Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Taste the rainbow

Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Liberalism-Ideas so good they mandate them

and people still don't listen to me when I tell them they're disgusting for putting ice in their drink.
    "Better tell the sandman to stay away, because we're gonna be workin on this one all night."

"Dude, you need more than 2 wires to a condenser to run a 2 stage heatpump."

"Just get it done son."

Dad adjusted

Quote Originally Posted by hvacvegas View Post
    and people still don't listen to me when I tell them they're disgusting for putting ice in their drink.
    I'm able to enter into enough of a dissociative state to get ice in tea, and order milk shakes made with soft serve ice cream, but I still can't bring myself to drink fountain drinks or Slurpees.
    If more government is the answer, then it's a really stupid question.

try cleaning one that has been exposed to sewer gas for a lengthy amount of time. Talk about nasty! Second floor of a cheap hotel at that. So you get the moldy smelling carpet and the ice with green slime! what a deal! Nothing that de-limer, a variety of brushes, and eight hours of soaking/scrubbing/repeating on dissasembled parts cant fix! So dont feel bad.....it gets a lot worse.

Quote Originally Posted by hvacvegas View Post
    True that. I quit putting Ice in my drinks at fast food places or any where else 15 years ago.

Ever since I was informed on this site I can't help but look at my ice before I fill my drink. Why would a drink taste like cardboard? Anyone seen that issue?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by hvacvegas

as long as you're drinking bourbon or whiskey you're okay....

Is this stuff in regular water fountains that are chilled? I get how the ice sits in an unclean molding (pardon the pun) bin or whatever before harvest - but does water at a regular fountain come into direct contact with this stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by hurtinhvac View Post
    Is this stuff in regular water fountains that are chilled? I get how the ice sits in an unclean molding (pardon the pun) bin or whatever before harvest - but does water at a regular fountain come into direct contact with this stuff?
    No, The water fountain on the pop dispenser sometimes is piped directly into the dispenser valve from the city supply. Sometimes it comes off the booster pump. If youre talking about a fountain on a wall like you'd see in a school, those are sealed.

That clean compared to some of the sandwich shop down here in Texas.

Quote Originally Posted by sammyray View Post
    That clean compared to some of the sandwich shop down here in Texas.

Yeah, but this is at an upscale restaurant in a very affluent neighborhood in the northern burbs of Chicago......If they only knew....Rich folks ain't even exempt from the wrath of slime

Come on guys!! A little mold won't hurt ya!!! I see that stuff and still get ice out of the customers bin when i'm thirsty!!! Besides the drinks are free!!!

THANK YOU KB COOL, Ill second that KB cool. If that's the interior of the ice machine when do you think their soda/beer lines were cleaned? I'm sure they threw out the Mayo when their sandwich unit went down over the weekend. The waitress probably dropped your food on the bathroom floor cause she needed a bathroom break on the way to your table. Sorry but it's not just the ice machines fault. hah
    Last edited by Iceman7997; 09-09-2012 at 11:14 AM. Reason: 6

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast