Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Yep got a yhjf and a f2fp in my own house. Cadillac!!!

I have sold Trane, Bryant, Goodman, Heil and Coleman all in the last 2 years. I have had the best pricing and least warranty service calls on the Coleman line. Now I sell 98% Coleman and 2% Trane (for those people who think Trane will shoot gold dust from the registers.) I have been to the Goodman factories and the JCI factories. I was thoroughly impressed with the JCI factories and their quality control, manufacturing processes etc. Now that they have worked out the quirks with the modulating furnace line, there are almost no callbacks. I highly recommend JCI products (Coleman/York)
    America; first we fight for our freedom,
    then we make laws to take it away.

-Alfred E Newman

I had a long discussion with my Rheem dealer today a lot of questions got answered. Indeed there did seem to be more leaky indoor coils appear after the switch to Mexico production. I got a very detailed explanation why they leaked but i wont go into it here. Changes have been made and the improved coils hit the airhandlers Mid-April 2011. The X13 Motors with surge protection should start being installed very soon. Now i guess its a waiting game to see if the Post-April coils leak. I like Rheem, I'm very familiar with Rheem. Gotta say bye bye to Goodman.

My company owns a 40 unit apartment complex that was built in 2007. All Tempstar 13 seer split systems, 2-3 ton. So far minimal problems. In 5 years we've only had a few service calls and most of them were tenant abuse related.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I've found 12 leaky evap coils this month so far during spring prev maintanance calls running outta 410 changed 6 coils this week lol

Formacary corrosion

Every single brand has its ups and downs. Where one brand excels, another comes short. For my money, I'm picking a brand that has a local distributor. We sell Trane, and I can't say I'm displeased. We have a Trane regional parts center in town and we also have an an American Standard distributor in town so if I need parts, I am covered twice over. We also have access to Heil/Tempstar/Comfortmaker and they had a streak a while back where almost every 90% heat exchanger I looked at was busted, and then there was the smart valve, but once again there is a distributer in town. Thats the main thing I look for, quick, easy access to parts.
    The only true knowledge is the pursuit of knowledge

I think you should not blame the brand, blame the install. I think all brands are about the same. There is not a brand that hasn't had leak problems.
    I you do your homework and do AHRI Manual J,D and S, all units will perform as rated.

Most brands have top end units and low end models. Goodman is a good unit, it has bad rep because they sale to anyone. How many who buy Goodman will follow AHRI guidelines.

My 2 cent.

STUD

Quote Originally Posted by HVAC/Stud View Post
    I think you should not blame the brand, blame the install. I think all brands are about the same. There is not a brand that hasn't had leak problems.
    I you do your homework and do AHRI Manual J,D and S, all units will perform as rated.

Most brands have top end units and low end models. Goodman is a good unit, it has bad rep because they sale to anyone. How many who buy Goodman will follow AHRI guidelines.

My 2 cent.

STUD
    If all you care about is something that cools then sure I can agree with this. My customers demand more than just cooling, so a goodman would not work for them.

Quote Originally Posted by 3DFanatic View Post
    If all you care about is something that cools then sure I can agree with this. My customers demand more than just cooling, so a goodman would not work for them.
    What exactly do your customer's demand that other brands of HVAC can provide that Goodman systems cannot? For that matter, what brand provides anything that all other brands cannot provide?
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Probably snub appeal...
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    What exactly do your customer's demand that other brands of HVAC can provide that Goodman systems cannot? For that matter, what brand provides anything that all other brands cannot provide?
    Never said other brands, i said goodman. For one goodman is noisy both inside and out. That alone makes it unacceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    Probably snub appeal...
    That's funny

I am not against goodman, It has it's place.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast