Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 14 to 26 of 75
  1. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Boise, ID
    Posts
    4,270
    Corny.....the last part of your post was really in poor taste and uncalled for.

    FYI folks, the ARPC is keeping a close eye and leash on this thread. Have fun, but please keep it cool.
    If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what will never be. (Thomas Jefferson 1816)

  2. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Posts
    3,910
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete838 View Post
    Blacks tend to be poorer, and Democrats appeal to more to the Immediate, base needs of the poor- food, shelter, medicine; whereas Republicans tend to promote opportunity to succeed on your own and generally occupy the moral high ground on religious topics (abortion, religion in the public square, prayer).

    While most blacks tend to agree ideologically with conservatives on social issues, you can't eat them or live in them. Republicans tend to be tougher on crime, and statistically blacks are far more likely to themselves be or have family members under some type of criminal sanction.

    Democrats also promote the idea that blacks are owed something, and they are the party willing to make good on that debt.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    ^ Correct on all counts.
    Governments don't tax to get the money they need, governments will always find a need for the money they get. Ronald Wilson Reagon

    Born Again KA

  3. #16
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Dacula, GA
    Posts
    12,601
    Quote Originally Posted by Gib's Son View Post
    Corny.....the last part of your post was really in poor taste and uncalled for.

    FYI folks, the ARPC is keeping a close eye and leash on this thread. Have fun, but please keep it cool.
    Well you need a choke collar on corny there. LOL just kidding can't resist. Thank you, thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

  4. #17
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Gainesville, FL
    Posts
    325
    Quote Originally Posted by corny View Post
    Women also tend to vote dem too....for some reason. I bet even ann romney is going to vote for obama as she did the last time.....
    if I had to guess as to a reason I'd say it is because Dems offer/promise security, while Repubs promise opportunity. Women need to feel safe and secure, especially single women.

    Give most women the choice between an opportunity to be wealthy with no guaranteed outcome, or the guarantee that she and her family will never be without [food, shelter, medicine], and most will choose the guarantee. In my opinion women are wired to be taken care of, and most will vote for the candidate that promises to do so.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P36x8rTb3jI

  5. #18
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Des Moines, IA
    Posts
    56
    maybe some just dont actually care much about the backbone beliefs and debates surrounding christianity, just in it to be "with the crowd". just pick and choose what applies to them and disregard the rest.

    but being self serving does not just apply to them. ive seen christians (and catholics) of every race be selfish, greedy, and generally non-christian in the core.

  6. #19
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Chicagoland Area
    Posts
    4,618
    They drink the koolaid John Markl so often talks about
    http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread....-Useful-idiots
    Officially, Down for the count

    YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

    I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Liberalism-Ideas so good they mandate them

  7. #20
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Ft. Worth, TX
    Posts
    1,946
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete838 View Post
    Democrats also promote the idea that blacks are owed something, and they are the party willing to make good on that debt.
    That's absolutely correct. Now let's get down to the bare bones. Are blacks owed something? The racial discrimination against them in the 1950's and 1960's was very real and hurtful. I'm not trying to make light of it. Blacks tried to get jobs on the assembly line at Kodak in Rochester, NY, and they just wouldn't let blacks have those jobs because they had black skin. OK, this is very wrong. But, now, 50 years later are blacks still owed something? I would say no. Look at the results. The out-of-wedlock birth rate for blacks is 72%. Their crime rate is 8.3 times higher than white crime as a percentage of respective poulations. Their high school drop out rate approaches 50%, but it is only 10% for whites. So, being owed something hasn't worked out very well in the black community from my point of view. One could argue that the black people are still on their white democratic slave masters plantation in Washington, DC. The democrats have bought their vote with our tax money. The democrats are masters at this. I just wish that somehow we could get beyond this thing of blacks being entitled because of something that happened 50 years ago. But scamball democrats will never let this go. They will invent racism even if there is none. They actually want there to be racism. This way they can justify the entitlement part towards the black community.

