Page 21 of 31 FirstFirst ... 11141516171819202122232425262728 ... LastLast
Results 261 to 273 of 391
  1. #261
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,932
    I just love the part where Democrats accuse Republicans of wanting to call those who do illegal things, criminals;
    Top Democrats like DNC Chair Debbie Wasserman-Schultz – who attacked the GOP for “wanting to make being an illegal alien a crime” - have made no secret of their fear of these laws. And they have tried to scare minority groups by hysterically comparing Voter ID to racist ”Jim Crow” laws from long ago…
    What a disgraceful insult to compare legal Blacks to ILLEGAL invaders.
    http://standwitharizona.com/blog/201...-voter-id-law/
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  2. #262
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Losantiville
    Posts
    1,750
    Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    What are you babbling about? It is the Obama administration that is not doing what is needed to be done in order for American's working overseas and American military personnel to vote. Obama's administration is the Democrat Party. What are you confused about?
    Not babbling - just the facts - the issue is within the Pentagon and turned up in an audit.

    "The Military and Overseas Voter Empowerment (MOVE) Act was passed by Congress in 2009 and signed into law by President Barack Obama and was supposed to make it easier for both troops deployed overseas and U.S. citizens living abroad to cast ballots back in their home states."

    "The inspector general recommended the Pentagon create better survey capabilities to identify the voting needs of service members after the 2012 election and to work with Congress to change the parts of the law that it isn't complying with.

    These are direct quotes from your link - show me where the current admin isn't doing what should be done. They passed the Act and when they audited compliance they found problems at individual bases and took measures to correct the problem.

    Why do you guys tilt at windmills? These imaginary characters and conspiracies are getting rather tired.

  3. #263
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Posts
    7,700
    Quote Originally Posted by netsalt View Post
    Not babbling - just the facts - the issue is within the Pentagon and turned up in an audit.

    "The Military and Overseas Voter Empowerment (MOVE) Act was passed by Congress in 2009 and signed into law by President Barack Obama and was supposed to make it easier for both troops deployed overseas and U.S. citizens living abroad to cast ballots back in their home states."

    "The inspector general recommended the Pentagon create better survey capabilities to identify the voting needs of service members after the 2012 election and to work with Congress to change the parts of the law that it isn't complying with.

    These are direct quotes from your link - show me where the current admin isn't doing what should be done. They passed the Act and when they audited compliance they found problems at individual bases and took measures to correct the problem.

    Why do you guys tilt at windmills? These imaginary characters and conspiracies are getting rather tired.
    Many on here dont even read their own links. Its mind blowing sometimes.

    Like..why did you post a link to back up your argument when the link you posted goes against your argument.

    I think many here might be hitting the old sauce when posting.

    Roboto san is a yankee.... Ive heard that most northerners get up in the morning and fix themselves a gin and juice or five before they even think about having a cup of coffee.
    YOU SHALL REAP WHAT YOU HAVE _______ SOWN

  4. #264
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Ft. Worth, TX
    Posts
    1,942
    OK, you want photo I.D. for voting?? Hereeeeeere ya go......

    http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la...,3840249.story

    That ought to really stop fraud huh?

  5. #265
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Dacula, GA
    Posts
    12,549
    Quote Originally Posted by corny View Post
    Any tennessee vols vans out there ??? Im not a fan.....but I am using a vols logo........just for the hell of it till I can find a decent avatar....

    I was going to use another squirrel pic but decided against that...... maybe an aeroplane or something...... maybe a pic that I have taken....

    Just not sure.....
    Yeah well you got one here corny. Didn't think you were a vol fan since you didn't grow up in Tennessee and you always knock your God fearing salt of the earth Tennessee neighbors and Tennessee is a conservative state. You might as well not vote because your vote for the Democrats won't count in an overwhelming conservative state and being in East Tennessee to boot (very Republican and conservative).

    Yeah I guess the Internet is the only place you can express your views safely with out getting ran out of town and your house burnt down. That's how it was done back in the 40's and 50's in rural East Tennessee where I grew up. You didn't dare go to far against the community beliefs, morals and standards back then.

    Back in 48 I saw a guy shot in the back with a shotgun from about 50 yards running from a group of good old boys from the back of a hay truck. He got a girl pregnant and and he left her and didn't marry her. He was being ran out of town. This was in the middle of the day on US Hwy 11 Lee Hwy.

    Perhaps you can get a avatar of a weasel or a skunk. That should suit you fine. As I'm sure you know you can't go more than say 40 or 50 miles down any country highway in Tennessee without smelling a skunk and that would be a good avatar there corny. Trying to help you here everywhere I can. Thank you, thank you very much

    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

  6. #266
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    I'm an old cowhand from the Rio Grande
    Posts
    17,089
    So, 21 pages and we have yet to see any credible evidence presented that voter fraud is a systemic, pervasive problem.


    What we do see is an effort to suppress a constitutional right.

  7. #267
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Ft. Worth, TX
    Posts
    1,942
    Quote Originally Posted by geerair View Post
    So, 21 pages and we have yet to see any credible evidence presented that voter fraud is a systemic, pervasive problem.


    What we do see is an effort to suppress a constitutional right.
    I would have to disagree. I think we have seen that illegals are voting when they have no right to vote because they aren't U.S. citizens. Illegals are voting even in states that require current photo I.D. because they have a driver's license. And when you consider this could be hundreds of thousands of people, that's a pervasive problem IMHO.

  8. #268
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Losantiville
    Posts
    1,750
    This is an example of real election fraud.
    http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/09/0...appear-in.html

    The gov in Florida is looking in the wrong place for election fraud, he needs to look around at the state party convention!

  9. #269
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Helena, Montana
    Posts
    2,155
    Quote Originally Posted by geerair View Post
    So, 21 pages and we have yet to see any credible evidence presented that voter fraud is a systemic, pervasive problem.


    What we do see is an effort to suppress a constitutional right.
    WTF? How is any constitutional right being suppressed? More like the constitution is trying to be enforced (I know, some of you don't think that's a good thing ), in order to vote you have to be a citizen. I guess technically, it doesn't say alive...
    Don't worry zombies are looking for brains, you're safe...

  10. #270
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    3,175
    From all the data I've seen about voter fraud it seems like it is a non-issue as far as effecting an election. It sounds like you have a better chance finding someone struck by lightning than someone committing voter fraud. You can make the argument that no matter how minute the numbers are we still need to protect from voter fraud because any number at all is still unacceptable. I'm straddling the fence on the issue but I am leaning towards agreeing with the point that any voter fraud at all is unacceptable. Just because we have a right to vote does not relieve us of all responsibility to do what is necessary to protect the integrity of the election. I also think the government should make a good faith effort to help those that are elderly, poor or disabled get the proper ID's needed to vote at no cost. That is kind of ironic adding another government program that would help the Republicans. Any stricter voter ID laws would benefit the Republicans & at this juncture I would rather see a Democrat in office but unlike the majority I look at each issue on its own merit & not how it effects any political party.
    Gary
    -----------
    http://www.oceanhvac.com
    An engineer designs what he would never work on.
    A technician works on what he would never design.

  11. #271
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Gainesville, FL
    Posts
    325
    Complete non issue. Right.

    Pay no attention to the woman that was running for congress that was in the news just yesterday for voting multiple times. With so many individual instances of fraud, and very close elections (bush/gore Florida anyone?) every vote matters.

  12. #272
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Ft. Worth, TX
    Posts
    1,942
    Quote Originally Posted by garyed View Post
    From all the data I've seen about voter fraud it seems like it is a non-issue as far as effecting an election. It sounds like you have a better chance finding someone struck by lightning than someone committing voter fraud. You can make the argument that no matter how minute the numbers are we still need to protect from voter fraud because any number at all is still unacceptable. I'm straddling the fence on the issue but I am leaning towards agreeing with the point that any voter fraud at all is unacceptable. Just because we have a right to vote does not relieve us of all responsibility to do what is necessary to protect the integrity of the election. I also think the government should make a good faith effort to help those that are elderly, poor or disabled get the proper ID's needed to vote at no cost. That is kind of ironic adding another government program that would help the Republicans. Any stricter voter ID laws would benefit the Republicans & at this juncture I would rather see a Democrat in office but unlike the majority I look at each issue on its own merit & not how it effects any political party.
    Yep, stricter voter laws would eliminate those many thousands of illegal Mexican votes.

  13. #273
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Helena, Montana
    Posts
    2,155
    Party affiliation aside, isn't this a moral issue? OH WAIT....we aren't allowed to bring up morals anymore in today's kinder, gentler, society....
    Don't worry zombies are looking for brains, you're safe...

Page 21 of 31 FirstFirst ... 11141516171819202122232425262728 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event