Page 6 of 31 FirstFirst 1234567891011121316 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    Well, even though yout comment did not address anything in my post you quoted, would it still not be better to require allegedly civic minded Americans who are wanting to vote to be able to show proof that they are who they say they are and not some dead person still on the records? What would be the harm? To be against showing no more proof of identification than needs to be shown to any street cop who requests the same really sounds like there is something illegal being planned.

Why would any voter not have some form of ID? To vote is to be a civicly responsible citizen, so why would any civicly responsible citizen not be responsible enough to be able to show proof of who they are?
    My eyes are watering from all the SMOKE bellowing out of this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by AStudent View Post
    If that is the case then I was mistaken.

I do not know why anyone would fight this law.

Then again, I don't understand why we just can't control the illegal population and allow felons to vote, that would solve a lot of problems.
    You're a libertarian. I can just tell by what you are saying.

Quote Originally Posted by mcjo tech View Post
    I have asked and you are unable to answer.

Show me why we need to change the law for voter IDs

Show me your statistics where voter fraud is a problem and is skewing elections.

Just more smoke and mirrors from you to hide your real agenda.

That agenda is to cut back the amount of minorities, students, and elderly who will vote this November.

Your credibilty on this issue is shot.
    On this very thread are several posts showing voter fraud. You have not shown one bit of evidence that minorities, students or elderly Americans cannot show proof of who they are.

You are supporting the allowance of possible voter fraud. Why would you do that if you did not support the possibility of voter fraud? There is no rational reason why every American who does their civic duty by voting not be able to prove that they are who they say they are.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

I am not stupid and I resent your saying that I am.

I responded to what you wrote. If you meant something other than you wrote, that is not my fault or problem.
    Man are you grasping at straws.

There is a big difference between PLAYING STUPID and BEING STUPID

Stop putting words in my mouth that are not there.

Your credibility is sinking even more with responses like this.

I was not told this was bad, I simply thought you were wanting us to obtain more ID. Even without obtaining more ID, you are still promoting the idea that government should control more of our lives.

I do agree with showing ID at the polls.
    Being someone living and voting in states where voter registration is required, none of this is additional government to me. Government is rapidly playing both sides of the argument for government regulations by regulating who can drive and who can buy cigarettes and alcohol and get into R rated movies, but not requiring any form of regulation for who can vote. Does this even make sense?

It's good to see your posts saying that you misunderstood. That shows ethics and honesty.

On this very thread are several posts showing voter fraud. You have not shown one bit of evidence that minorities, students or elderly Americans cannot show proof of who they are.

You are supporting the allowance of possible voter fraud. Why would you do that if you did not support the possibility of voter fraud? There is no rational reason why every American who does their civic duty by voting not be able to prove that they are who they say they are.
    Allright, honest to goodness true story here. I'm going to embarasses myself, but the story is true. I'm a 55-year-old white guy who worked in Seattle off and on from 1998 to 2009. When I moved back to Ft. Worth, I still had my state of WA DL. It expired in Novemeber of last year. I have one of those red light camera offenses (in TX) that they want $150 to clear off my record. I can't get my TX DL until it is paid. So, I have to pay $150 for the ticket and $40 for the out-of-state DL transfer to the state of TX. I have 2 passports, but the last one expired in 2006. I got the first one in 1986. It now cost an unbelievable $115 dollars (plus the cost of the photos) to get a U.S. passport. My first passport has been to all 7 continents. The problem--I have not worked since Feb/2009 when I left Seattle. Yes, I have had some personal issues, and it is mostly my fault--I won't blame it on this crappy economy. But, still, I got my voter registration card, but if the photo I.D. was a requirement, I would not be allowed to vote. So here is a case where a joe-average former member of the middle class, born and raised in America kind of guy would not be allowed to vote if I voter I.D. was a requirement. But, Jose the illegal construction worker just needs his valid DL and his registration card and he can vote no problem. When government gets involved in something......

Again your wanting tougher voter registrations is not about ending voter fraud which I have shown is a non problem.

It is about limiting votes for Obama.

Plain and simple. You just don't want to come right out and state it.

You are not fooling anyone.

Continuing to argue the point is only destroying your credibilty even more.

Quote Originally Posted by exreo View Post
    You're a libertarian. I can just tell by what you are saying.
    Well I'm sorry if that offends you.

My eyes are watering from all the SMOKE bellowing out of this thread.
    HAH! You mean your heads about to catch on fire from overheating from being caught in so much bullcrap. I want to know how an American student who must be at least 18 years old to vote is not able to provide proof of who they are when they are required to register for the Selective Service and to get into a school. Even if their ID is illegal because they are illegal immigrants, it will still show who you are.

Quote Originally Posted by exreo View Post
    Allright, honest to goodness true story here. I'm going to embarasses myself, but the story is true. I'm a 55-year-old white guy who worked in Seattle off and on from 1998 to 2009. When I moved back to Ft. Worth, I still had my state of WA DL. It expired in Novemeber of last year. I have one of those red light camera offenses (in TX) that they want $150 to clear off my record. I can't get my TX DL until it is paid. So, I have to pay $150 for the ticket and $40 for the out-of-state DL transfer to the state of TX. I have 2 passports, but the last one expired in 2006. I got the first one in 1986. It now cost an unbelievable $115 dollars (plus the cost of the photos) to get a U.S. passport. My first passport has been to all 7 continents. The problem--I have not worked since Feb/2009 when I left Seattle. Yes, I have had some personal issues, and it is mostly my fault--I won't blame it on this crappy economy. But, still, I got my voter registration card, but if the photo I.D. was a requirement, I would not be allowed to vote. So here is a case where a joe-average former member of the middle class, born and raised in America kind of guy would not be allowed to vote if I voter I.D. was a requirement. But, Jose the illegal construction worker just needs his valid DL and his registration card and he can vote no problem. When government gets involved in something......
    I am not pushing for any additional ID, just that we be able to show something viable that says we are who we say we are. I have been in similar situations that you are in. Must be our age group.

Again your wanting tougher voter registrations is not about ending voter fraud which I have shown is a non problem.

It is about limiting votes for Obama.

Plain and simple. You just don't want to come right out and state it.

You are not fooling anyone.

Continuing to argue the point is only destroying your credibilty even more.
    I am only for the vote to be as fair and uncorrupted as is possible. Why would you want to leave a loophole for corruption in our system unless it was to fraudulantly get the person you want into office? the only rational objection to voters having to be able to prove they are who they say they are is if you support fraudulant voting.

Well I'm sorry if that offends you.
    Just depends if you're the pot-smoking type of libertarian or non-smoking type. Most libertarians want to grow their own pot farm in their back yard IMHO.

I am only for the vote to be as fair and uncorrupted as is possible. Why would you want to leave a loophole for corruption in our system unless it was to fraudulantly get the person you want into office? the only rational objection to voters having to be able to prove they are who they say they are is if you support fraudulant voting.
    I've made my point.

As I have stated your real agenda is crystal clear.

You can dance around it all you want but again you are not fooling anyone.

I'm done.

Page 6 of 31 FirstFirst 1234567891011121316 ... LastLast