Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    The most underrated musician in this universe is........me!
    If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what will never be. (Thomas Jefferson 1816)

Quote Originally Posted by wolfstrike View Post
    MUSIC TODAY IS CRAP!

these dance music stars aren't even good looking anymore.
    the industry is selecting people at random, whipping up music on the computer, then having them record half-ass lyrics over them

i swear, if they gave me the computer and the drum machine i could write better songs.

enough with the rap already!
    there hasn't been a good rap song in 12 years.

back in the 80's, even the crap i didn't like was good.

they're not even trying anymore.
    apparently they're making millions on any piece of junk they produce.

where's the great music? ...like Slayer ...or Misfits?
    I bet you and I would get along great. I can tell you where some of it is....on satelite radio. I used to carry cds, now I have an MP3 player with favorites, and satelite radio. Sure, I have to pay for it, but I spend hours in my van every week, so it is well worth it.

I could not tell you a single new band or song, I didn't even know who Justin Beaver was until one of my kids was razzing another one about him/her, etc. I live in the glory days, LOL.

I remember when I was a little kid (in the 60's) hearing my Grampa say "the best music these days is on TV commercials". Now I often find myself watching TV commercials with background music from the 60's and 70's, and I'm thinking "the best music these days is on TV commercials".

I personally am a fan of songs with lyrics I can understand. It goes in cycles, but there's been a good number of artists lately that make good music. Plenty of crap to go around in all decades based on current tastes at that time. But the msot gifted artists and musicians, seem to stand the test of time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12