owes me" attitude, The entire liberel voting base is people who want something for nothing, and those willing to give it to them.
    Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Liberalism-Ideas so good they mandate them

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast