Page 13 of 31 FirstFirst ... 36789101112131415161718192023 ... LastLast
Results 157 to 169 of 391
  1. #157
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,923
    Quote Originally Posted by hearthman View Post
    Why is there such fascination with voter fraud needing to be proven? Is there that same level of fraud in every other facet of life that requires photo ID? How many fakers did they bust sneaking into courthouses before? How many people flying on someone else's plane ticket? You see? It isn't so much the collective totals of voter fraud and whether it is for national, state or local elections but that it is simply the feels it is the proper thing to do tp prevent fraud because without it the opportunity is certainly there. The country deserves to know that when Hearthman steps into a voting booth, I am a legal citizen and not a convicted felon so I am legally entitled to vote and vote only once-period. Anyone having a problem with that obviously is in favor of cheating the system. There can be no other motive for arguing against voter ID.
    Agreed. Its simply the proper thing to do to let us all know that government actually cares that our votes are meaningful.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  2. #158
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,923
    Quote Originally Posted by netsalt View Post
    The question remains. Why is this sooooooo important right now? Voter fraud is so miniscule and the costs for implementation are high since we must count legislature time, court time and the citizens time. One would think these fiscal conservatives would be foaming at the mouth over all the wasted money chasing unicorns. But since it is regulation for the citizens anything goes, regulation for the "job creators" is strictly out of bounds and a waste of money.
    What are you talking about the cost for verifying who voters are is high? What cost are you referring to? You walk in, show a piece of identification and sign your name to verify that you voted. What is the problem?

    Saying that voter fraud is so miniscule it doesn't matter is like saying it's ok to be raped just a little bit or only being robbed for a small amount of money. Why are you advocating voter fraud?

    The reason this is becoming a bigger issue is that Democrats have figured out how to better exploit this loophole in our voting system. In fact, Democrats keep having laws passed that allow for illegal immigrants to have easier access to voting for more Democrats who will in turn allow for more benefits for more illegal immigrants.

    It is just insane to oppose the verification that a person voting is who they say they are. There is only one reason to oppose being able to verify you are who you say you are when you are voting, and that is because you are advocating voter fraud.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  3. #159
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Fremont, Indiana
    Posts
    1,426
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh B View Post
    Nonsense! Given that my family regularly visits relatives and former neighbors who are now in nursing homes and assisted living quarters I decided to ask about how they vote. And, I live in a state requiring voter ID to vote. It turns out that not a single individual in one of these homes is without a current valid ID and the facility provides a choice of making sure the residents either have an absentee ballot or a group ride to the polling place.

    Hell, ya can't even purchase prescription medicine for them without a current valid ID. The homes require a current ID just so they can show who they are getting drugs for. Not having a current ID is a lame excuse now days.
    You beat me to it. Lmbo
    Seems the only people against a law for showing a valid id would have some sort of objective behind it, as in voter fraud!
    Saying that no one would commit voter fraud would be like saying "identity theft is non existant" get real

    sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note
    Member of the "Work Exchange Program"
    "Will work for knowledge"

    "Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid"
    A Einstein

  4. #160
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Losantiville
    Posts
    1,720
    Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    What are you talking about the cost for verifying who voters are is high? What cost are you referring to? You walk in, show a piece of identification and sign your name to verify that you voted. What is the problem?

    Saying that voter fraud is so miniscule it doesn't matter is like saying it's ok to be raped just a little bit or only being robbed for a small amount of money. Why are you advocating voter fraud?

    The reason this is becoming a bigger issue is that Democrats have figured out how to better exploit this loophole in our voting system. In fact, Democrats keep having laws passed that allow for illegal immigrants to have easier access to voting for more Democrats who will in turn allow for more benefits for more illegal immigrants.

    It is just insane to oppose the verification that a person voting is who they say they are. There is only one reason to oppose being able to verify you are who you say you are when you are voting, and that is because you are advocating voter fraud.
    Another citizen who thinks their congresscritter and the courts work for free. No one can answer why it was not a problem in 2000/2002/2004/2006/2008/2010. But in 2012 it is time to run around with hair on fire to fix this imaginary mess. A solution looking for a problem. They are wasting my tax money chasing shadows.

  5. #161
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Anderson, South Carolina, United States
    Posts
    6,453
    Quote Originally Posted by mcjo tech View Post
    No references to where this material came from. Acorn is addressed in the report I linked if you want to read it.

    Simply right wing propoganda.

    You want us to believe that you guys are only concerned about this issue because you are so moral that you are here to protect the integrity of the system from anyone voting who is not legal to do so.

    That is just a bunch of bull$hit and is obvious that your real agenda is to suppress voting for minorities, students, and the elderly for Obama.

    At least have the Ba!!s that if that is what you really want then just say so.

    Stop hiding behind your moral false outrage of "I only want legal voters to vote" Bull$hit
    I don't want to suppress anyone from voting as long as they are legal citizens, the vote only once, and they are in fact alive. I have no problem with convicted felons voting either as long as they have served their debt to society.

  6. #162
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,268
    Quote Originally Posted by kamersoutdoor View Post
    You beat me to it. Lmbo
    Seems the only people against a law for showing a valid id would have some sort of objective behind it, as in voter fraud!
    Saying that no one would commit voter fraud would be like saying "identity theft is non existant" get real

    sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note
    Although I do agree with having to show some form of ID at the polls, I can see how it could be somewhat difficult to present a current form of it. If I were elderly or disabled...like a few veterans that I know and had to let my license expire because I could not sit in line all day or even get in and out of the car...then yes I would be a little upset....but something should be done to help prevent fraud...just dunno that it is going to be telling people that they cannot vote because they are not doing what the government tells them to do.

