Page 14 of 31 FirstFirst ... 478910111213141516171819202124 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    No matter how much vulgarity you inject into your rants, the fact does remain that the only interest "FOR" requiring that voters prove they are who they claim to be is to protect the moral integrity of the voting system in the U.S. Just as the only interest in "NOT" requiring that voters prove they are who they say they are is so that voter fraud can be committed by persons voting for Democrat candidates who should not be allowed to vote.
    Don't believe you.

Not for a second

Quote Originally Posted by netsalt View Post
    Nobody is really buying into the idea that these people are restricting the vote to save the country. It is an obvious political tactic that is being argued at this time by out of touch rightists that will not be convinced that they are being played.
    I agree up to this point

They are not being "played" they know full well what they are trying to accomplish.

And any of them that claim differently are dishonest.

Quote Originally Posted by mcjo tech View Post
    I agree up to this point

They are not being "played" they know full well what they are trying to accomplish.

And any of them that claim differently are dishonest.
    Very true but I was trying to be nice by giving them the benefit of the doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by netsalt View Post
    Very true but I was trying to be nice by giving them the benefit of the doubt.
    I think I need to step off this bus.

I have made my points and it appears that they are willing to debate this issue forever.

I simply don't want to spend anymore time or energy debating it with them.

Thanks for the debate guys.

Seems the poeple for it also have some objective since they have offered no proof that any elections have ever been lost because of it.

Their real agenda remains to suppress minorities, students, and the elderly to cast votes against their candidate even though these individuals are legal to vote.

Trying to portray that you are somehow only interested in protecting the moral integrity of the voting system in the US and that you do not have any other motives other then that is simply Horsesh!t.

And professing such only calls into question your honesty and credibility.
    I see no difference in this as I do in requiring drug testing for welfare and ssi

sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note
    Member of the "Work Exchange Program"
    "Will work for knowledge"

"Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid"
    A Einstein

I need an ID to:
    Gain employment
    Cash a check
    Drive a vehicle
    Rent movies
    Attain library card
    For hunting lic
    Game check-in
    Establish and collect welfare/ssi

And I shouldn't need one to vote!!!!
    :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note
    Member of the "Work Exchange Program"
    "Will work for knowledge"

"Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid"
    A Einstein

I can tell you from first hand experience that showing ID when voting doesn't cost one cent more. Especially since people who work at polling stations are unpaid.
    If you are unable to get your license renewed, lost your birth certificate and passport or military ID then you have bigger problems than not being able to vote!
    Even if you discount all the other arguments, each person is entitled to one vote and one vote only, no ID means a person could potentially vote several times!!
    If you can't or won't play by the rules in order to cast your vote and participate in society then that's your problem.
    It is simply astounding to me that in the US, you guys don't have to prove eligibility to vote! The home of the almighty Patriot Act... Lol
    If you think about it, by forcing people to show ID this eliminates every possible complaint about the elections process except for bad counting.

Quote Originally Posted by syndicated View Post
    I can tell you from first hand experience that showing ID when voting doesn't cost one cent more. Especially since people who work at polling stations are unpaid.
    If you are unable to get your license renewed, lost your birth certificate and passport or military ID then you have bigger problems than not being able to vote!
    Even if you discount all the other arguments, each person is entitled to one vote and one vote only, no ID means a person could potentially vote several times!!
    If you can't or won't play by the rules in order to cast your vote and participate in society then that's your problem.
    It is simply astounding to me that in the US, you guys don't have to prove eligibility to vote! The home of the almighty Patriot Act... Lol
    If you think about it, by forcing people to show ID this eliminates every possible complaint about the elections process except for bad counting.
    I agree with you...except that it would not eliminate any complaints...people use fake IDs every day, people don't get carded...everyday...oh...I look like my dad so I can take his ID and vote for him. =)

I dunno, identifying people at the polls is a great idea, but it seems like it would be cutting legal citizens out of the loop and still not be fixing the problem.

Why can't we just have a system that works...like fixing illegal immigration...that would be a much better solution.

Here's another idea....whenever a person votes, have them sign their signature onto a digital pad...if the signature does not match closely enough the signature that is on record, do not allow them to vote...and if it does match...lock their name once they vote so that they cannot place another vote.

No references to where this material came from. Acorn is addressed in the report I linked if you want to read it.

Simply right wing propoganda.

You want us to believe that you guys are only concerned about this issue because you are so moral that you are here to protect the integrity of the system from anyone voting who is not legal to do so.

That is just a bunch of bull$hit and is obvious that your real agenda is to suppress voting for minorities, students, and the elderly for Obama.

At least have the Ba!!s that if that is what you really want then just say so.

Stop hiding behind your moral false outrage of "I only want legal voters to vote" Bull$hit
    OK, I'll bite:
    http://oregoncatalyst.com/3510-Orego...raud-case.html
    http://ballotpedia.org/wiki/index.ph...fraud_in_Texas
    http://www.politifact.com/florida/st...ida-republica/
    http://www.nypost.com/p/news/politic...E3F91081033E13
    http://ballotpedia.org/wiki/index.ph..._in_California
    http://www.politifact.com/georgia/st...-voter-id-law/
    http://ballotpedia.org/wiki/index.ph...aud_in_Alabama
    http://dailycaller.com/2012/01/11/vi...peoples-names/

Anybody with a browser and 5 minutes can turn up hundreds of convicted cases of voter fraud, and many of those convictions are for hundreds of fraudulent registrations or votes

I think I need to step off this bus.

I have made my points and it appears that they are willing to debate this issue forever.

I simply don't want to spend anymore time or energy debating it with them.

Thanks for the debate guys.
    Funny you are typical die hard Democrat mcjo. You will defend the devil if he were a Democrat just like you do Obama who we all know is a communist. There are over 20 million illegals living in the US and die hard Democrats like yourself want to make it easy for them to vote for the commie loving Democratic Party.

Also minority Democrats who don't want to take the effort to vote can have there friends vote for them by claiming they are them with just a utility bill as proof of ID. That is why Black percents in Atlanta were getting better than a 90% turn out during prior elections. Thank you, thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them."
    Barry Goldwater

Quote Originally Posted by AStudent View Post
    Here's another idea....whenever a person votes, have them sign their signature onto a digital pad...if the signature does not match closely enough the signature that is on record, do not allow them to vote...and if it does match...lock their name once they vote so that they cannot place another vote.
    In some Middle Eastern countries, voters are required to vote in person and after they cast their vote their thumb is dipped in indelible dye that doesn't come off for a few days. I suppose here some would argue that it discriminates against people with dye allergies and people missing their thumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete838 View Post
    In some Middle Eastern countries, voters are required to vote in person and after they cast their vote their thumb is dipped in indelible dye that doesn't come off for a few days. I suppose here some would argue that it discriminates against people with dye allergies and people missing their thumb.
    Yeah...it's possible....but there has to be a way of restricting the freedom of the people, AND taking care of fraud at the same time....just have to think of a way.

How about voting by debit card....swipe your card...put in your pin number...a small fee will be collected and everything is good to go.

Or we could vote by fingerprint...

Maybe supplying the poll keepers with a DNA sample.

Call the polls, if the number matches your number on file you are good to vote.

Send rep or dem to Weneedurvote in a text message.

Drive through voting....get a president and a taco all in one trip!

If you can say the alphabet backwards you can vote...but but officer...I can't even do that when I'm sober!

If you score above a certain letter grade on your ACT you are free to vote.

Traer 2000 pesos y tres perros muertos y se le permitirá votar por quién quieres!
    Last edited by AStudent; 09-03-2012 at 10:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AStudent View Post
    I agree with you...except that it would not eliminate any complaints...people use fake IDs every day, people don't get carded...everyday...oh...I look like my dad so I can take his ID and vote for him. =)

I dunno, identifying people at the polls is a great idea, but it seems like it would be cutting legal citizens out of the loop and still not be fixing the problem.

Why can't we just have a system that works...like fixing illegal immigration...that would be a much better solution.

So, since some people counterfit IDs you propose that we do away with the use of an ID?

Page 14 of 31 FirstFirst ... 478910111213141516171819202124 ... LastLast