Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I am bidding a Rheem split system against a competitor that is using Designstar. The house is 3000sf with half the house being basement of 1500sf. We are in Colorado at 7000ft, with humidity in the low 20s. We usually don't count the basement because it doesn't add much of a load. He shows the main level at needing a four ton system. I keep telling the owner that that is way to big
    here! The Regional Bldg department only takes Wrightsoft and one other for serious designs in my area.

Anyone have any recomendations on a good/accurate manual J program that will run on an ipad 4?

regional building dept? where are you?

In my opinion I think they pretty mutch have to take any ACCA approved software (I think there are 5 now)

Elite and wrightsoft are both solid for anything you want to do.

there is a lot of buzz about aditek/ Accuload as being very fast but I get some indication that it might skip some of the finer points of load calcs. Personally, I give zero points for speed and everything towards accurate results. sloppy costs money and ticks people off!

PS- at that altitude you really need to watch your combustion on every system. I hope you are well trained in combustion analysis.
    What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us.

Two pressures, four temperatures = SUCCESS!

Boulder Heating Contractor

For Consumers:

For HVACR Professionals:

darctangent, I am in Colo Spgs. I ended up getting the Wrightsoft, Wright-J Mobil, and will graduate to the Wright-Suite Universal in

a month or so. We usually end up setting the gas pressure between 3.0 and 3.5, keeping in mind the temp rise. What are you finding

in Boulder?

That is one busy uncle

Quote Originally Posted by kangaroogod View Post
    That is one busy uncle
    ROFLLLLL!!! Sorry Kangaroo, my uncle left me hanging! I got him all the info and I helped him get setup. ( what way to show appreciation from his side) He told me he would give me his login to check it out and he just didnt do it in the end. I asked a few other times and since he didnt give me any lift... I just left it alone. But since you brought this back up. I am going to go and try to open a account with gemaire and then I should be able to access RheemStar program as the lady I spoke to who helps get the program only requires we have an account with them. I just wonder if my EPA maybe enough to open just a basic cash account or my certificates from school. I will find out tomorrow and keep you posted.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12