Online applications

Does anybody else think it was a lot better when you could walk in somewhere anywhere for that matter and apply for a job. Be it a hvac shop or your local home depot. There is no face to face anymore. It really stresses the importance of a good looking resume.

I agree, you try to apply for a job in the trades, maybe I'm speaking for myself but I'm not good at pencil pushing crap but to even get a face to face you have to make this elaborate resume detailing this and that. Every job I have got was a face to face tell them what I can do, I fix and install stuff not make resumes and stuff. Sorry for the rant but it pisses me off too

This is the computer / security day and age, so there is no face to face anywhere anymore (even restaurants) before they can check you out.

I just got my new job over the net, there was no face to face time until they were ready to hire, and even then the face to face time was quick. I have to be honest and say I did not think I got the job because how fast the interview was, and then they needed more information about me.
    The opinions expressed by me are not that of my employer.

insulation modern marvels
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g37riSkyZzM

I agree, but those days are far and gone and I literally see ice cream stands asking for resumes. If your looking for a new job your definitely gonna need it. My advice if your not good at pencil pushing, is to hire a professional. It would be worth the investment.

Quote Originally Posted by Bernie74 View Post
    I agree, but those days are far and gone and I literally see ice cream stands asking for resumes. If your looking for a new job your definitely gonna need it. My advice if your not good at pencil pushing, is to hire a professional. It would be worth the investment.
    I think that's what it boils down to now days, it's frustrating when you know you would be great at a job but you have to rely on your resume getting someones attention in a few words before they toss it in the garbage.