Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Name that year

Simple to work on...aint nothing to em.
    To put the world in order, we must first put the nation in order; to put the nation in order, we must put the family in order; to put the family in order, we must cultivate our personal life; and to cultivate our personal life, we must first set our hearts right.
    -- Confucius

I see em a lot here in nj. Converted to gas. I did see one that was still coal in an old lady's house a few years back though.

Saw a few of those denver co, gravity systems, recommended replacement but the people seemed to like them a lot. I agree that this one is a wall of pride pic except for efficiency.

That is the cleanest one I have ever seen! Think about it, this thing has been running for close to 100 years! I think it belongs on the WOP. Kind of sad to see them go.... I'm bidding to tear out another gravity boiler right now, but it doesn't look like that.
    I r the king of the world!...or at least I get to stand on the roof and look down on the rest of yall

Quote Originally Posted by Wheelbaron View Post
    That is the cleanest one I have ever seen! Think about it, this thing has been running for close to 100 years! I think it belongs on the WOP. Kind of sad to see them go.... I'm bidding to tear out another gravity boiler right now, but it doesn't look like that.
    Believe it or not there's anouther in same room that looks just as clean ingot a pic of it if you guys want to see it... only reason its in shame section is the age and needs replaced
    Who the hell put this return in the bathroom.

Its the tin man's great grandfather.

The Octopus

My Grandmother had one of these. It was coal that was converted to oil also. Works well, but very inefficient. I have replaced a couple of them in my days. If you do replace one, remember the top portion where the "tentacles" of the "octopus" are connected contains asbestos
    Jason the Mushroom

Last one of these that I saw said 1919 on the front door and was converted from sawdust to oil before we took it out and put in a new gas furnace.
    Check out my YouTube channel - http://www.youtube.com/user/skyheating1 We have customer testimonials, product reviews and more!
    Like us on FACEBOOK if you like our advice here!

Sometimes the top is full of SAND!

we have one down the street from us. still going strong. and actually, the old woman was only paying 80 bucks a month for gas.....while I was paying 180!! and it was like 90* in there in the dead of winter.LOL!!

Quote Originally Posted by 71CHOPS View Post
    we have one down the street from us. still going strong. and actually, the old woman was only paying 80 bucks a month for gas.....while I was paying 180!! and it was like 90* in there in the dead of winter.LOL!!
    That old woman was prolly on a budget plan where she pays $80/month year round instead of getting hammered in the winter, most old folks are.

But talk about HEAT! The only thing close to that I see now is an old low-boy that my friends parents wont let me replace cause they know the high effeciencies wont heat the same, they'll die with it.

AAAAAnnnnddd who can guess why those companies went out of business????

oh yeah, I'm sure she was on a budget.....but i bet that budget was still cheaper than what mine would be!!LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Workin4TheMan View Post
    AAAAnnnnddd who can guess why those companies went out of business????
    Their product was too good? No repeat customers....
    Philippians 4:13
    I can do all things in him that strengthen me.
    Apostle Paul inspired by GOD.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast