Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    The general health of the younger generation has been in decline for many years.

Where did you get that from? Are you sure?
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

"Who ARE you people? And WHAT are you doing in my SWAMP!?" Shrek

Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

"I am sorry for interrupting, please continue with your quarreling" Some chick on TV

Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    The problem the Republicans have is they do not even realize we have a problem with our healthcare system in this country. They can’t get themselves to do anything that would reduce the profit of any company, even when they are gouging the crap out of us.

Does anyone here even know what Blue Cross or Aetna charges to insure a family of four? I doubt it because you are so blinded by your hatred of the Democrats. Can’t you see you are being played by the Republican Party to not engage on the problem and fix it? When someone comes up with a fix I don't like, I don't complain about it. I come up with a better one. Well, where is yours?

Wake up and smell the feces. After you do that, come up with a plan of your own to fix it…that is if you give a crap about anything outside of protecting big business and the rich.
    I suspect you don’t know what you are talking about, so I will ask you to name one.

…now go on and do the dance.

Since you like to make broad generalizations, why don't you name some Republicans that you know for a fact don't care about healthcare. I suspect you don't. Now dance.

True, the passing of Obamacare sent insurance premiums through the roof. Obama forced insurance companies to provide additional coverage (pre-existing conditions, etc) so they just passed the cost on to us
    If Obama cannot see how he has increased insurance premiums he is more of an idiot than before. But what I cannot understand is how the Republicans bash his plan while refusing to even acknowledge we have a healthcare problem in this country. If they did, they would have a plan of their own. They don’t.

My opinion why: Republicans won’t do anything to curtail the profits of any money grubbing business, even when people are dying and going bankrupt. They are fixated on someone possibly getting something for free.
    I'm sorry, well actually I'm not, but Obamacare is a ripoff of Romneycare. A republican did it first.

Quote Originally Posted by jmac00 View Post
    Nice try LOL, printing money is not MAKING MONEY.....sort of

actually, they are loosing money to. It now cost 1.75˘ to make a penny? WTF??????
    Maybe so, but it doesn't cost a dollar to make a dollar. So I don't see how they're losing money.

so in other words you can't find a single government entity/department/section that has shown they can run any enterprise and not loose money.

For example, the post office, in the red every year

Medicare, in the red every year

.......anyone?
    OK, I’ll respond.

The running of those two businesses has never been attempted or accomplished by any business in this nation. That is, to hand deliver a stack of mail to every doorstep six days a week. Well, what business has done it cheaper than and more efficiently than our Post Office…regardless of the total expense. It’s easy to bash, but who has done it better? There is no one to compare that business to. And don’t say Fed-Ex. They do not do what the Post Office does.

Now Medicare. They operate on a certain budget, what ever it is. You say it is in the red every year. Well, if our wonderful rip-off insurance companies (private enterprise) were to insure all the elderly (sixty-five and older) and cover all their pre-existing conditions like Medicare does, could the insurance companies do it for less? Hell no. The average premium would be about $5,000 a month. If our rip-off system charges what they do for healthy, young people, imagine what they would charge for the sickly elderly.

Again, Medicare is running a business that no other private enterprise has ever tried to run in the black. Actually, Medicare is probably doing better than private enterprise. Their admin costs are about one third of private cos. Have you ever heard private enterprise tout that they can do better than Medicare does. They would be skinned alive trying to insure the elderly.

Then try hiring Blackwater to protect our nation to save a buck. Those private businesses would have us for lunch.

Quote Originally Posted by chaard View Post
    Since you like to make broad generalizations, why don't you name some Republicans that you know for a fact don't care about healthcare. I suspect you don't. Now dance.
    It would be foolish to say you knew what any politician truly cares about. But what I do see is that Republicans get all caught up in bashing Obamacare but won’t come up with an alternative program for us to choose. Forget Obamacare. Come up with something better. They won’t because they like the old system of only the elite getting coverage. And of course the healthcare system getting fat.

It would be foolish to say you knew what any politician truly cares about. But what I do see is that Republicans get all caught up in bashing Obamacare but won’t come up with an alternative program for us to choose. Forget Obamacare. Come up with something better. They won’t because they like the old system of only the elite getting coverage. And of course the healthcare system getting fat.
    actually the Republicans DID try and come up with a plan. But as we all recall, the Democrats would not let them in the room, Literally.

The Democrats shut the door and locked the Republicans out. Thats when Nancy Pelosi came up with her now infamous line "we have to pass it to see whats in it"

NObama's transparency is as clear as mud.

Medicare: I believe private enterprise could run Medicare way more efficient and at less expense than the government.

Here is an interesting dissertation on the history of Medicare, starting in 1934 and how the government manipulated the number and information given to the public

http://www.cato.org/pubs/journal/cj16n3-3.html

The gulf between what the public thought and what was actually in the bill was enormous. The most pressing rationale for compulsory health insurance continually put forward by government officials and echoed by the public was the specter that responsible older people could be ruined financially by catastrophic illness. Yet neither the 1963 nor the 1965 proposal provided coverage for catastrophic illness. During the 1965 Senate Finance Committee hearings, Chairman Russell Long (D., La.) asked HEW Secretary Anthony Celebrezze, whose department had written the bill, "Why do you leave out the real catastrophes, the catastrophic illnesses?" (U.S. Senate Hearings 1965: 182). When Celebrezze replied that it was "not intended for those that are going to stay in institutions year-in and year-out," Senator Long countered: "Well, in arguing for your plan you say let's not strip poor old grandma of the last dress she has and of her home and what little resources she has and you bring us a plan that does exactly that unless she gets well in 60 days."
    Basically, if you believe the government is looking out for you and your future, you would be well advised to rethink that strategy.

NObamaCare is about control, tax and the redistribution of wealth. Period
    The Last four letters

American = I Can, Republican = I Can, Democrats = Rats

any questions

Probably some truth to this as kids today seem to hang around inside sitting on their hind quarters playing video games all the times when they are not sitting around in school.

I know grown miss who regularly are late for work because they stay up all night playing video games and stuff.

But...as far as being able bodied in case of a big war..... boot camp will whip these kids into shape in no time......lol
    YOU SHALL REAP WHAT YOU HAVE _______ SOWN

Medicare: I believe private enterprise could run Medicare way more efficient and at less expense than the government.
    Then why hasn’t any private entity ever come forward and vied for the Medicare business? Right off we know the admin costs would triple. Also, who wants to pay for numerous trips to the doctor, hip and shoulder replacements and then the $200k+ for the in vane attempt to keep them alive in their end days? Medicare pays less for the exact same medical services and does not exclude anything like private insurance does.

If Medicare is so poorly run why are their admin costs so comparatively low? How do they pull off not playing along with $20 band-aid scam?

Private insurance would charge way more to insure our elderly in my estimation. They can’t even insure healthy people at a reasonable rate.

so if Obama get re-elected, whats his excuse going to be........."look at the mess I created and then inherited" or is he going to continue to blame Bush

sheeesh I tired of everyone trying to blame Bush for the absolute economic disaster we are in now

How does anyone become president and 30 days later, after doing NOTHING, gets a Nobel Peace Prize.
    Amen Brother!!!!
    Don't worry zombies are looking for brains, you're safe...

Personally, I think we have the government we deserve... because we are not doing enough about it.

After all, they ARE public servants... all we have to do is talk to folks and convince them they are getting screwed. The rest will happen by itself.

About a month ago, I went down to a township 'semi-downtown' (The city of Atlanta is only a small amount of the metro area... there are over 40 townships also). The guy was looking for cheap... and I was not gonna give away the work. What I decided to do was spend about an hour teaching him about politics. Guy was convinced he could not pay for health-care, ALL private companies were greedy and destructive, and that the govt was the only answer to save the 'little guy' from greed.

Simply put: After carefully listening to each of his 'issues' (rants would be more accurate), and with factual data show him he was being literally lied to and screwed... I saw the light bulb come on in his eyes. Guy was FURIOUS when he realized how thoroughly he was duped. Another BHO disciple converted.

Lets start a tally thread: How many BHO and DEM disciples did you convert in the month of August? I did 2. And at the end of Sept lets discuss how many we did in Sept.

Folks... they are not gonna learn unless someone literally sits with them and teaches them... and us folks who go out to houses are in the perfect place to do so (not everyone will listen, however a few will). So I ask this question: How much is it worth to each one of us to get that idiot out of the WH? Will any of you literally convert a lib into a thinking semi-conservative this month (Sept)?
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Guess I better get it in gear! I only converted one in Aug. As the saying goes...GAME ON!
    Don't worry zombies are looking for brains, you're safe...

Good for you! Generally, I only get 'one' a mos... and sometimes I am too busy to take the time. However:

It struck me last Spring of the importance of investing in the PEOPLE of the country.

I wonder if this analogy is too far off:

Compare the saying
    'Give a man a fish, you feed him for a day; teach him to fish and you feed him for life' (and IMO change his life for the better also).
    with
    Promote your candidate, you get a term of better policy; teach the voter what is truly in their best interest (freedom), you get a lifetime of better policy.

NAAAH... that may be too much of a stretch... <grin>
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast