Fan Control Replacement

Can I replace a Product Unliminted (now Tyco) fan control center (57-01V18BCE003) which has two components: [Transformer (4000-01V18G100B) and Relay (9400-04Q103R)] with White Rodgers 90-113?

Appreciate any help you can provide.

Bob
    Last edited by beenthere; 09-02-2012 at 08:56 PM. Reason: removed pic with price

only if you know what you are doing
    It`s better to be silent and thought the fool; than speak and remove all doubt.

Just need to know if these parts are interchangable. Can I assume from your response they are?

If you don't know don't play with it get a qualified tech to do the job

Those hardwired fan centers can be difficult to wire up. Get a wire wrong and you could blow the transformer, relay or worse...
    Replacing the fan center may not even resolve the problem you are having with your unit.

54regcab, understood. The a/c and heater comes on but not the fan. As Murphy would have it this happened on a holiday weekend. The service man diagnosed it as a problem on the Fan Control Board.

My system is a 1997 UniCell system which is longer made and he can't find replacement parts, esp on the holiday. I took the part #s down and found some replacement parts and made this post to try and confirm they're interchangeable. I expect his diagnosis is right too because the thermostat and blower fan were replaced 3 yrs ago and the fan timer control was replaced last year. The fan Control Center and startup capacitor are basically all that haven't been replaced. He tested/bypassed the thermostat and it's ok. The transformer wires (C, G, R, W, Y) are all in place so moving them to the new transformer shouldn't be an issue if it's done one terminal at a time. He's doing the work but I'm trying to help out and keep tabs on it too. Don't want to be charged $ for a $ part.

As you can see this system has been a real problem the last few years but I'm in no position to replace it now. The main component blower and a/c are fine and hopefully these newer parts will get me by for another year or two.

Believe he said it was a relay problem which can be replaced for $ but the whole Honeywell Fan Control which includes the relay and transformer is only $ so I thought that'd be the best bet.
    Last edited by beenthere; 09-03-2012 at 06:28 PM. Reason: prices

Quote Originally Posted by Bob_V View Post
    54regcab, understood. The a/c and heater comes on but not the fan. As Murphy would have it this happened on a holiday weekend. The service man diagnosed it as a problem on the Fan Control Board.

My system is a 1997 UniCell system which is longer made and he can't find replacement parts, esp on the holiday. I took the part #s down and found some replacement parts and made this post to try and confirm they're interchangeable. I expect his diagnosis is right too because the thermostat and blower fan were replaced 3 yrs ago and the fan timer control was replaced last year. The fan Control Center and startup capacitor are basically all that haven't been replaced. He tested/bypassed the thermostat and it's ok. The transformer wires (C, G, R, W, Y) are all in place so moving them to the new transformer shouldn't be an issue if it's done one terminal at a time. He's doing the work but I'm trying to help out and keep tabs on it too. Don't want to be charged $ for a $ part.

As you can see this system has been a real problem the last few years but I'm in no position to replace it now. The main component blower and a/c are fine and hopefully these newer parts will get me by for another year or two.

Believe he said it was a relay problem which can be replaced for $ but the whole Honeywell Fan Control which includes the relay and transformer is only $ so I thought that'd be the best bet.
    It's not necessarily the cost of the part that you are paying for when a service tech changes a part it's the knowledge of the tech to correctly diagnose and install the part
    Last edited by beenthere; 09-03-2012 at 06:29 PM. Reason: prices in quote

Prices are not allowed.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?