Page 9 of 31 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151619 ... LastLast
Results 105 to 117 of 391
  1. #105
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    2,265
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh B View Post
    Yeah, voter ID suppresses voting like requiring a drivers license suppresses driving.
    Bad anology

    If you can't get out to get the now changed requirement for ID to vote then it does suppress that individual from voting even though they can vote legally.

    Once again refer to this on actual voter fraud numbers here in the US

    http://www.truthaboutfraud.org/pdf/T...VoterFraud.pdf

    Refer to page 23 and 26.

    The actual percentage of voter fraud is .0004% in this country.

    You can not provide any statistics that back up your claim that it is a substantial problem occurring in US elections.

    There is no need to change the system or at least no evidence that any of you have provided to back up your claim that there is a problem so you must have another reason for wanting the change.

    The real reason.

    That you want to suppress minority, student, and elderly voters from casting their votes against your party.

    I ask again: Show us the evidence and proof of this massive voter fraud you contend is going on and why only now it has become an issue and I will happily change my mind.

  2. #106
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Anderson, South Carolina, United States
    Posts
    7,772
    Quote Originally Posted by mcjo tech View Post
    Bad anology

    If you can't get out to get the now changed requirement for ID to vote then it does suppress that individual from voting even though they can vote legally.

    Once again refer to this on actual voter fraud numbers here in the US

    http://www.truthaboutfraud.org/pdf/T...VoterFraud.pdf

    Refer to page 23 and 26.

    The actual percentage of voter fraud is .0004% in this country.

    You can not provide any statistics that back up your claim that it is a substantial problem occurring in US elections.

    There is no need to change the system or at least no evidence that any of you have provided to back up your claim that there is a problem so you must have another reason for wanting the change.

    The real reason.

    That you want to suppress minority, student, and elderly voters from casting their votes against your party.

    I ask again: Show us the evidence and proof of this massive voter fraud you contend is going on and why only now it has become an issue and I will happily change my mind.
    I don't understand how this would suppress the student, minority, and elderly votes. Who doesn't have some sort of ID

  3. #107
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    2,265
    Quote Originally Posted by jtrammel View Post
    I don't understand how this would suppress the student, minority, and elderly votes. Who doesn't have some sort of ID
    I explained why it can suppress voters in the first sentence.

    And I don't understand why you all want it changed if you can provide no proof that it is a substantial problem.

    Can you provide us with the proof of substantial voter fraud that you want to stop by changing voter ID laws that I have asked for?

    Please explain to us why if there is no substantial voter fraud then why you want the voter ID laws changed.

    Just cause? Why? Why Now?

    Again the potential for voter fraud is not actual voter fraud and you have no evidence that proves otherwise.

  4. #108
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,981
    Quote Originally Posted by netsalt View Post
    Why has this suddenly become an issue? Has voter fraud increased since 2000/2004/2008? I contend this is a solution that is searching for a problem.

    Politics pure and simple. The people proposing these laws are using this issue to draw attention away from the fact that they cannot or will not deal with more pressing issues.
    This is not suddenly an issue at all. Voter fraud is as old as voting is. It just so happens that the Democratic Party has started utilizing illegal and unethical methods for getting what they want in the vein of how the Democratic Party operated with their Tammany Hall political machine. Why else would Democrats claim that by closing a loophole that allows for voter fraud to occur, it hurts only the Democrats? Voting is a right of all Americans, but there needs to be some control that only living Americans can cast a vote and that Americans who vote only vote once for each issue.

    Without having to show something proving who we are when we vote, what is to prevent the millions of illegal immigrants in the U.S. from voting for politicians who are promising to help these criminals become legal citizens? Without being required to prove who we are, what is to prevent us from voting for ourselves and for those who are dead but still on the voter registration lists?

    What is the problem with Americans proving who they are and that they actually are Americans? Here is what can happen; <iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/P5p70Yb...layer_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  5. #109
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,981
    Quote Originally Posted by mcjo tech View Post
    Done arguing with you.

    I remember your claim about a brokered convention. Did not happen.

    You just keep going on and on until someone just gives up discussing anything with you.

    You consider that winning the debate but it is not.

    Its simply that we all could actually care less what your opinion is. Anyone who reads enough of your posts knows you believe you are never wrong on any subject.

    So really discussing anything with you is never going to accomplish anything as you only really love to hear yourself type.

    Just like your brokered convention which did not happen Mitty is not going to win the election.

    So you conservlicans needed to somehow find a way to make it close.

    Voter suppression is their way of doing it and saying that you are all about cutting voter fraud is just a smoke screen to hide your real agenda.

    Twist words, dodge, dance around anyway you want, but your true agenda is clear for all to see on this issue.

    And professing othewise just hurts your credibility.
    And so you still do not do what you say you are going to do.....


    And, you keep making up stuff that you cannot show any support for, ie; what brokered convention are you talking about? I don't ever recall ever having even come across something called a brokered convention. What convention?
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  6. #110
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,981
    Quote Originally Posted by jtrammel View Post
    Actually he is a moron because anyone who thinks socialism/communism works is obviously a moron
    OK, you got me on this one. We still have to be on our guard because there are a lot of morons who don't even realize that Obama is a Socialist.

    The ones that crack me up are my fellow Pennsyltuckians who vote Democrat only because they belong to a union and their union bosses tell them to vote Democrat to save their union jobs. These same union workers are also hunters who don't realize that the Democrats want to take away their guns and bad mouth them for being scared Christians who are holding on to their guns out of pure fear of government.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  7. #111
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    2,265
    Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    And so you still do not do what you say you are going to do.....


    And, you keep making up stuff that you cannot show any support for, ie; what brokered convention are you talking about? I don't ever recall ever having even come across something called a brokered convention. What convention?
    Lame

    You thought that Mitty would not get the votes necessary to be nominated. Perhaps I used the wrong term but you predicted that the Repub convention would need to choose a candidate since no one would get enough votes to be nominated.

    It was around the time you were still supporting Herman Cain.



    REMEMBER?

    Show us the proof that you have that substantial voter fraud is occurring to support your position of changes needed to voter ID laws.

    I'm waiting.

  8. #112
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    2,327
    According to mcjo, an honest election (proving you are elgible to vote) is the same as voter suppression. Go figure!! The fact that ACORN has been caught redhanded creating false voters is evidence enough that illegal voting is a real concern. Dead people have been voting for years but now the potential for abuse in voting is still worse. Now we also have illigal aliens flooding the country. Wonder why the democrats are so in love with illegal aliens and don't want voter ID? Putting those together is a no brainer. One would think that all honest folks would be in favor of closing up illegal voting loop holes. That is, unless one is in favor of illegal voting.

  9. #113
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,981
    Quote Originally Posted by mcjo tech View Post
    That you want to suppress minority, student, and elderly voters from casting their votes against your party.

    I ask again: Show us the evidence and proof of this massive voter fraud you contend is going on and why only now it has become an issue and I will happily change my mind.
    You keep chanting this same tune, but you still have shown nothing to support your claim that minorities are not as good as other Americans, that students have nothing to identify who they are as students or that our elderly suddenly become incapable of being able to prove who they are at some unmentioned age.

    No one is claiming massive voter fraud overall. There is however potential for voter fraud, and if that isn't enough for you to happily change your mind, then you must be supporting there be potential for voter fraud.

    Are you for or against the potential for voter fraud? That's what this comes down to.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  10. #114
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,981
    Quote Originally Posted by jtrammel View Post
    I don't understand how this would suppress the student, minority, and elderly votes. Who doesn't have some sort of ID
    No one can understand how this suppresses any American voter because it is a complete fabrication of leftists who are afraid of losing their ability to have voter fraud give Democrats more votes.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  11. #115
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,981
    Quote Originally Posted by mcjo tech View Post
    I explained why it can suppress voters in the first sentence.

    And I don't understand why you all want it changed if you can provide no proof that it is a substantial problem.

    Can you provide us with the proof of substantial voter fraud that you want to stop by changing voter ID laws that I have asked for?

    Please explain to us why if there is no substantial voter fraud then why you want the voter ID laws changed.

    Just cause? Why? Why Now?

    Again the potential for voter fraud is not actual voter fraud and you have no evidence that proves otherwise.
    You have never explained anything. You just keep making unsubstantiated claims that you refuse to explain.

    Are you for or against the potential for voter fraud?
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  12. #116
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,981
    Quote Originally Posted by mcjo tech View Post
    Lame

    You thought that Mitty would not get the votes necessary to be nominated. Perhaps I used the wrong term but you predicted that the Repub convention would need to choose a candidate since no one would get enough votes to be nominated.

    It was around the time you were still supporting Herman Cain.



    REMEMBER?

    Show us the proof that you have that substantial voter fraud is occurring to support your position of changes needed to voter ID laws.

    I'm waiting.
    No one with half a brain could ever think that I preferred Mitt Romney for the Republican candidate. So what? This is just another red herring comment to distract from the fact that you refuse to answer any question that is asked of you.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  13. #117
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,981
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh B View Post
    According to mcjo, an honest election (proving you are elgible to vote) is the same as voter suppression. Go figure!! The fact that ACORN has been caught redhanded creating false voters is evidence enough that illegal voting is a real concern. Dead people have been voting for years but now the potential for abuse in voting is still worse. Now we also have illigal aliens flooding the country. Wonder why the democrats are so in love with illegal aliens and don't want voter ID? Putting those together is a no brainer. One would think that all honest folks would be in favor of closing up illegal voting loop holes. That is, unless one is in favor of illegal voting.
    In defense of mcjo, I don't think anyone has accused him of being honest.

    But yes, it is true that to not want voters to have to prove who they are is directly supporting the potential for voter fraud.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


Page 9 of 31 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151619 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event