Hello All. I am seeking help on a HRV vs ERV for a whole home remodel. I have gotten recommendations for both...so I am confused and looking for additional insight.
Location: Prior Lake, MN
Home: walk out rambler (~1,550 sq ft down and up with 9' ceilings down and 12 ft. up)
Carbon Units: 3 people
Equipment installed in 2006:
- Down: American Standard Comfort R 60,000BTU, Aprilaire 2400 media, Honeywell UV100E, and Aprilaire 600 humidifier (including outside temp control) controlled with a Honeywell Pro 6000.
- Up: American Standard Comfort R 80,000BTU, Aprilaire 2400 media filter, and Honeywell UV100E controlled with a Honeywell Vision Pro 8000.
- AC: American Standard 14 SEER 2 1/2 ton with ducting up and down.
Remodel Changes Occurring Now:
- basically wood floors throughout
- Andersen 400 windows
- closed cell foam on entire shell (6" studs down, 4" up and above the ceiling) with remaining attic getting an additional 38R
- changing out a standard 50 gallon water heater to a powered direct vent unit
- 6 burner gas stove top with a 300 CFM vent hood
1) Do you recommend an HRV or an ERV? Size?
2) Would you integrate the controls with the Vision Pro 8000 - assuming you can? If not, should I get a new controller?
3) Do I need make up air given the tightness of the house?
4) Anything else I should consider to provide a high quality home environment?