    I wonder what it will finally take in this country for no group of people to be owed anything? I wonder if a financial collapse would even do it? But maybe some of you would say the black community is STILL owed something?

  8. #21
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Seattle WA
    Posts
    1,241
    Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    BS it is pure envy at those who work hard and become prosperous is what drives most Democrats to vote more socialism. In the Blacks case it is that plus also getting back at the "man" they are very heavy into to class and race envy.

    That is your main motivating factor here. There have been studies made by psychologists and it shows a good percent of the population would given the opportunity to acquire wealth would take less if that means those who have more will get a lot less. Of course the Democrats naturally fulfill this desire by punishing the rich even if it means we will all be poorer. That's how socialism and the Democratic platform works. Thank you, thank you very much
    This is all true. Another aspect that has already been mentioned several times is the fact that black communities are generally poor. The poor are always looking for handouts, this is their nature with race aside. Class envy is a huge factor with most libs. You always hear them bashing the rich. Funny thing is that they are actually talking about the middle class. They would love nothing more than to chop everyone down into poverty.
    America; first we fight for our freedom,
    then we make laws to take it away.

    -Alfred E Newman

  9. #22
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,268
    I think what one calls poverty another calls wealth. One could argue that poor people are poor because they do not work hard enough or do not try hard enough to succeed, and while this does make sense, there are far too many variables for this argument to be valid.

    If what happened to the African Americans happened to us, would we simply cause high crime rates? Our forefathers experienced a very small taste of it, and they rebelled against their country, slaughtered innocent Native Americans, and nearly hunted the buffalo into extinction. In no way am I saying that our forefathers were bad people...but if they had been thorough what African Americans were about to...lord help the world.

    With that said...democrats have taken in the beaten and battered of America, while at least in rural America...in the eyes of the beaten and battered, conservatives are still the same farmers with pitchforks who abused those people.

  10. #23
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Gainesville, FL
    Posts
    325
    Quote Originally Posted by exreo View Post
    That's absolutely correct. Now let's get down to the bare bones. Are blacks owed something? The racial discrimination against them in the 1950's and 1960's was very real and hurtful. I'm not trying to make light of it. Blacks tried to get jobs on the assembly line at Kodak in Rochester, NY, and they just wouldn't let blacks have those jobs because they had black skin. OK, this is very wrong. But, now, 50 years later are blacks still owed something? I would say no.
    Perhaps Eastman Kodak owes something to the individuals that were discriminated against. I, as a citizen and taxpayer that has never owned a slave, never refused to hire based on skin color, owe nothing to they as a group of 36 million + black citizens that are alive now. The entire idea of reparations legislation is a vote buying scheme. I get it. Life is tough as a black person. Sorry, but that isn't my problem. Many, many, many employers preferentially hire blacks over equally or even far more qualified whites for reasons of political correctness. The injustices of the pre-civil rights era have been over corrected; the pendulum has swung and they have opportunities I couldn't dream of in fields like government, military, academia, and manufacturing.

    Something that seems to be missing or taboo from the discussion on race is each race's inherent talents and abilities. I read a paper or article one time about that very subject, comparing race horses with plow horses. A race horse will never pull as well as a plow horse, and a plow horse will never run as fast as a race horse. Blacks tend to do very well in very physical activities, and as a result occupy a place in professional sports far greater than their percentage of the general population, but are underrepresented in technical fields. Asians tend to do better in highly technical fields like medicine and engineering, and as a result there are a far higher percentage of Asian doctors engineers than their share of their population, but are under-represented in professional sports. Just because someone isn't suited to a certain station in life doesn't mean that society is racist. Do you want an equal opportunity hire cutting on your wife or kid in an OR? Or programming the computer that controls the subway trains in a big city? How many of us know a highly capable black HVAC technician? Not that they don't exist, but, by and large, this isn't a field they gravitate to. Not because "the man" is keeping them down, most of them just don't get it and don't succeed at it. Is it racist that more blacks aren't doctors, but not racist that more Asians aren't athletes?


    I wonder what it will finally take in this country for no group of people to be owed anything? I wonder if a financial collapse would even do it? But maybe some of you would say the black community is STILL owed something?
    I think the Irish are still owed something

    Name:  IrishNeedNotApply.jpg
Views: 103
Size:  20.5 KB

  11. #24
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    S.E. Pa
    Posts
    6,191
    Quote Originally Posted by AStudent View Post
    I think what one calls poverty another calls wealth. One could argue that poor people are poor because they do not work hard enough or do not try hard enough to succeed, and while this does make sense, there are far too many variables for this argument to be valid.

    If what happened to the African Americans happened to us, would we simply cause high crime rates? Our forefathers experienced a very small taste of it, and they rebelled against their country, slaughtered innocent Native Americans, and nearly hunted the buffalo into extinction. In no way am I saying that our forefathers were bad people...but if they had been thorough what African Americans were about to...lord help the world.

    With that said...democrats have taken in the beaten and battered of America, while at least in rural America...in the eyes of the beaten and battered, conservatives are still the same farmers with pitchforks who abused those people.
    Democrats were the party of slavery and in many respects still are. They switched tactics after the Civil War, instead luring blacks into believing the democrats were their friends by buying off their votes in exchange for preferential treatment. By coddling blacks they have insulted a great people turning many of them into automatons who have lost all hope and simply exist on the public dole rather than truly living to their true God given potential. So, yes, democrats have in recent years taken in the beaten and battered but they are the very ones who were beating them historically and today are the masters who own their souls. It is this very evil that the conservatives seek to root out and destroy, to return pride to these people who currently sell their votes for a few minor indulgences by big government. The conservatives are in many ways perceived as you say but that is not a statement of fact but one of perception created by a better propaganda machine.

  12. #25
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    California/Nevada
    Posts
    3,636
    this is a taboo subject
    i'm a taboo poster.



    blacks were used by the rich as slaves.
    blacks were used by the north to try to justify the Civil War.
    blacks were promoted to high positions, just to irritate southerners.
    after they were "freed" they went right into unemployment.
    blacks were organized and used by the left-wing Socialist politicians who told them the reasons for all their problems were because everyone was racist against them.

    the left-wing politicians chose a bunch of nut cases to be their leaders.
    the left-wing politicians told them the best thing they can do is take advantage of Socialist welfare programs.
    the left-wing politicians allowed the rich to profit by flooding drugs into their communities.

    the Democrats are bad for the blacks, ...the Democrats are bad for everyone.

    for black people to switch from liberal to conservative they have to,
    1) Accept reponsibility for themselves and their situations.
    2) Go against most of the people in their community.
    3) Give up the comfort of victimhood.
    4) Refuse the small gifts and job offers handed to them from the left-wing

  13. #26
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Seattle WA
    Posts
    1,241
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfstrike View Post
    i'm a taboo poster.



    blacks were used by the rich as slaves.
    blacks were used by the north to try to justify the Civil War.
    blacks were promoted to high positions, just to irritate southerners.
    after they were "freed" they went right into unemployment.
    blacks were organized and used by the left-wing Socialist politicians who told them the reasons for all their problems were because everyone was racist against them.

    the left-wing politicians chose a bunch of nut cases to be their leaders.
    the left-wing politicians told them the best thing they can do is take advantage of Socialist welfare programs.
    the left-wing politicians allowed the rich to profit by flooding drugs into their communities.

    the Democrats are bad for the blacks, ...the Democrats are bad for everyone.

    for black people to switch from liberal to conservative they have to,
    1) Accept reponsibility for themselves and their situations.
    2) Go against most of the people in their community.
    3) Give up the comfort of victimhood.
    4) Refuse the small gifts and job offers handed to them from the left-wing
    Spoken like a f%cking genius
    America; first we fight for our freedom,
    then we make laws to take it away.

    -Alfred E Newman

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event