Page 24 of 31 FirstFirst ... 14171819202122232425262728293031 LastLast
    Heck, I ought to get to vote twice for having a passport with picture I.D. that's been to all 7 continents and Greenland

Perhaps you should drop your Internet carrier for one month and make an investment in DL and get a life or get your life back. We welcome u back here. Maybe with a DL you can get a job after Romney gets in in time to save us all from going commie. Thank you very much

Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    Perhaps you should drop your Internet carrier for one month and make an investment in DL and get a life or get your life back. We welcome u back here. Maybe with a DL you can get a job after Romney gets in in time to save us all from going commie. Thank you very much
    I was thinking the same thing!
    Don't worry zombies are looking for brains, you're safe...

Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    I've been trying to make the point that getting the DL is going to be no easy task for me. I'm pretty sure I have to pay off the $150 red light ticket before I can get a TX DL. Also, they used to give 1 year of grace period when you have an expired out-of-state DL. Now, I understand there is no grace period. I would have to actually retake the written and driving part of the test. So, that means I need a car and proof of insurance before I can a DL. So, for me, getting a DL in our once great state of Texas is going to be a very expensive undertaking. Getting the $115 US passport renewed would be a lot less expensive.

As far as sacrificing the one month of interent, high speed internet is part of the monthly rent here at the extended stay hotel where I live. High speed internet, cable TV, landline phone and electric and water are all included in the price for rent.

Oh, BTW, when the Mexicans completely take over TX, it will go blue and it will be over for the republicans. The republican party will be over.

A couple of years ago when I brought my Dad to live with me in GA (from Texas), you would not believe the mess we went through to get him a GADL.

I can say this: I do not know a single person who has a home, works (or has worked) for a living, and pays their own bills... who does not have a picture ID and can find their birth cert...
    What I do find curious is the proof of residence thingy; how does an elec bill prove where you live? MeThinks it is to prove someone has lived in one place for a while... as opposed to living in a motel for a week.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Quote Originally Posted by exreo View Post
    ..........Oh, BTW, when the Mexicans completely take over TX, it will go blue and it will be over for the republicans. The republican party will be over.
    Yeah well that is a good agrument for stopping all immigration both legal and illegal to keep this country from going communist. Thank you, thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

OH... BTW: I have a passport in my desk from the late 1980's with 25 different countries in it... did a LOT of traveling in 18 mos.

What was the nature of your traveling?
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

Seems to me according to the Texas website you could go down and get a State issued ID for $16. No car, no insurance. Seems simple enough.

IN GA's opinion...

Sooner or later, in this 'voter ID' argument... we are gonna have to decide whether feeling good about the poor or using common sense is gonna be the yardstick to measure with... because we cannot have both and not have voter fraud.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

But it really doesn't matter to you, because according to your belief if they don't own property (like myself) they shouldn't vote anyway! So now you have to figure out how to prove they are property owners. How much property to get your vote?

Quote Originally Posted by ControlsInMT View Post
    Seems to me according to the Texas website you could go down and get a State issued ID for $16. No car, no insurance. Seems simple enough.
    Well I just got off the phone with the Texas Dept. of Public Safety here in Ft. Worth. I was wrong about some things, and I was right about some things. Here are the requirements for someone who has an expired out-of-state driver's licesne:

1. Must present brith certificate or copy of birth certificate
    2. Must present SS card
    3. Must present 3rd identity document. My expired passport and expired WA DL may be considered as a supporting 3rd document
    4. Must present proof of residence with 2 documents. This can be bank account statements mailed to me, etc.
    5. Must pass the knowledge test (just like I'm 16 years old again)
    6. Must pass the driving test (just like I'm 16 years olda gain), but I can use a friend's car and his proof of liability on the car. I don't have to have my own.

The $150 owed on a red light camera ticket wont stop me from getting a TX DL
    The total fee for everything is only $25.

As far as the TX ID only I didn't ask much about that. Items 1 through 4 would probably still be required.

I thought there was a 1 year grace period in TX for out-of-state expired licenses, but there isn't. I've had 4 TX driver's licenses since 1979, but those don't count.

Oh well, thank you republicans for making it so easy to vote--haha.

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    OH... BTW: I have a passport in my desk from the late 1980's with 25 different countries in it... did a LOT of traveling in 18 mos.

What was the nature of your traveling?
    Ga-HVAC-Tech, it looks like you've done quite a bit of traveling yourself. I was a Radio Electronics Officer on U.S. merchant tankers from 1987 to 1996. We went all over the world delivering jet fuel and diesel to military bases. On some non-military ships we deilvered vegetable oil and wheat and sacks of flour. My favorite places were Buenos Aires, Argentina, Melbourne, Australia and Savannah, GA.

Here's a 2 minute video clip of the Texaco Montana. At the 0:25 mark we are coming up the Savannah River and I get a shot of the gold dome on the capital building there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_t-nZEGSbEc

Quote Originally Posted by exreo View Post
    Ga-HVAC-Tech, it looks like you've done quite a bit of traveling yourself. I was a Radio Electronics Officer on U.S. merchant tankers from 1987 to 1996. We went all over the world delivering jet fuel and diesel to military bases. On some non-military ships we deilvered vegetable oil and wheat and sacks of flour. My favorite places were Buenos Aires, Argentina, Melbourne, Australia and Savannah, GA.

Here's a 2 minute video clip of the Texaco Montana. At the 0:25 mark we are coming up the Savannah River and I get a shot of the gold dome on the capital building there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_t-nZEGSbEc
    That would have been an interesting thing to do for a while... I have lots of job experiences, albeit they are all on the land.

My travels were in two groups:
    First, was in 1978-79, I was a part time employee of PanAm airlines... had pass-riding privileges.
    The second I was married to a PanAm flight attendant from 1987-90... again had travel privileges. The second time around, it was not near as fun.... security was a lot stronger than a decade earlier.
    We used to call it 'the golden age of aviation'... it pretty well started to decline after Jimmy Carter deregulated the airlines in 1979.

Both times I was mostly a tourist of sorts... I enjoyed simply sitting around in the local culture and chatting with the local working class folks. I credit this travel and chat time with broadening my mind.

On the DL thingy: If your passport is expired... I suspect they will not take it. GA would not take Dad's expired passport.

MeThinks the reality of getting some level of control of who votes (as opposed to every warm body gets to... which leaves lots of room for fraud) had to happen sooner or later. The good news is you are getting ahead of it now, rather than the last minute.

Best of luck to you getting your DL worked out...
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

Page 24 of 31 FirstFirst ... 14171819202122232425262728293031 LastLast