Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Integrate Lutron Quantum lighting panel into a JCI MSEA system

has anyone integrated a Lutron panel into a Johnson Controls MSEA system using BACnet. I am having trouble getting the devices to be seen. Have integrated many other vendors but no luck so far with this one, any ideas?

Hello,

Do you have the Quantum system setup with a UDP of 47808 and Networkk address of 1001. What is the BACnet ID#. Of course did you verify that all the network ports are open on the switch that need to be open. Can you ping the Quantum system. Is the NAE a 35\45\or 55.

When you scan the system from the NAE - it just doesn't find anything - correct.

In MSEA, View the site and click on the Advance button. Is the Quantum added in the BACnet part. Verify that the BACnet Encoder Type is the same.

The other thing to do, is go into the NAE and setup expert mode. Then on the NAE you're see a new folder \ ICON called BBMD. If you view the BBMD, you can enter in the BACnet address of the Quantum. This will force the NAE to directly link to the Quantum. Do a scan, if this fails you need to do a WireShark.

Get a copy of WireShark. Install this on your laptop. Install a simple hub not a switch and connect the NAE, Quantum and laptop together. Then run WireShark and you will see data between the two on a scan.

Remember you need to put in the "IP Broadcast Mask" of 255.255.255.255 and not of your network, in the NAE\ADS.

It's early - after my coffee if I remember anymore I'll post it.

Let us know what you find

Is it a NAE or an ADS/X.

If it is the ADS then you need to go into one of the NAE under the ADS and pull the Lutron panle in through a bacnet integration in the NAE and then the panel will show up.

If it is a NAE, then you add a bacnet integration under the tree and discover the panel, if you know the IP address then enter it manually.

If it is across subnets the you need to make sure you have all the pertinent IP information in the NAE network tab including the IP, correct subnet mask and Gateway/router address to get across the networks.
    UA Local 141

Quote Originally Posted by berg2666 View Post
    Is it a NAE or an ADS/X.

If it is the ADS then you need to go into one of the NAE under the ADS and pull the Lutron panle in through a bacnet integration in the NAE and then the panel will show up.

If it is a NAE, then you add a bacnet integration under the tree and discover the panel, if you know the IP address then enter it manually.

If it is across subnets the you need to make sure you have all the pertinent IP information in the NAE network tab including the IP, correct subnet mask and Gateway/router address to get across the networks.

Hello,

Good points - Do what berg2666 has mention, as I assumed that you had already done this?

Yes the UDP is set up to 47808. The BACnet ID's start at 1760000 and yes the ports are open. When I scan I pick up a lot of other devices already on our network. Yes I can ping the Quantum system. I have not set up the BBMD but will look into trying that, thanks. This is the first system i have had any trouble detecting and integrating in to our MSEA system.

You really need the Lutron guy there with you. They have to program their panel to expose bacnet. I spent several hours trying to bring in a Lutron panel only to discover they had not set up their panel. From what it sounds like the problem is on their end.
    You can easily judge the character of a man
    by how he treats those who can do nothing for him
    -James D. Miles

Quote Originally Posted by sundodger4 View Post
    Yes the UDP is set up to 47808. The BACnet ID's start at 1760000 and yes the ports are open. When I scan I pick up a lot of other devices already on our network. Yes I can ping the Quantum system. I have not set up the BBMD but will look into trying that, thanks. This is the first system i have had any trouble detecting and integrating in to our MSEA system.

Have you setup the BACnet in the site "click on the Advance bullet"?

If you've done this, then get into All Items - Expert mode and force the BBMD from that NAE to point to the Quantum system. If this fails, then you need to run Wireshark, which will allow you to see if the Quantum system is even responding to the MSEA request.

First look at Doug-e-Fresh !

Thanks but the Lutron guy was here and BACnet is exposed. I saw the Lutron devices once but then they went offline and I was not able to get them back again, they would no longer show up on the scan.

I wasn't involved in the final solution, but we had to use Kepware to integrate it into TAC Vista. Something about the BACNet Instance number being 'out of range' from memory. My understanding was that they were able to get a trial offer to test it prior to purchasing the software.
    "How it can be considered "Open" is beyond me. Calling it "voyeur-ed" would be more accurate." pka LeroyMac, SkyIsBlue, fka Freddy-B, Mongo, IndyBlue
    BIG Government = More Dependents
    "Any 'standard' would be great if it didn't get bastardised by corporate self interest." MatrixTransform
    http://threedevilskennel.com/ - not my website.
    Versatile Hunting Dog Federation - www.vhdf.org/

Can you ping the IP address of the panel???
    UA Local 141

Can you look at the NAE and get the revision of MSEA. How exactly did you bring the panel into the NAE?? Bacnet integration under the MSTP trunk or under the NAE in the tree..
    UA Local 141

Yes I can ping the panel.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast