Help with duct smoke detector

I need help wiring in a d4120 smoke detector what wire goes to what I know 9 and 10 are my 24v but then what not using anything else but a shut down so red into 9 and red out of 10 to thermostat?

Is this being used on a RTU or AHU to ONLY shut the blower off?

I usually break the 24v off the transformer to kill the entire unit unless the unit has a smoke detector set of contacts on it.

#9 and #10 get 24v

#6 and #16 would be your 24v hot from the units transformer or the aux. set of wires from the main board designated for a duct smoke head.

It would help if you could post the model and make of the unit you are installing it in.
    UA LU189

10mm, because it's better than .45acp

Quote Originally Posted by zw17 View Post
    Is this being used on a RTU or AHU to ONLY shut the blower off?

I usually break the 24v off the transformer to kill the entire unit unless the unit has a smoke detector set of contacts on it.

#9 and #10 get 24v

#6 and #16 would be your 24v hot from the units transformer or the aux. set of wires from the main board designated for a duct smoke head.

It would help if you could post the model and make of the unit you are installing it in.
    Thanks that what im going to ended up doing been a long while since i had to wire one up. do i need to run a common for the 10? or can i just wire a 24 from the trans then jump to NC 16 come out of 6 to the tstat?

no you must run common to #10 and 24v hot to #9. you can get away with using 3 wires. 24v common to #10, 24v hot from transformer to #9 then jumper #6 and #9 and then hook #16 up to the wire that was coming off the transformer 24v hot (switched hot)

The old school rule of breaking the red to the thermostat won't fly anymore (at least in my neck of the woods) as in most cases the control boards are still powered and fire marshalls and most inspectors won't approve it

Quote Originally Posted by superfittertech View Post
    no you must run common to #10 and 24v hot to #9. you can get away with using 3 wires. 24v common to #10, 24v hot from transformer to #9 then jumper #6 and #9 and then hook #16 up to the wire that was coming off the transformer 24v hot (switched hot)

The old school rule of breaking the red to the thermostat won't fly anymore (at least in my neck of the woods) as in most cases the control boards are still powered and fire marshalls and most inspectors won't approve it
    Can't break red here either. In most cars the blower continues to run. Breaking at the transformer is ok ish. But most newer units have terminals on the board dedicated for smoke detectors

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using Tapatalk 2

This is a trane tch180f300