    Basically the law is just another form of government control, which I thought conservatives were against, maybe I'm wrong. I'm all for government control....it starts with little things like not spitting on the sidewalk, and turns into big things like more taxes in order to clean up the sidewalk that everyone spits on anyway...yes! I need more...must have more!

  7. #163
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,923
    Quote Originally Posted by netsalt View Post
    Another citizen who thinks their congresscritter and the courts work for free. No one can answer why it was not a problem in 2000/2002/2004/2006/2008/2010. But in 2012 it is time to run around with hair on fire to fix this imaginary mess. A solution looking for a problem. They are wasting my tax money chasing shadows.
    First of all, voter fraud has always been a problem. Secondly, and this is the third time I have mentioned this for those who have trouble comprehending what is posted, the illegal immigration changes by Democrats make this a more important issue than ever to prevent illegal immigrants from voting.

    What are you talking about showing ID costing more? Do you not have any concept as to how the voting system works? Most everyone at the polling stations are volunteers. I know, because I have been volunteering since the 1980s. So it doesn't cost any more to have voters show ID to prove they are who they claim to be.

    You really are showing how ridiculous leftists are and just how far your kind of deceitful and dishonest person will go to get your way with every post you make. If you don't realize it yet, no one is buying into your deceit.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  8. #164
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,923
    Quote Originally Posted by jtrammel View Post
    I don't want to suppress anyone from voting as long as they are legal citizens, the vote only once, and they are in fact alive. I have no problem with convicted felons voting either as long as they have served their debt to society.
    I agree. Anyone who does not agree with this is obviously looking to have voter fraud loopholes.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  9. #165
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    2,265
    Quote Originally Posted by kamersoutdoor View Post
    You beat me to it. Lmbo
    Seems the only people against a law for showing a valid id would have some sort of objective behind it, as in voter fraud!
    Saying that no one would commit voter fraud would be like saying "identity theft is non existant" get real

    sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note
    Seems the poeple for it also have some objective since they have offered no proof that any elections have ever been lost because of it.

    Their real agenda remains to suppress minorities, students, and the elderly to cast votes against their candidate even though these individuals are legal to vote.

    Trying to portray that you are somehow only interested in protecting the moral integrity of the voting system in the US and that you do not have any other motives other then that is simply Horsesh!t.

    And professing such only calls into question your honesty and credibility.

  10. #166
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,923
    Quote Originally Posted by AStudent View Post
    Although I do agree with having to show some form of ID at the polls, I can see how it could be somewhat difficult to present a current form of it. If I were elderly or disabled...like a few veterans that I know and had to let my license expire because I could not sit in line all day or even get in and out of the car...then yes I would be a little upset....but something should be done to help prevent fraud...just dunno that it is going to be telling people that they cannot vote because they are not doing what the government tells them to do.

    Basically the law is just another form of government control, which I thought conservatives were against, maybe I'm wrong. I'm all for government control....it starts with little things like not spitting on the sidewalk, and turns into big things like more taxes in order to clean up the sidewalk that everyone spits on anyway...yes! I need more...must have more!
    If you are a disabled vet, you have more ID than most people do. If you are elderly, you have all sorts of ID, as has been explained in several other posts.

    It's like you suddenly forgot that you understood that no one is looking for anything more for identification. This is a sign of irrational leftism, which I thought you may be better than. Are you seriously going to go back to your old commentaries even after claiming you understood that you were mistaken?
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  11. #167
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,923
    Quote Originally Posted by mcjo tech View Post
    Seems the poeple for it also have some objective since they have offered no proof that any elections have ever been lost because of it.

    Their real agenda remains to suppress minorities, students, and the elderly to cast votes against their candidate even though these individuals are legal to vote.

    Trying to portray that you are somehow only interested in protecting the moral integrity of the voting system in the US and that you do not have any other motives other then that is simply Horsesh!t.

    And professing such only calls into question your honesty and credibility.
    It is only in this election that leftists are not crying about voter fraud. In all past elections, especially when Democrats have lost them, the leftists have always cried about voter fraud. I have posted a link about this already, but I know you don't remember seeing it or will conveniently claim to have not seen it.

    No matter how much vulgarity you inject into your rants, the fact does remain that the only interest "FOR" requiring that voters prove they are who they claim to be is to protect the moral integrity of the voting system in the U.S. Just as the only interest in "NOT" requiring that voters prove they are who they say they are is so that voter fraud can be committed by persons voting for Democrat candidates who should not be allowed to vote.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  12. #168
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Losantiville
    Posts
    1,720
    Nobody is really buying into the idea that these people are restricting the vote to save the country. It is an obvious political tactic that is being argued at this time by out of touch rightists that will not be convinced that they are being played.

  13. #169
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,268
    Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    If you are a disabled vet, you have more ID than most people do. If you are elderly, you have all sorts of ID, as has been explained in several other posts.

    It's like you suddenly forgot that you understood that no one is looking for anything more for identification. This is a sign of irrational leftism, which I thought you may be better than. Are you seriously going to go back to your old commentaries even after claiming you understood that you were mistaken?
    No....I know that I was mistaken, but there are people out there that live beyond society that don't exactly have an up to date form of picture ID...should they be allowed to vote?

    I don't think this is irrational leftism, unless it is irrational thinking that every US citizen should be allowed to vote.

    As I said...it is a good idea to rid the polls of fraud, but is it a good idea to require that every single person in the US carries identification, regardless of if they need it or not?

    Next thing you know they will be implanting microchips in our arms.

Page 13 of 31 FirstFirst ... 36789101112131415161718192023 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event