trane vav cntrlr replacement

Hi everyone. One of my customers has trane equipment and I need to replace a VAV controller.

I have VariTrane D 600 vav and I was given a BRD03564 module to replace. I have no specialized software other than the Tracer Summit front end. Can I replace the module and commission it from the front end?

yes, although I have seen the board that superseded the one you have loose its config when programmed from Summit. maybe that's no longer an issue

I assumed the board was pre-configured from Trane...

Can anyone give me an idea of whereabouts in the Summit software I should go to commision the new controller? I know how to set up the controller properties, but not sure what needs to be done when I actually replace a controller.

If you're viewing the controller status, right click and select 'ucm edit'. That'll give you access to setpoints, max/min, etc.
    "There is no greater inequality than the equal treatment of unequals."

-Thomas Jefferson

I did see that, but I dont know if the thing needs commissioned or not....how do I do that?

I realize that sounds a bit stupid. If I'm replacing controllers, they are usually HW parts that I have training on. Normally, the depth to which I have to navigate the Tracer Summit software ends with simple schedule changes. In this instance, I need to replace a VAV controller and the only tool I have is the front end. My questions are: Do I have the tool necessary to replace the controller and if so, may I ask for some guidance?

Gents, I appreciate your help thus far, even though my thread is located in the wrong forum. I think whats throwing me off here is that the replacement board I have has no indication of a node id number or anything of the sorts, which is why I ask if it needs to be commissioned.

My guess would be that you have a UCM 4.2, I'm not entirely sure by the p/n you supplied. In any case you will most likely need the Trane Rover or Everyware software to configure. I don't think you can set up the controller from the front end.
    Still learning....

Jim -
    The HW VAV is LON and needs to be commission it. Trane has two VAVs - Comm4 and the VV550/55 (LON). Sounds like you have a comm4 which uses dip switches to set its address. Tracer Summit doesn't need to commission this style of box, only LON devices. If your talking to it, its commissioned.

Just adjust its configuration and calibrate. Check the other boxes, they may have a point in the override tab that is schedules it for calibration.

Hope this helps.
    Anyone who says this trade is easy, aint doing it right!

If you want to hear God laugh, tell him your plans.

Proud member of the United Association.

I did see the calibration schedule. This is exactly what I wanted to know. Thank you very, very much!

Trane VAV Board

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyJim View Post
    I did see the calibration schedule. This is exactly what I wanted to know. Thank you very, very much!
    Just replaced same board. Trane did set it up in rover but when i looked in <edit ucm > setup they had it as Varitrane c not varitrane D 2400. Or prop. HW with thumbwheel disabled. I corrected it in the Front end software/recal. good to go. of course you would need to be a high security user to access that screen.

JP
    like it love it live it