Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Michelle's Lies

Quote Originally Posted by classical View Post
    Brian I realize that an accountant can only do so much and yes I pay less because I own a business, I also invest my money and create jobs with that money. That is the reason that people that make more should be ale to pay a lower percentage.

No one in my family all Democrats create any jobs I do and have for years, I own commercial property and that also creates jobs. That is what people that do that have money and get tax breaks for doing so and we should.
    I think it is a stretch to say if you invest in the stocks market that you are helping creating jobs. Look at the inverse. If you give yourself credit for creating jobs when the company is growing would you also take reasonability for losing jobs if the company tanks? You invest in companies to make your money grow. Whatever that company does to make your money grow would be OK with you. Sometimes that would be consolidating (losing jobs).

I also own investment property but I would never say I provide living space for people that cannot afford to buy. They give me a fair market rent for the dwelling. Therefore I am giving them nothing. It is a fair trade. The same can be said for your commercial property. You aren’t creating or giving anything to them. You cannot give yourself credit for anything other than putting your money where it may grow.

Along the same lines I own a property with a cell tower on it. Can I say I provide cell coverage to my area? No, because I am paid for that tower.

Your business may create jobs, but your rental property and investments do not create jobs that you can take credit for, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    I think it is a stretch to say if you invest in the stocks market that you are helping creating jobs. Look at the inverse. If you give yourself credit for creating jobs when the company is growing would you also take reasonability for losing jobs if the company tanks? You invest in companies to make your money grow. Whatever that company does to make your money grow would be OK with you. Sometimes that would be consolidating (losing jobs).

I also own investment property but I would never say I provide living space for people that cannot afford to buy. They give me a fair market rent for the dwelling. Therefore I am giving them nothing. It is a fair trade. The same can be said for your commercial property. You aren’t creating or giving anything to them. You cannot give yourself credit for anything other than putting your money where it may grow.

Along the same lines I own a property with a cell tower on it. Can I say I provide cell coverage to my area? No, because I am paid for that tower.

Your business may create jobs, but your rental property and investments do not create jobs that you can take credit for, IMO.
    Very convoluted manner of thinking there Brian, if we you and I as well as others did not invest and just put that money in the bank or our mattress than there would be no growth. When we buy property or have property built that creates jobs.

There must be people to maintain the property, managers and management companies to oversee daily operation, We pay taxes on the property, the employees pay taxes they buy things which creates more jobs. We employee tax consultants / accountants, we pay insurance and a host of other ancillary jobs that sounds like jobs creation to me. In essence that is exactly what trickle down economics means and why under Reagan tax revenue soared.

I do not own much stock mostly in retirement funds and mutual funds, I prefer to have my money working and building the community. Mostly we buy older properties rehab them and make them viable again and that means jobs as well as profits.

Very convoluted manner of thinking there Brian, if we you and I as well as others did not invest and just put that money in the bank or our mattress than there would be no growth. When we buy property or have property built that creates jobs.

There must be people to maintain the property, managers and management companies to oversee daily operation, We pay taxes on the property, the employees pay taxes they buy things which creates more jobs. We employee tax consultants / accountants, we pay insurance and a host of other ancillary jobs that sounds like jobs creation to me. In essence that is exactly what trickle down economics means and why under Reagan tax revenue soared.

I do not own much stock mostly in retirement funds and mutual funds, I prefer to have my money working and building the community. Mostly we buy older properties rehab them and make them viable again and that means jobs as well as profits.
    We provide four walls or land for someone else to invest their money to create jobs. When it works out and flourishes they get the credit for the job growth, not us. It is their money on the line, not ours. When they fail we are not responsible for it either and just get another person in there that is willing to invest their money to “create jobs”. Viable businesses, capital investment and risk create jobs. Not the buildings where their desks reside.

Creating jobs is a distant byproduct of our main interest for owning that property, which is positive cash flow, equity growth and ROI.

Being a little obtuse EH Brian. If I buy an old run down apt. complex rehab it and hire people to run and maintain it that creates jobs, if I hire a management to run and maintain a strip center that creates jobs period it is still a capital investment and a considerable one. It certainly creates more jobs hence tax revenue than buying stocks or just letting money sit in the bank.

Gess I will go out and not ceate another job and buy a new truck, Ford of course maye eve a new boat.

Being a little obtuse EH Brian. If I buy an old run down apt. complex rehab it and hire people to run and maintain it that creates jobs, if I hire a management to run and maintain a strip center that creates jobs period it is still a capital investment and a considerable one. It certainly creates more jobs hence tax revenue than buying stocks or just letting money sit in the bank.
    You are correct. Hiring a management company to run one of YOUR properties is creating jobs. However, buying a Ford or a Harley does not give you credit for “creating jobs”. It gives you credit for stimulating the economy. And, providing four walls for a business to operate is not "creating jobs" either.

This business about “creating job” is how the Republicans want us to think about the rich, and why they shouldn’t pay taxes at the rate we do. Well there are a lot of average guys out there making a measly couple hundred thousand a year that actually hire and employ people. They also “create jobs” but pay much more in taxes than the rich. Where is their umbrella?

As I said before, buying a Ford is not creating a job any more than many of the rich who hide behind that title. Much of what the rich do is stimulate the economy just like we do.

Hiring a management company to run one of YOUR properties is creating jobs.
    I take that back. If the management company you use to run that property is already in business, and the groundskeepers, painters etc are also already in business, you didn’t “create” a single job. You ‘stimulated the economy’ just like the rest of us.

“Creating a job” is personally employing a man who was previously sitting on the couch.

EVERYONE wins when the economy grows.

I think splitting hairs for the sake of winning the argument detracts from the argument... which is BTW human nature... AND IMO is the problem with this election. We are more interested in who wins the argument than in solving the problem.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Galatians 2:20-21; Colossians 1: 21-22 & 26-27; 3:1-4; Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service.

I take that back. If the management company you use to run that property is already in business, and the groundskeepers, painters etc are also already in business, you didn’t “create” a single job. You ‘stimulated the economy’ just like the rest of us.

“Creating a job” is personally employing a man who was previously sitting on the couch.
    But if without your building he will be sitting on the couch at least part time, is it not creating a job?
    Don't worry zombies are looking for brains, you're safe...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234