Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Has anyone used a DTek Select after pressurizing a centrifugal with a boiler used for domestic hot water?

I usually just use a small 110 volt water heater?
    we have some machines we built with little electric heaters and built in pumps etccc.
    most of my accounts have built in heat blankets or built in heaters.
    a small heater and a small pump works fine.
    a boiler?? sounds like it would work but may be a bit overkill>??

as far as a detek?
    i do not believe they work well on r11?
    i have never had any luck with them on r11 buy maybe i just need to learn how to use them?

Quote Originally Posted by MechanicallyInclined View Post
    Has anyone used a DTek Select after pressurizing a centrifugal with a boiler used for domestic hot water?
    I WILL SELL WORK,GENERATE BUSINESS, GO GET NEW CUSTOMERS!
    YOU SHUT THE HELL UP AND QUIT RUNNING YOUR MOUTH!

I tried the D-Tek ultra-sonic several tears back on 113 chillers...

No luck. In one case, I had the occasion to transfer the refrigerant, add trace gas & nitrogen, mark all the leaks, etc. They suddenly ran out of money but had just enough left to have us pull it down & transfer the refrigerant back & put it on line. After doing so, for kicks I decided to use the ultra sonic where I knew all the leaks were & no joy.
    All my leon freaked out!

Cool CVHE leak

Quote Originally Posted by supertek65 View Post
    it is!!!!!!!!!!!!
    supertek68 is on the right track - if you have pressurized the system and can't find the leak install a check valve on the end of your exhaust pump, it is probably leaking back thru in cold periods!

Quote Originally Posted by mathias View Post
    supertek68 is on the right track - if you have pressurized the system and can't find the leak install a check valve on the end of your exhaust pump, it is probably leaking back thru in cold periods!
    If that's the case, you'd be better off just replacing the failed solenoid valve. And verifying the ability of the pumpout pump to pump against a 20"-25" vacuum.

I agree with making sure purge is working correctly and pressurizing purge unit. After that,Is it leak test worthy? If so, i would pull gas, pressure up with trace gas and nitrogen. Pressure up slowly and leak check at low and higher pressure. Some leaks don't show under higher pressure..... Example, I had a CVHE up to 10psi and no leak any where. I was letting gas out and a bubble caught my eye on IGV tang. The pressure was at 1psi. I only use an H-10.

H-10 is the only detector I have had any luck with. Have you tried retorqueing your suction ell bolts and economizer flange bolts. The evap flange bolts have been a problem. I have had to replace the whole flange due to the sealing surface being deteriated badly. I have had good luck with using gortex sealing cord instead of the rubber gaskets.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12