+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Refrigerant leak detector

Post Likes

Refrigerant leak detector

What brand and style leak detector is better at finding 410? I currently use the bacharach leak detector not sure of the model but it's the rechargeable one, I've used both the rechargeable and the 120v one and I think they both kinda suck, or maybe I'm having bad luck with them.
    For R22 it works pretty good but I'm having problems with 410.
    I will be buying another one by next week and thought I would ask around.
    Thanks in advance for your input.

Post Likes
    to me it sounds like you have the h10. if so theres not much better. do a seach on the h10 you will find lots of info. their is a way you can adjust yours so it will be more sensitive. ill try to find a link....

Post Likes
    the best way to find a leak is dye tracer leak detector. the kind that glow under UV light.
    Have tools and gauges, will travel.
    ------------------------------------------------------

RIDGID|YELLOW JACKET|UEI|TESTO|STANLEY|CPS|VETO| KLEIN|MILWAUKEE|MASTERCRAFT|

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by blitz View Post
    the best way to find a leak is dye tracer leak detector. the kind that glow under UV light.
    Horse hockey pucks.
    Too much of a mess and your adding a foreign substance that most cmp mfg don't approve of.

Pressure and refer with a leak detector is the pro method.

Instead of relying on dye how about improving your detection skills?

How many times have you heard it said leak detection is an art not a science?

That does not mean you paint pretty pic with dye.

Sorry if this sounds coarse ,but there are no short cuts in refer leak detection. And the sooner we stop taking the easy way out the better quality tech we we have

Post Likes
    Horse hockey pucks.
    Too much of a mess and your adding a foreign substance that most cmp mfg don't approve of.

That does not mean you paint pretty pics with dye.

Sorry if this sounds coarse ,but there are no short cuts in refer leak detection. And the sooner we stop taking the easy way out the better quality techs we will have

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by hvaclover View Post
    Horse hockey pucks.

That does not mean you paint pretty pics with dye.

Sorry if this sounds coarse ,but there are no short cuts in refer leak detection. And the sooner we stop taking the easy way out the better quality techs we will have
    actually this is the 1st time I heard that saying. now, dye is idiot proof and very easy to show to the customer. I don't have to waste hours looking for a small leak. Although the downside of dye is release of refrigerant to atmosphere.... and it's kinda a company procedure in my shop, so I'm bound by it, unless it's something really obvious like pool of dried up oil and hissing sounds.

how would you do your leak detection?
    Have tools and gauges, will travel.
    ------------------------------------------------------

RIDGID|YELLOW JACKET|UEI|TESTO|STANLEY|CPS|VETO| KLEIN|MILWAUKEE|MASTERCRAFT|

Post Likes
    actually this is the 1st time I heard that saying. now, dye is idiot proof and very easy to show to the customer. I don't have to waste hours looking for a small leak. Although the downside of dye is release of refrigerant to atmosphere.... and it's kinda a company procedure in my shop, so I'm bound by it, unless it's something really obvious like pool of dried up oil and hissing sounds.

how would you do your leak detection?
    the old fashion way, I look for it.

Post Likes
    yellow jacket

Post Likes
    What about the field piece one?

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in