Novar OSA sensors

Does anyone know of a source of new, used or alternative OSA sensors for older logic one Novar Systems?

Novar used three types of OAT sensors. Depending on the vintage will determine the sensor you have. It will either be; digital, pulse, or 4-20mA. You can also check in ESS for the global input configuration to verify the type as well.

As for replacements, any local novar dealers will probably have one.

http://trend-americas.com/s/Pages/DealerFinder

Novar sensors OSA sensors proprietary

Quote Originally Posted by bradgreen80 View Post
    Novar used three types of OAT sensors. Depending on the vintage will determine the sensor you have. It will either be; digital, pulse, or 4-20mA. You can also check in ESS for the global input configuration to verify the type as well.

As for replacements, any local novar dealers will probably have one.

http://trend-americas.com/s/Pages/DealerFinder

Thanks for feedback, my information is that the OSA sensors for the logic one product line are proprietary. If you know of a third party sensor that will work as the global input on EP's, EC's and EP/2's I would like a link. I believe the EP/2 sensors are still availble but for the real old stuff it is not.

Control Man

Check with them http://www.buildingcontrolcenter.com/

Thanks I am giving them a try
    Last edited by Krustykola; 09-11-2012 at 09:00 AM. Reason: left out source

I don't know where to purchase them, but I work for Novar, so I can tell you the sensor range is -40 to 120 (4-20mA) and the digital sensor is just set to trip at 100 footcandles. The old pulse type sensors are no longer available, they were used for with the EP and EC. They were a very strange pulse rate, according to the people I spoke with in R&D that designed them. You can always use another sensor and a output transducer from Kele to convert the signal to the range you need. We have two dealers in the US that still sell parts for Logic One; Accu-Temp(Comfort Systems USA) and C&C Building Automation in CA. I hope this helps.

thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by bradgreen80 View Post
    I don't know where to purchase them, but I work for Novar, so I can tell you the sensor range is -40 to 120 (4-20mA) and the digital sensor is just set to trip at 100 footcandles. The old pulse type sensors are no longer available, they were used for with the EP and EC. They were a very strange pulse rate, according to the people I spoke with in R&D that designed them. You can always use another sensor and a output transducer from Kele to convert the signal to the range you need. We have two dealers in the US that still sell parts for Logic One; Accu-Temp(Comfort Systems USA) and C&C Building Automation in CA. I hope this helps.
    Thanks Brad,
    You are in the right part of the country to be in the inner circle! I will try your suggestion and put a 4-20 on it.
    Have a good day.