MikeJ
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: MikeJ

You have made a mistake in assumming that I do not share the same opinion as you of the clip. I found it distasteful and a pretty sad, disgusting thing, that is my opinion. About the only thing I can think of that is more disgusting is for somone to impose thier OPINIONS on another through censorship.

The post does not violate the rules posted for the site, no one has to view it, and to suggest it be removed (and somone stated the poster should be punished) is trying to impose thier OPINION, not the guidlines set forth by the administration.

If you were to make such a video, some would say you were a jackass for doing so, some might not. I find it very hard to support allowing them to call you a jackass if I can not allow you to be one.

As you can tell, by this being a new post instead of a response, they already censored it. I cut out your post, the above thre paragraphs were my response to it. If you reflect on it a bit, what gets censored next? There are a LOT more distasteful post on this site than what was removed in a lot of folks opinions.

I dont get it!

I removed it after viewing the link and reviewing the posts to the thread. I've forwarded an email to the rest of the moderators regarding the post.

This is America, and this is a talk site. However, we do reserve the right to take out the trash.
    Perhaps you should have read the instructions before calling.

Originally posted by jrbenny
    I removed it after viewing the link and reviewing the posts to the thread. I've forwarded an email to the rest of the moderators regarding the post.

This is America, and this is a talk site. However, we do reserve the right to take out the trash.
    While I agree the clip was trash, it did not violate any of the rules and you imposed your opinion on everyone else.

When did JR become the thought police. Go home commie.

FYI, something to think about...

How many people who are screaming about how disgusting that clip was were also riding the high horse and cursing Steve when he fed the croc while holding baby Bob?

The database has been cleaned up and those old threads are not availible anymore but there sure were a lot of folks here who were calling for Steve's head on a platter saying the kids should be taken from him etc.

Mob mentality, that is all it is, mob mentality.

This is a privately owned site. I have sent an email to the site owners and the other moderators regarding the thread in question.

Thought police? No. Following my instincts based upon the responses of others to the thread? Yes.

Feel free to read rule #5 in my sig line. Enough said.

I've got kids to enjoy today.
    Perhaps you should have read the instructions before calling.

LOL

Detrimental to the site?..... LMGDAO

I will back up jrbenny on the removal of the thread. This site is privately owned and is not a democracy. Moderating is a tougher job than you guys think.

To some that link may have been funny, but it really was not in good taste.

It most certianly was distasteful in you and my OPINION.

Why try and hide the point that it was censorship and pretend it was a violation of rule 5? I mean holy crap, dannyx's post bashing one of the forums members not only was detrimental to the site, it was a CLEAR violation of rules 1 and 5 but it remains!

Why don't you guys quit pretending you are "protecting the site" and just admit that you deleted it because you did not like it.

At least Don always had the gonads to do that without regard! You guys want to sit and pretend you are doing something else without admitting it for what it is and, well it is just weak.

I too agree with JR's decision to remove it. So, that makes it our decision that we are imposing on the site.

I didn't care much for the crock and baby story as millions around the world imposed their decision against what he did. The clip was about his death not what could have happened. There are many other places on the web to view it but it will not be shown here out of respect to him and his family.

Yeah it is news, world news, as he was a world player and had most of his earning paid to programs and charities to help preserve wildlife.

This is not about how hard the Mods job is or that we may influence what is posted here. Someone has to do it and we too are monitored. If we are overruled then so be it but until then, no clip.

lol

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast