Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Likes

Mastercool Digital Manifold

One of our distributors sent a flyer around today with the new Mastercool Digital Manifold in it, with no sensors it was under $200, with two sensors under $400, looking at Mastercool's website it says that it has a temp sensor for superheat/subcool and a remote vacuum sensor, but not any other specs.

Anyone else seen this yet? The prices look almost too good to be true, and I have not had any experience with Mastercool, wondering if the quality will be any good.

They are supposed to be sending some more info in the next few days.

Post Likes
    A local supply house has been pushing Mastercool products for the past year around here. I am also curious about there quality.

I heard about there new digital gauges, I think the vacuum gauge would be an asset, even though it is located at the gauges. It seems to me the more simplier the better. No need for a seperate micron gauge.

Post Likes

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Timber View Post
    A local supply house has been pushing Mastercool products for the past year around here. I am also curious about there quality.

I heard about there new digital gauges, I think the vacuum gauge would be an asset, even though it is located at the gauges. It seems to me the more simplier the better. No need for a seperate micron gauge.
    IMHO They look kinda chincy
    RAM Teaching Tomorrows Technicians Today.

Post Likes
    http://www.thetoolwarehouse.net/shop/MAS-99134.html

Must be el crappo for that price.

Post Likes
    what's the matter with your old guages?
    mike

Post Likes

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by mikelcs View Post
    what's the matter with your old guages?
    Not a dam thing still have my Henry Valve from1965
    RAM Teaching Tomorrows Technicians Today.

Post Likes
    From the little info I could get off their website the vacuum sensor is remote to the manifold, I was wondering about the quality for the price also, the link you posted is for the automotive guage. I haven't been able to find anything other than this ( http://mastercool.com/featured_item.html ) about the HVAC/R set.

From that discription it sounds like it does what it I am looking for in a digital guage set, just don't want to spend the money if they are crap.

Post Likes

Junk

JUNK, JUNK, and TOTAL JUNK!!!!!!!!!!! Have a set of these. Was starting some units at an apartment complex came a little shower rain and messed them up it would read 1700 psi on low side and 2700 on high side with nothing hooked up. sent them back to Mastercool took 2 months to return. 1 month later have them hooked up to a r410 heatpump and highside reading goes to zero. recalibrate them and still zero. Highside sensor no longer works. Why would anyone make a test tool that you use outside 99.9% of the time that is NOT water resistant. I can understand not being able to put them underwater but a shower rain? Absolutely stupid!!!!!! Have Had a set of YellowJacket Gauges hanging in the van for the last year and a half. TOtally dependable!!!!! I will never buy MasterCool again. Yellow jacket is moisture resistant and shock resistant. Threw the Mastercools in the floorboard and have been kicking them every time I get near them. Do not buy these as factory repair is very slow and will lie to you bout when they will ship back. Digicool has one awesome tech help line, every time I have emailed Digicool I have gotten a return phonecall within the hour and once on the weekend.

Post Likes
    I been using the Mastercool 99772 for about 6 months and love them. I have had no problems with them. I do mostly restaurant work no HVAC but plenty of WIB and reach in boxes. As far as being waterproof I have gotten rained on and had no problems. They didn't get soaked but got wet. Love the vacuum sensor and the thermocouple makes taking SH and SC readings about as easy as it gets. Based on my experience I would recommend.To each his own.

Post Likes
    Mastercool Tester/User here as well... Complete Crap. I know, I've tested a lot of them. I just sent out for my sixth one because the previous 5 each had various issues. Vacuum readings, High Side not reading, Low Side not reading etc. This last one was good for a while, and now it will not even turn on. So, I'm getting my next one and will continue to trade them in until the warranty is up, and then return it. I'm waiting for the new Yellow Jacket I heard about in September to come out. If I were me again, I would stay clear from this product.
    Customer: "I have a problem with my (Non-Descript Heating Appliance). It's really old (somewhere from 3 to 120 Years?) and it used to make a (insert noise here) and now it makes a (insert new noise here). Is that common with (Non-Descript Heating Appliance)'s ? "

Post Likes
    I don't know why I would ever need a tool like this. I have been doing the math on my own for many years and I guess I like it that way. I don't want a tool that does the thinking for me. Call me old school, but if it ain't broke, I see no reason to try to fix it.
    mike

Post Likes
    Actually, I thought the same thing. But it is nice to know your gauge is accurate. And to not have to carry around charts for superheat/subcool, and to have the vacuum gauge built in. Nice though.. Not necessary. Same reason I have a digital combustion analyzer. It's just nice to know it's accurate and not have to manually do things.. And the combustion analyzer was a heck of a lot more than any digital manifold I've seen.
    Customer: "I have a problem with my (Non-Descript Heating Appliance). It's really old (somewhere from 3 to 120 Years?) and it used to make a (insert noise here) and now it makes a (insert new noise here). Is that common with (Non-Descript Heating Appliance)'s ? "

Post Likes
    Oh and I was sick of my franken-gauges pieced together and wanted a real set. Perhaps I should have stuck with an analog real set.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast