+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 30 HXC not Starting

Post Likes

30 HXC not Starting

Good day all,

I am struggling with a Carrier 30 HXC chiller using the Carrier Comfort Network. Compressor A is not starting but compressor B is starting and running fine. There is no available trips. I also disabled compressor B and then waited to see if compressor A will start but A does not come online. The communication seems fine and there is no trips or alarms showing.
    Please help.

Post Likes
    What's your load factor? How did you disable B?

Post Likes
    Hi Dallas, I disabled B by removing the plug on the on the discharge pressure transducer. This inhibits B from starting.
    Can you please explain what you mean with the load factor?

Post Likes
    My guess is that A is disabled in the service menu. Don't worry about the load factor at this time. Hmmm why would it be disabled?????

Post Likes
    Is this something that I can enable, I havent found anything in the menu that will disable or enable one compressor?

Post Likes
    Yep you can find that info in the service manual.

Post Likes
    First check to see if B comp. is programmed to be the lead compressor. If it is then A compressor will not come on until B has reached full load. Also see if in the configuration that you dont have a load limit. This will lock out a compressor even if the set points are not reached. Try putting the machine in test to activate both comps. I dont think your CCn is a factor from what youve said

Post Likes
    Hi Chris, I have swapped from circuit B to circuit A and vice versa but still no change. As for the load limit is this the current limit you are refering to?

Post Likes
    The load limit refers to how many comps or how much you allow the chiller to load up. Comp A may be configured not to run. What are your LEDs on the comp protection module reading. (red flashing yellow on green flashing ext..) Also have youy tried running the unit in test. Make sure your local swicth is in the OFF position.

Post Likes
    If this is a Comfortlink panel,,, look in configuration and go to service menu. In that menu look for Compressor A1 enable. Is that compressor enabled or disabled. If your not getting alarms or alerts and the compressor is enabled. Get out the service manual and start at the beginning in configs and check all settings. I agree with Dallas Duster, it appears most likely the compressor is disabled. It would help if we knew what version we are dealing with. Provide the full model number.

Post Likes
    I guess I should have asked him what the oil pressure is for circuit A?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Dallas Duster View Post
    I guess I should have asked him what the oil pressure is for circuit A?
    If that was a problem it would have alarmed a pre oil or low oil flow. Sounds like a compressor is disabled to me as you said earlier.

...Ron
    Roof Rat

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by rscamaro View Post
    If that was a problem it would have alarmed a pre oil or low oil flow. Sounds like a compressor is disabled to me as you said earlier.

...Ron
    Exactly why I was wanting to know what the oil pressure is.

I would also want to know what the discharge gas thermistor is reading for the effected compressor..

Post Likes
    The full model is 30HXC140-A0427-PEE with Pro Dialog Plus

Post Likes
    I have been through the manual now a couple of times but I cannot find anything that will disable or enable one of the compressors at a time. If someone can direct me to this parameter I will appreciate it.

Post Likes
    What modes are displayed under the i menu?

What is the control point?

What are pressures and temps of circuit A according to the PD plus?

What is the circuit load sequence?

Plus a log of circuit B may help converted to US.

What is the position of the oil level input ,high or low?
    Last edited by Dallas Duster; 09-03-2012 at 02:30 PM. Reason: added oil

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Offshorefool View Post
    I have been through the manual now a couple of times but I cannot find anything that will disable or enable one of the compressors at a time. If someone can direct me to this parameter I will appreciate it.
    Ccs posted this earlier
    If this is a Comfortlink panel,,, look in configuration and go to service menu. In that menu look for Compressor A1 enable. Is that compressor enabled or disabled. If your not getting alarms or alerts and the compressor is enabled. Get out the service manual and start at the beginning in configs and check all settings. I agree with Dallas Duster, it appears most likely the compressor is disabled. It would help if we knew what version we are dealing with. Provide the full model number.

Here is ur answer

Post Likes
    The model number is 30HXC140-A0427-PEE with Pro Dialog Plus Software version 5.3

Post Likes
    Dallas Duster, Under active modes in the i menu there is nothing at the 1st parameter, it only starts from the 2nd parameter.
    The pressure for A is High = 317 and Low is 165
    The oil level input is high and the oil diff press is 13 kpa for comp A and 20 kpa for B
    In my manual I do not have the paramer legend for the service menu, I copied the parameters on a paper and compared them with another chiller that is in good running condition and it is the same.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Offshorefool View Post
    Dallas Duster, Under active modes in the i menu there is nothing at the 1st parameter, it only starts from the 2nd parameter.
    The pressure for A is High = 317 and Low is 165
    The oil level input is high and the oil diff press is 13 kpa for comp A and 20 kpa for B
    In my manual I do not have the paramer legend for the service menu, I copied the parameters on a paper and compared them with another chiller that is in good running condition and it is the same.
    What is your fluid set point?

And those pressures are on cir A not running right?

What is your brine freeze point?
    Last edited by Dallas Duster; 09-03-2012 at 10:28 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in