Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

So who's using the the Testo....

....570 amp clamp accessory? Want to buy one but not sure the jaws are going to get in to the tight places.

Be cool if they did a video showing the 570 and some of the additional accessories and temp probes available.

So does any body have the amp clamp?

How much does that amp probe cost?

I can't think of a good reason to use my digital gauges to display amps??

I thought the accessories were more than a 550 the last time I checked.
    “If You Can Dodge A Wrench You Can Dodge A Ball”

$235. at TTT.

Advantage is you can read the amps simultaneously as well as reading the condenser air in. And with the WB and DB remote sensors reading are wi-fied to to your manifold from the furnace/AHU. And the printer records it all, hope I said that right.

Stll getting up to speed on the 570, rven has a sale to recover/weigh refer in or recover and the manifold cotrol the flow.

Jim bregman help me out here. Did I nail it right odo you need to clean it up.

Unless I'm mistaken the 570 has no wireless capabilities like you are posting about..... also the third input is on a separate screen all by itself so you can't see it simultaneously on the manifold either.

I have a 570 and think the way the third input is integrated into the instrument could have been done better. As it is, it's about only useful for documenting purposes. Well, I suppose that is one of the 570's strengths.

I don't think there is a scale accessory. The charging and emptying menus are again for documenting purposes, from my understanding. E.g. you can setup a customer and site/equipment details then the readings that you measure can be stored against that customer. The amount of refrigerant added or removed can be documented via the charging and emptying menus.

The information stored can be accessed via the PC software or it can be printed onsite with a Testo printer and included with a service report, etc. The 570 has 2GB of memory so it can store quite a lot of information.

As for the current probe, I wouldn't bother getting it unless you wanted to document the readings and access them later. I think a clamp meter would be far better for diagnostic purposes. The 570 is great but I wouldn't use it for checking the current on a compressor that wasn't starting properly, for example.

I think Clover is confused with the old generation of testo products which had more features.
    Did they stop producing them?

Quote Originally Posted by itsiceman View Post
    Unless I'm mistaken the 570 has no wireless capabilities like you are posting about..... also the third input is on a separate screen all by itself so you can't see it simultaneously on the manifold either.
    it has a wireless printer and the third probe has listing in the menu for the amp clamp, a comp oil temp tester.

570 is the top of the line Testo....what made you think it was not wireless? ............................you been smokin' Digi Cools lol?

Quote Originally Posted by malcor View Post
    I have a 570 and think the way the third input is integrated into the instrument could have been done better. As it is, it's about only useful for documenting purposes. Well, I suppose that is one of the 570's strengths.

I don't think there is a scale accessory. The charging and emptying menus are again for documenting purposes, from my understanding. E.g. you can setup a customer and site/equipment details then the readings that you measure can be stored against that customer. The amount of refrigerant added or removed can be documented via the charging and emptying menus.

The information stored can be accessed via the PC software or it can be printed onsite with a Testo printer and included with a service report, etc. The 570 has 2GB of memory so it can store quite a lot of information.

As for the current probe, I wouldn't bother getting it unless you wanted to document the readings and access them later. I think a clamp meter would be far better for diagnostic purposes. The 570 is great but I wouldn't use it for checking the current on a compressor that wasn't starting properly, for example.
    looking at TTT site there IS a Testo rfer scale ($465) that is compatible with the 570. I discussed this accessory at length with a Testo rep. It is definitely made to be used with the 570.

This one?

http://www.trutechtools.com/Testo-We...nts_p_619.html

There is no mention of the compatibility to the 570 anywhere.

Better talk to that testo rep again......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6SZKArN1b0

Quote Originally Posted by itsiceman View Post
    This one?

http://www.trutechtools.com/Testo-We...nts_p_619.html

There is no mention of the compatibility to the 570 anywhere.

Better talk to that testo rep again......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6SZKArN1b0
    your right....556 and 558 are the only ones mentioned...wonder if that info just needs up dating?

Quote Originally Posted by hvaclover View Post
    it has a wireless printer and the third probe has listing in the menu for the amp clamp, a comp oil temp tester.

570 is the top of the line Testo....what made you think it was not wireless? ............................you been smokin' Digi Cools lol?

I know this wasn't aimed at me, however, I just wanted to add that the wireless capabilities of the 570 are limited to IRDA (infrared) 1 meter Line-of-Sight. It was only intended to be used for transmitting data to the Testo IRDA printer. However, a wireless module could be plugged into an input of the 570 to provide it with a better wireless capability. I converted an old Arduino XBee project of mine to work with a 570 but the range was not so good when the signal had to pass through many obstacles.

looking at TTT site there IS a Testo rfer scale ($465) that is compatible with the 570. I discussed this accessory at length with a Testo rep. It is definitely made to be used with the 570.
    I checked my 570's menus and it doesn't appear to support a scale. It doesn't ask to plug a scale accessory into it, as it does for other accessories when a selected function requires one. The Testo sites in Australia, Germany and the USA don't mention a scale as an accessory either. However, I understand that it doesn't necessarily mean that one is not, or will not, be available. I don't doubt that you discussed the scale with a Testo rep, just find the lack of any public information curious.

The only measurement accessories for the 570 that are listed as being currently available are for temperature, current and oil pressure measurement.

It may sound as though I am being negative about the 570 but that’s not my intention. The 570 could be a better instrument, however, I am quite happy with the accuracy, reliability and usability of the 570. I like some aspects of the SMAN2 but I wouldn't go back to using one as my main gauges. Can't comment on the Digi Cools as I have never used one.

Clover I know you don't like hacks and splices but I've wondered if a simple amp clamp (under 50 bucks) from another manufacturer could be wired to the testo plug if you could figure the wiring. Would be interesting to know if it is reading a DC mV or AC mV signal. If so maybe you could use anything like a Fieldpiece accessory head with the 570 for viewing and data logging.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast