Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

ObamaCare summed up in one sentence

I only drink a little, but when I do
    I turn into another person and THAT person drinks a lot

Another typical Republican that thinks the biggest problem with our current healthcare is that someone is trying to fix it.

Classic!
    To put the world in order, we must first put the nation in order; to put the nation in order, we must put the family in order; to put the family in order, we must cultivate our personal life; and to cultivate our personal life, we must first set our hearts right.
    -- Confucius

Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    Another typical Republican that thinks the biggest problem with our current healthcare is that someone is trying to fix it.
    Im sorry, did she say something that wasn't true?
    To put the world in order, we must first put the nation in order; to put the nation in order, we must put the family in order; to put the family in order, we must cultivate our personal life; and to cultivate our personal life, we must first set our hearts right.
    -- Confucius

Just proves that liberals just don't understand their own problems.
    Those who dance, appear insane to those who do not hear the music.
    Those who believe, appear ignorant to those who do not know God.

What problems, when Obamacare doesn't work they'll just claim that it's failure was caused by the Repubs anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by kls-ccc View Post
    What problems, when Obamacare doesn't work they'll just claim that it's failure was caused by the Repubs anyway.
    The problem the Republicans have is they do not even realize we have a problem with our healthcare system in this country. They can’t get themselves to do anything that would reduce the profit of any company, even when they are gouging the crap out of us.

Does anyone here even know what Blue Cross or Aetna charges to insure a family of four? I doubt it because you are so blinded by your hatred of the Democrats. Can’t you see you are being played by the Republican Party to not engage on the problem and fix it? When someone comes up with a fix I don't like, I don't complain about it. I come up with a better one. Well, where is yours?

Wake up and smell the feces. After you do that, come up with a plan of your own to fix it…that is if you give a crap about anything outside of protecting big business and the rich.

What problem?

There are LOTS of AFFORDABLE (read that a good value) options for good quality (even HIGH quality) health care... all one has to do is SHOP for them.

I was talking to a potential customer a week ago... guy said he could not afford $1000/mos for health insurance. I asked him why it was sooo much? He said because he is partially diabetic. I said I was not familiar with partial diabetic, what does that mean? He said as long as he watches his diet, he does not have symptoms. (DUH...).

Then he goes to beating me down on the price of a new system... tells me the guy on Craigs list will do it for... $XXXX

I tell him; Well, if you think that is a good value, then why did you call me out?

He responds 'I want your quality at his price'

Folks, this is the answer to why folks support Obamacare... they think they will get something for nothing.

GA comment: I guess this country will have to go through a decade long recession/depression to teach the lazy and greedy; they will have to work for what they get.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

PS... They guy continued to whine about healthcare... yet I saw I could close the sale if I just listened to him a bit and helped him sort out the problem.

According to him, he has to do a battery of tests once a quarter, which costs around $300. I asked him about getting major/catastrophic only insurance? He had not even heard of it. Then he starts in on why that is not adequate... Long story short: after discussing the numbers a bit, the dude (now understand he is in his 40's), finally had the light-bulb go on. He realized if he bought M/C only insurance, and paid for the testing out/pocket, he would save almost a grand a year. I got the sale, he is happy with his system.

After thinking about this... I realized we have a whole generation of spoiled kids out there in adult bodies who think everything should be handed to them on a platter, at someone else's expense. Wonder if they will EVER grow up... or if the few of us working will have to support them for the rest of our lives.

If the latter is true, I may find a place in the middle of 'back-woods nowhere' (read that a poor part of the country with a pretty view of trees) and lower my tax rate to the point Uncle BHO does not gouge me too much. With the internet and SAT TV... one can be in touch with the world without putting up with the bad parts of the world.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    There are LOTS of AFFORDABLE (read that a good value) options for good quality (even HIGH quality) health care... all one has to do is SHOP for them.
    I suspect you don’t know what you are talking about, so I will ask you to name one.

…now go on and do the dance.

Sorry, this is not gonna sound nice:

Not my problem to live your life for you... unless I am wrong are you an adult? Where i grew up, adults take responsibility for themselves.

I had to hunt and search, doing so taught me the value of perseverance... Do you know that lesson?

Good things (read that, the GREAT deals) are not within a 5 minute google search).

Do your due diligence, you will find it.

Unfair you say?

OK, I am sorry for busting your butt... However:

I am also sick and tired of lazy (not calling anyone out) folks whining about life being too hard... so they elect a whacko who promises to rip me off to pay their bills.

Now THAT is not fair to me.

Sooner or later, we need to realize we all have to live with what is available.

Funny thing... when I searched around, I found lots of deals. All one has to do is take the time to look.

Hint: Do you REALLY NEED complete coverage? Or would M/C do? When I was growing up, few folks had full coverage, most had M/C only... full coverage was considered an extravagant luxury. And there was a funny thing about that time: Folks took care of their health themselves (read that balanced lifestyle, healthy diet, exercise, etc). And the general health of the country was better than today.

