Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 27 to 34 of 34

Thread: 1500 microns

  1. #27
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    2,437
    If there's refrigerant in oil, can't you set off the electronic leak detector at vacuum pump exhaust?

  2. #28
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Mid-Mo
    Posts
    3,594
    Quote Originally Posted by ICanHas View Post
    If there's refrigerant in oil, can't you set off the electronic leak detector at vacuum pump exhaust?
    Interesting thought, why didn't I think of that? I'm gonna try that next time I vacuum just for giggles.

  3. #29
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Western PA
    Posts
    25,400
    Quote Originally Posted by ICanHas View Post
    If there's refrigerant in oil, can't you set off the electronic leak detector at vacuum pump exhaust?
    Not only is their refrigerant in the oil, but, even at 0 PSIG, there is still refrigerant in the lineset.

    I can't count the times that I've set off a building leak detector with a vacuum pump after a repair.

  4. #30
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    2,437
    Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    Not only is their refrigerant in the oil, but, even at 0 PSIG, there is still refrigerant in the lineset.
    I know. We were talking about heel contents on green jugs a while back remember?

    0psig is the same as bag full of refrigerant at same pressure as atmosphere.

    Systems are usually brought down to 15" Hg vacuum (about 1/2 atm or 380,000 microns) with a recovery machine, then pulled down by rotary vane vacuum pump but by the time you're down to ~1,000 microns(1mmHg) is there detectable amount of refrigerant in vacuum exhaust from oil off-gas?

  5. #31
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Lynn, Mass
    Posts
    134
    just an update....
    No call backs still. I may have been wrong, I may have been right.The guy I was working with has since informed me that he may have had a hair across his a$$ that week and apologized for not explaining himself, he didnt explain himself then either though. lol. but, we hashed out our differences and he understood why I got aggravated and told me he'd start taking a second to explain why and why not he is doing certain things... We are now merrily skipping down the street holding hands!! LOL Thanks all for the input.

  6. #32
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Atlanta GA area
    Posts
    20,903
    Quote Originally Posted by SBres22 View Post
    just an update....
    No call backs still. I may have been wrong, I may have been right.The guy I was working with has since informed me that he may have had a hair across his a$$ that week and apologized for not explaining himself, he didnt explain himself then either though. lol. but, we hashed out our differences and he understood why I got aggravated and told me he'd start taking a second to explain why and why not he is doing certain things... We are now merrily skipping down the street holding hands!! LOL Thanks all for the input.
    Guy you work with may, for any number of reasons, not have the social or communicative skills to explain things well... just life. The unfortunate thing is: Those of us who do more or less have the social/communicative skills... spend a lot of our time cleaning up the messes of others that either do not have the skills or behave like jerks. Again, just life. Glad you are getting along better.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

    Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

    Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

    2 Chronicles 7:14

  7. #33
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Tampa Bay, FL.
    Posts
    119
    I've found it necessary to break vacuum w/nitro up to 5 times to get down to 300-500 mics on some small reach in units. Probably due to the restrictive nature of the smaller diameter tubing. Something to keep in mind on the next one. Glad it's working though!

  8. #34
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Lynn, Mass
    Posts
    134
    Quote Originally Posted by hydra View Post
    I've found it necessary to break vacuum w/nitro up to 5 times to get down to 300-500 mics on some small reach in units. Probably due to the restrictive nature of the smaller diameter tubing. Something to keep in mind on the next one. Glad it's working though!
    Thanks for the info, if i need to, I will remember this entire discussion, be it technical or personable related...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event