Page 19 of 31 FirstFirst ... 912131415161718192021222324252629 ... LastLast
Results 235 to 247 of 391
  1. #235
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,944
    Quote Originally Posted by dijit View Post
    Are they allowed to use voting machines or do they write their vote on a piece of hemp paper and sign it with a quill?
    Yes.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  2. #236
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Ft. Worth, TX
    Posts
    1,947
    A caller called into Rush Limbaugh today and asked about this very thing. The caller asked Rush if he was concerned about all the illegals that are going to vote. Limbaugh said he was, but then he went on to say that the solution is to make sure everybody presented I.D. when voting. Maybe I'm dense, but I still don't get it, and I don't think Limbaugh gets it. Because here is my way of thinking. Jose Hernandez, is an illegal immigrant from Mexico. He lives in a state that allows illegals to get driver's licenses. Florida used to be one, and maybe it still is. Florida is a big swing state. So Jose gets his DL and also gets registered to vote while he is at the DMV or maybe he gets registered later. Jose goes to the polls on election day and presents his I.D. OK, how does the requirement to have I.D. solve the problem? His vote is still illegal! The requirement to present I.D. in hundreds of thousands if not millions of cases like this did not prevent an illegal vote! Why didn't Limbaugh get this? Why don't I get it? What am I missing? Somebody please explain it to me. Thanks.

  3. #237
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    3,219
    Quote Originally Posted by exreo View Post
    ......... The requirement to present I.D. in hundreds of thousands if not millions of cases like this did not prevent an illegal vote! Why didn't Limbaugh get this? Why don't I get it? What am I missing? Somebody please explain it to me. Thanks.
    It's very simple,
    The Republicans assume that a lot of people that won't vote because of getting a photo ID are either poor, elderly or disabled that tend to vote for the Democrats. The Democrats think the same way so they're opposed to the ID's. All either party cares about is winning the election. I'm sure they both know that just stopping illegal votes isn't going to swing an election but stopping the other classes of people might. If those people tended to vote Republican then the Democrats would be behind photo ID's & the Republicans would be against it.
    Gary
    -----------
    http://www.oceanhvac.com
    An engineer designs what he would never work on.
    A technician works on what he would never design.

  4. #238
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Dacula, GA
    Posts
    12,604
    Quote Originally Posted by garyed View Post
    It's very simple,
    The Republicans assume that a lot of people that won't vote because of getting a photo ID are either poor, elderly or disabled that tend to vote for the Democrats. The Democrats think the same way so they're opposed to the ID's. All either party cares about is winning the election. I'm sure they both know that just stopping illegal votes isn't going to swing an election but stopping the other classes of people might. If those people tended to vote Republican then the Democrats would be behind photo ID's & the Republicans would be against it.
    Yeah and that explains why the Democrats are against any and every move to make it easier for the military to vote. They know that they are overwhelmingly disliked by those who love America and putting themselves on the line in our defense. Thank you, thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

  5. #239
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    bedford ind
    Posts
    1,090
    Northwestern University is working on a tattoo that is flexible , permanent and operates like a computer chip. This will carry any info needed by the government and business.It won't impose a burden on people, because it will be with them until they die, at which time it also dies.

    This will solve a lot of problems with I.D. fraud AND allow the government to monitor areas where a crime occurs to identify who is/was in the area. Once a person receives this , it will be their permanent I.D.

    It can also be used to ensure that everyone gets " their fair share".

    Seems there was a a book written about this, somewhere.

  6. #240
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    S.E. Pa
    Posts
    6,192
    When the State issues a license to any illegal who stands before them then photo ID won't stop that type of voter fraud. The issuing agency is corrupt.

    Regardless, photo ID WILL stop multiple voting by the same person to some degree and THAT is the real value of voter ID, which then should clarify why it is not discriminatory to anyone.

    As for those squabbling about these tens of millions of voters who don't have ID who just cannot seem to find a way down to the DMV to get a non-driver photo ID let me debunk that. Most states have MULTIPLE programs for getting the elderly and infirmed around FOR FREE. There is no much free public transit available it is unbelievable. I'm sure if they called their respective party's local office they would also be more than happy to get someone to drive them to get their ID. I would bet there are busses being set up to run a route just for this. I know of churches that have busses that can do this, too.

    We now have 19 pages on this over a non-issue, which just goes to show how scared the liberals are over it and how one sided the issue is. You don't hear the conservatives whining over being able to get grandma' her ID now do you? A blind man can see the real issue here is the conservatives are taking away one of thousands of entitlements to liberals--the ability to cast multiple votes. If the DMV was doing their job, an illegal would be detained when they presented themselves for an ID. THAT, my friends is an even bigger problem--the ease with getting an ID without proper documentation.

  7. #241
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,944
    Quote Originally Posted by exreo View Post
    A caller called into Rush Limbaugh today and asked about this very thing. The caller asked Rush if he was concerned about all the illegals that are going to vote. Limbaugh said he was, but then he went on to say that the solution is to make sure everybody presented I.D. when voting. Maybe I'm dense, but I still don't get it, and I don't think Limbaugh gets it. Because here is my way of thinking. Jose Hernandez, is an illegal immigrant from Mexico. He lives in a state that allows illegals to get driver's licenses. Florida used to be one, and maybe it still is. Florida is a big swing state. So Jose gets his DL and also gets registered to vote while he is at the DMV or maybe he gets registered later. Jose goes to the polls on election day and presents his I.D. OK, how does the requirement to have I.D. solve the problem? His vote is still illegal! The requirement to present I.D. in hundreds of thousands if not millions of cases like this did not prevent an illegal vote! Why didn't Limbaugh get this? Why don't I get it? What am I missing? Somebody please explain it to me. Thanks.
    You make a very good case for why it is completely asinine for CRIMINALS, who are living in the U.S. ILLEGALLY, can obtain a drivers license in the U.S.

    Another thing that is missing in your scenario is the human nature of man. Mr. Hernandez is more than likely a decent person trying to do better for his family. To cast a vote in complete anonimity is one thing, but to identify himself to another U.S. agency with the chance of being deported for illegally voting is quite another. Mr. Hernandez is most likely not going to take the chance of being caught as the criminal he is just to cast a vote.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  8. #242
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,944
    Quote Originally Posted by garyed View Post
    It's very simple,
    The Republicans assume that a lot of people that won't vote because of getting a photo ID are either poor, elderly or disabled that tend to vote for the Democrats. The Democrats think the same way so they're opposed to the ID's. All either party cares about is winning the election. I'm sure they both know that just stopping illegal votes isn't going to swing an election but stopping the other classes of people might. If those people tended to vote Republican then the Democrats would be behind photo ID's & the Republicans would be against it.
    Aside from being a stupid ascertation, there is absolutely nothing indicating that the poor or disabled won't vote if required to have ID. In fact, the poor and the disabled are more likely to have photo ID from government assistance programs.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  9. #243
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,944
    Quote Originally Posted by ironpit View Post
    Northwestern University is working on a tattoo that is flexible , permanent and operates like a computer chip. This will carry any info needed by the government and business.It won't impose a burden on people, because it will be with them until they die, at which time it also dies.

    This will solve a lot of problems with I.D. fraud AND allow the government to monitor areas where a crime occurs to identify who is/was in the area. Once a person receives this , it will be their permanent I.D.

    It can also be used to ensure that everyone gets " their fair share".

    Seems there was a a book written about this, somewhere.
    While I personally would not be opposed to such a thing just because I get tired of having to carry ID, being tattooed is a violation of theological, moral and ethical beliefs of many people.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  10. #244
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    3,219
    Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    Yeah and that explains why the Democrats are against any and every move to make it easier for the military to vote. They know that they are overwhelmingly disliked by those who love America and putting themselves on the line in our defense. Thank you, thank you very much
    IMO you're absolutely right. Since the military usually votes Republican the Dems have no desire to help them vote. But I don't think that has anything to do with which party cares more about our country. You & I might argue the ID issue because it's what we believe is in the best interests of America but that is not what this is about. The politicians are arguing about what is in the best interests of them getting elected or re-elected.
    Gary
    -----------
    http://www.oceanhvac.com
    An engineer designs what he would never work on.
    A technician works on what he would never design.

  11. #245
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,944
    Quote Originally Posted by hearthman View Post
    When the State issues a license to any illegal who stands before them then photo ID won't stop that type of voter fraud. The issuing agency is corrupt.

    Regardless, photo ID WILL stop multiple voting by the same person to some degree and THAT is the real value of voter ID, which then should clarify why it is not discriminatory to anyone.

    As for those squabbling about these tens of millions of voters who don't have ID who just cannot seem to find a way down to the DMV to get a non-driver photo ID let me debunk that. Most states have MULTIPLE programs for getting the elderly and infirmed around FOR FREE. There is no much free public transit available it is unbelievable. I'm sure if they called their respective party's local office they would also be more than happy to get someone to drive them to get their ID. I would bet there are busses being set up to run a route just for this. I know of churches that have busses that can do this, too.

    We now have 19 pages on this over a non-issue, which just goes to show how scared the liberals are over it and how one sided the issue is. You don't hear the conservatives whining over being able to get grandma' her ID now do you? A blind man can see the real issue here is the conservatives are taking away one of thousands of entitlements to liberals--the ability to cast multiple votes. If the DMV was doing their job, an illegal would be detained when they presented themselves for an ID. THAT, my friends is an even bigger problem--the ease with getting an ID without proper documentation.
    You make a very good point as to how pathetic it is that Democrats are so afraid that they won't be able to obtain votes from those who only want big government to take care of them but claim they don't have government ID that is provided to those very same people, will be dissuaded to vote. It's a BS scam by leftists looking to force the U.S. into further Socialism that we simply can no longer afford.

    Socialism requires that there are enough people paying into the system in order for those who are taking from the system to be able to subsist. The problem is that promoters of Socialism have to sell the programs to many more people than are using the programs in order to keep getting reelected, at least in the new United Socialist Republic of the former U.S.

    The world economic downturn, perpetuated by worldwide Socialist programs feeding into environmental as well as public welfare organizations and systems, has tipped the Socialist scale to a point where there are no longer enough working subjects to be able to support those who consume without putting back into the system and the elites who live off of the fears they have concocted for the world's population.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  12. #246
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,944
    Quote Originally Posted by garyed View Post
    IMO you're absolutely right. Since the military usually votes Republican the Dems have no desire to help them vote. But I don't think that has anything to do with which party cares more about our country. You & I might argue the ID issue because it's what we believe is in the best interests of America but that is not what this is about. The politicians are arguing about what is in the best interests of them getting elected or re-elected.
    Liberals tend to care more about individuals with disregard to the overall picture and whether or not the needs of the few are going to create adversity for the needs of the many.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  13. #247
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Houston Texas
    Posts
    6,323
    Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    You make a very good case for why it is completely asinine for CRIMINALS, who are living in the U.S. ILLEGALLY, can obtain a drivers license in the U.S.

    Another thing that is missing in your scenario is the human nature of man. Mr. Hernandez is more than likely a decent person trying to do better for his family. To cast a vote in complete anonimity is one thing, but to identify himself to another U.S. agency with the chance of being deported for illegally voting is quite another. Mr. Hernandez is most likely not going to take the chance of being caught as the criminal he is just to cast a vote.
    Illegal alens voting is not the major concern as you state it is the dead and other illegal voters. Most aliens would never take a chance of votingillegally because if the are caugh the lose any possibilty of ever becoming an American citizen to be caught is the death sentence on citizenship.

Page 19 of 31 FirstFirst ... 912131415161718192021222324252629 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event