My point is: When we expect life to be handed to us on a platter, we get our expectations too high. When we realize we have to WORK for everything we get... we get our heads screwed on straight (again).

Might look at the dude in the post above... IMO childish thinking in an adult body... all he needed was someone to show him a better way. Now does our govt do that? H*LL no... all the govt does is make life MORE expensive... while lieing to us they are fixing things. Ever notice that literally NO polecat ever goes into public office poor and retires poor? Funny thing there. Why do they ALWAYS end up filthy rich... while we end up with less and less. IMO it does not take a rocket scientist to figure out who is screwing who.

Wake up America, and DOWNSIZE govt. History proves it works, all we need to do is get over the lazy and greedy attitude and learn to take care of ourselves.

And with that rant, GA is off to earn a living... WITHOUT govt support.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    The problem the Republicans have is they do not even realize we have a problem with our healthcare system in this country. They can’t get themselves to do anything that would reduce the profit of any company, even when they are gouging the crap out of us.

Does anyone here even know what Blue Cross or Aetna charges to insure a family of four? I doubt it because you are so blinded by your hatred of the Democrats. Can’t you see you are being played by the Republican Party to not engage on the problem and fix it? When someone comes up with a fix I don't like, I don't complain about it. I come up with a better one. Well, where is yours?

Wake up and smell the feces. After you do that, come up with a plan of your own to fix it…that is if you give a crap about anything outside of protecting big business and the rich.
    I realize that over $500 a month is a problem for health care. I don't see where taking $500 from me to give the the government to pay someone elses health care lowers the healthcare cost it just shifts the burden. So what happens when you shift the burden? Prices go up at the point where the burden shifted to i.e. if you make business pay for it the prices of that businesses products are giong to go up. So again the price has not lowered for anyone it is just shifted, but then to add to that you also have to pay for the employees of the government which just adds more cost. So now th eprice has gone up not down.

You ask where my plan is? right here. Why are medical cost so high? Insurance and law suites. Why is medical insurance so high for medical providers?, law suites. Are you seeing a pattern yet. You can't fix health care without torte reform { law suites} with the mojority of congressmen and senators being lawyers do you really think that will happen, i don't care what party they are! You can't fix a problem by just looking at the cost, you have to look at what is causing that cost, then fix the underlying cause. That's the problem with Obamacare, it doesn't fix the problem, it attacks the symptom. Like if you had small pox and you just put a cream on it for the rash, it doesn't really do anything for the cause of the small pox.

Govenment answer to almost everything is through more money at it, which is ussually the worst answer. The only problem you can change with money is wealth. You take enough money away from the wealthy and they will not be wealthy anymore. And this president talks about helping hte middleclass but he has done more to help the wealthy than anything else, then lie about it and blame soemone else. So I really don't trust his plan.

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    Sorry, this is not gonna sound nice:

Not my problem to live your life for you... unless I am wrong are you an adult? Where i grew up, adults take responsibility for themselves.

I had to hunt and search, doing so taught me the value of perseverance... Do you know that lesson?

Good things (read that, the GREAT deals) are not within a 5 minute google search).

Do your due diligence, you will find it.

Unfair you say?

OK, I am sorry for busting your butt... However:

I am also sick and tired of lazy (not calling anyone out) folks whining about life being too hard... so they elect a whacko who promises to rip me off to pay their bills.

Now THAT is not fair to me.

Sooner or later, we need to realize we all have to live with what is available.

Funny thing... when I searched around, I found lots of deals. All one has to do is take the time to look.

Hint: Do you REALLY NEED complete coverage? Or would M/C do? When I was growing up, few folks had full coverage, most had M/C only... full coverage was considered an extravagant luxury. And there was a funny thing about that time: Folks took care of their health themselves (read that balanced lifestyle, healthy diet, exercise, etc). And the general health of the country was better than today.

My point is: When we expect life to be handed to us on a platter, we get our expectations too high. When we realize we have to WORK for everything we get... we get our heads screwed on straight (again).

Might look at the dude in the post above... IMO childish thinking in an adult body... all he needed was someone to show him a better way. Now does our govt do that? H*LL no... all the govt does is make life MORE expensive... while lieing to us they are fixing things. Ever notice that literally NO polecat ever goes into public office poor and retires poor? Funny thing there. Why do they ALWAYS end up filthy rich... while we end up with less and less. IMO it does not take a rocket scientist to figure out who is screwing who.

Wake up America, and DOWNSIZE govt. History proves it works, all we need to do is get over the lazy and greedy attitude and learn to take care of ourselves.

And with that rant, GA is off to earn a living... WITHOUT govt support.
    Just as I suspected, you couldn't come up with one, but that was a nice dance. Yet you say they are out there. Well, I have "shopped", have you?

I know the costs very well. Apparently you do not. But go on using ambiguous terms like "AFFORDABLE".

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast