Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    One more question - I have one zone that the VAV box never closes, over cooling the space. On the Status Display Points list - "Damper Position" always reads 97% open. Yet when I look at the ZNMAINT list, the Damper Reference is at 20%, which is its minimum position. In the book for the zone dampers I see Zone Commissioning Maintenance Table - should I run through these steps to calibrate the damper actuator?

Quote Originally Posted by Ancoma Tom View Post
    The air source controller is a 33CSPREMLK PremierLink controller and the terminal controllers are 33ZCVVTZC 3V Controllers.

So in the ZNMAINT section I see the first line is "Occupied" on each VAV, I assume when the "Value" says Yes then that zone is occupied, which will force the fan on, correct? If all zones "Value" show No, then the fan should turn off?
    On a VVT setup your master zone controller will determine if the fan is on all the time during occupied periods.

Quote Originally Posted by Ancoma Tom View Post
    One more question - I have one zone that the VAV box never closes, over cooling the space. On the Status Display Points list - "Damper Position" always reads 97% open. Yet when I look at the ZNMAINT list, the Damper Reference is at 20%, which is its minimum position. In the book for the zone dampers I see Zone Commissioning Maintenance Table - should I run through these steps to calibrate the damper actuator?
    Yeah, it can't hurt. You are going to want to enable both commissioning mode and damper calibration. Wait awhile and then check your damper calibration status.

What is the major problem with the site? The fan running all the time or temperature complaints?

The original customer complaint was overcooling in the zone that always reads 97% on the ZNMAINT list. My observation was the fan always running and since I am trying to reduce energy usage, that has to be solved. Is the Damper Position on ZNMAINT actually a feedback/indication of the actual damper position? If so it is probably acurate as the damper shaft appears to be wide open. Is there a way to troubleshoot to determine if the cause for the difference in the Damper Reference vs. actual position is software or hardware related? Could the damper issue and fan running issue be related to one another?

Fan on/auto setting is in the premierlink.Sounds like an actuator problem try moving it manually with the bottn pushed in.

Quote Originally Posted by ascj View Post
    Yeah, it can't hurt. You are going to want to enable both commissioning mode and damper calibration. Wait awhile and then check your damper calibration status.

What is the major problem with the site? The fan running all the time or temperature complaints?
    Tried enabling the zone in Commissioning Mode and then enabling Damper Calibration and the damper position nowreads out at 45% open and it is in Alarm. The damper Cal Ststus is also showing Alarm.

Sounds like damper is mechanically binding

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12