Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

IceCold catalyst

I am wondering if anyone has used or has even heard about this new product ?
    The company swears return on investment in 1 year.
    Thanks in advance..

http://www.icecoldtech.com/IceCOLD/Home.html

We are a permafrost dealer.
    Yes it works!
    One year roi?
    Depends on how much they are charging per oz.
    I would say 2 years for most equipment.
    1 year on server rooms and refer stuff.

Frank

Question

Quote Originally Posted by supertek65 View Post
    Yes it works!
    One year roi?

Frank
    any one else have any experience with this stuff??

Mike
    Sig removed by mod. G-Rated site

Thanks ice. I'll have to start on page one, my search key words didn't find it I only got this thread!!!
    Sig removed by mod. G-Rated site

Yes it works!
    One year roi?

Frank
    I don't believe it without scientific evidence. I'm not gonna buy drain cleaner works best on clogged drain type response .

Yes it works!
    One year roi?

Frank
    I would say you're a big fat liar. I have the ICECold stuff and so far, i'm using more power than before the stuff was installed. 30% savings is an outright lie...
    Political Correctness, the language of wussies.

icecold?
    I wonder what that tastes like

Quote Originally Posted by gulfbreeze View Post
    The company swears return on investment in 1 year.[/URL]
    If they're so confident, I would guess they give a 1 year money back guarantee. Oh wait, they don't? Guess that question is answered

Interesting i didnt know supertek used it, this should be good, a couple of haters with zero proof it doesnt work versus someone with excellent creds and who works on equipment that would make them leave puddles in their panties.
    You sure are cocky for a starving pilgrim.

Quote Originally Posted by Some Dude View Post
    Interesting i didnt know supertek used it, this should be good, a couple of haters with zero proof it doesnt work versus someone with excellent creds and who works on equipment that would make them leave puddles in their panties.
    if... such thing existed you would believe that OEMs wouldn't use it convert 13 SEER equipment into 17 SEER equipment?

Quote Originally Posted by ICanHas View Post
    if... such thing existed you would believe that OEMs wouldn't use it convert 13 SEER equipment into 17 SEER equipment?
    I dont have a dog in the fight, i do know it took the automotive industry years to switch to synthetic.
    Seen a lot of things change over the last few decades hot / cold deck was the greatest thing in the world at one time, now we see them as wasteful white elephants if we see them at all.

Im still not ready to run out and buy it but i would like to see what time and experience has to say about it, more time than anything else, it may indeed be snake oil but i want to see it proven, i may very well form the same opinion i have regarding people who inject that leak sealing trash but i would like to see it with my own eyes and talk to some who have used it for an extended period of time.
    You sure are cocky for a starving pilgrim.

Quote Originally Posted by Some Dude View Post
    I dont have a dog in the fight, i do know it took the automotive industry years to switch to synthetic.
    Seen a lot of things change over the last few decades hot / cold deck was the greatest thing in the world at one time, now we see them as wasteful white elephants if we see them at all.

Im still not ready to run out and buy it but i would like to see what time and experience has to say about it, more time than anything else, it may indeed be snake oil but i want to see it proven, i may very well form the same opinion i have regarding people who inject that leak sealing trash but i would like to see it with my own eyes and talk to some who have used it for an extended period of time.
    Users do not have a psychometric laboratory or even a dedicated set of instrumentation for the AC. AC bill varies month to month, year to year even without making any change, because you're dealing with the nature and the occupant habits also vary.

A plunger can improve your toilet's flow by up to 500%, but that's conditional to it being clogged and not functioning correctly and that sort of claim is BS.

Marc actually tested this IceCOLD crap in his own system under fairly tight test conditions. His system was correctly working to begin with based on the data he provided. He found no efficiency gain from this additive. By far the biggest challenge to that project was getting the brand ambassador to turn over a product sample.

I've repeatedly pestered the IceCOLD brand ambassador (or whatever his title is) to purchase a new system and submit it along with their additive and instructions to an accredited laboratory for testing at their own expense but they haven't complied with such a reasonable request. No DIY rules apply DIY test results by salesman should not be admissible for marketing claims.

That is sometimes what happens when someone tests equipment or appliances and complain to the DOE after finding that they failed miserably compared to the claim.

AeroSys equipment and Haier refrigerators failed independent tests and these triggered complaints to the Department of Energy about energy standards misrepresentation. The DOE ordered their equipment tested. They failed and those companies got fined big time.

Too bad there's no such oversight for additives and accessories making specific energy claims like "save 30%" that allows DOE to order them to turn over samples and submit to laboratory testing at manufacturer's expense.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast