Page 17 of 31 FirstFirst ... 710111213141516171819202122232427 ... LastLast
Results 209 to 221 of 391
  1. #209
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Posts
    8,264
    Bams should create a new government agency composed of minorities and maybe even some of the people who are out of work....if they can force those bums back into working..... and have this agency canvas the country with equipment for issuing photo ids. They could get census info and say make sure that everyone over 65 can either go to the dmv for their photo id or let the dmv folks.... this new special government cluster****agency come to their home or place in the park or bridge where they live and issue them a brand spanking new photo id.
    YOU SHALL REAP WHAT YOU HAVE _______ SOWN

  2. #210
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Posts
    8,264
    Im going to get a new avatar...... that one with the baby and the little ****** boy is anti abortion for those of you who have not taken the time to read what that boy is saying.... but because it is hard to read and because I just plain dont like it....... Im going to change it.

    Sometime today maybe.....
    YOU SHALL REAP WHAT YOU HAVE _______ SOWN

  3. #211
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    58
    They do too believe in voter ID! You have to show one 3 times to get in to their convention to vote to nominate Obama!

  4. #212
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Ft. Worth, TX
    Posts
    2,187
    Quote Originally Posted by AStudent View Post
    Sure...except that an ID is not going to stop any fraud.

    We need something more reliable than a person sitting behind a desk,at the DMV.

    If you are going to do something do it right. I would agree more with this law if it didn't have to be an up to date ID...which only makes people that don't need an ID obtain one....and no I'm not talking about illegals.
    I agree it should not have to be an up-to-date I.D. Man I.D. has gotten expensive--driver's licenses and passports are expensive. Why should an 87-year-old be forced to go get a DL renewed or his passport renewed on his $850/month social security income? But the Mexican Matricular card or whatever the heck it is should not be accepted even if it is current. If you present this as I.D., chances are you aren't even a citizen of the United States.

  5. #213
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Ft. Worth, TX
    Posts
    2,187
    Quote Originally Posted by corny View Post
    Bams should create a new government agency composed of minorities and maybe even some of the people who are out of work....if they can force those bums back into working..... and have this agency canvas the country with equipment for issuing photo ids. They could get census info and say make sure that everyone over 65 can either go to the dmv for their photo id or let the dmv folks.... this new special government cluster****agency come to their home or place in the park or bridge where they live and issue them a brand spanking new photo id.
    Hey, that's a great idea. What would you call the legal and current I.D.? The "Under the Bridge" I.D.?

  6. #214
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Ft. Worth, TX
    Posts
    2,187
    Quote Originally Posted by corny View Post
    Im going to get a new avatar...... that one with the baby and the little ****** boy is anti abortion for those of you who have not taken the time to read what that boy is saying.... but because it is hard to read and because I just plain dont like it....... Im going to change it.

    Sometime today maybe.....
    Here's one for you corny. It is in keeping with the same theme of your existing avatar. I saw it in the Seattle Post Intelligencer when I was riding in the back of the bus on my way to work in 1998. In the past 14 years, nothing has changed.


  7. #215
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Kaufman county, Texas
    Posts
    10,493
    Everyone has a photo ID.

    There is nobody legal who does not have a photo ID. You might find some example of a toothless moon-shining grandmother in rural Tennessee, But basically. EVERYONE has a photo ID. The topic is not worthy of debate nor discussion.

    Voter ID is simply a small measure to keep our electoral process honest. Any opposition to that is obviously corruption.
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

    "I say we just nuke them from space, that is the only way to be sure". Winch from ALIENS, forgot her name.

    Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

    I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

    My front door is locked. For your personal protection.

  8. #216
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    647
    The problem with voter ID's is that it is hard to get an ID for the dead people the Dems have signed up to vote. Even harder still is to get IDs for the dead animals that the Democratic Party has been sending filled out voter registration forms to. (no I am not making this up, people have been getting filled-in voter registrations with their deceased dogs' names already written in.)

    Recently on Sean Hannity (I think) he had a black Republican and a white Democrat on arguing some issues. The Democrat mentioned that if the Tea Party wanted to be taken seriously, they need to stop pushing the voter ID thing because it keeps minorities out of the voting booth. The black Republican was shocked and appalled and pointed out that this comment is extremely racist. She said that black people don't have a problem producing IDs when they are getting on flights, buying liquor or cigarettes, etc. so what makes you think they would have a problem showing them at the polls. She then said, If you think white people are the only ones capable of getting ids, and black people aren't, that is an extremely prejudiced thing to say. -- No response from the democrat.

  9. #217
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Ft. Worth, TX
    Posts
    2,187
    Quote Originally Posted by dijit View Post
    The problem with voter ID's is that it is hard to get an ID for the dead people the Dems have signed up to vote. Even harder still is to get IDs for the dead animals that the Democratic Party has been sending filled out voter registration forms to. (no I am not making this up, people have been getting filled-in voter registrations with their deceased dogs' names already written in.)

    Recently on Sean Hannity (I think) he had a black Republican and a white Democrat on arguing some issues. The Democrat mentioned that if the Tea Party wanted to be taken seriously, they need to stop pushing the voter ID thing because it keeps minorities out of the voting booth. The black Republican was shocked and appalled and pointed out that this comment is extremely racist. She said that black people don't have a problem producing IDs when they are getting on flights, buying liquor or cigarettes, etc. so what makes you think they would have a problem showing them at the polls. She then said, If you think white people are the only ones capable of getting ids, and black people aren't, that is an extremely prejudiced thing to say. -- No response from the democrat.
    Poor people will have a hard time. It's the "current" part of the I.D. that is the problem. Sure, I have I.D., but it isn't current. I couldn't get on an airplane now. It used to be OK to have an expired passport for the I-9 form when applying for a job, but with E-verify now it has to be current. I.D. is expensive. When I get a little money, the last thing on the budget is paying off my $150 red light ticket so I can spend another $40 to get a driver's license. Passports are $110. I agree with the democrats on this one. This is republican elitism. If they really wanted to stop massive voter fraud, which of course if a good thing, they should start with cracking down on states that allow illegal Mexicans to get driver's licenses. Because these guys can show I.D. all day long and their vote is still illegal.

  10. #218
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Gainesville, FL
    Posts
    325
    Last time I got a non-DL identification card from the DMV in Florida it was $5. They could give them away for free and come to your house to issue it and democrats would still have a problem with it. Not because there is a legitimate reason, but because the party line has been established and anything else is ideologically infeasible.
    Democrats are prepared to allow illegal aliens and multiple votes from individuals because they know that those illegal and otherwise invalid votes will benefit their party over the party that insists on honesty and legitimacy in the process.
    What would the democrat response be to a law that puts "ineligible to vote" in big red letters on drivers licenses issued to illegal aliens in states like WA? Does that insult or alienate them? Would it hurt their feeeeeelings? I'd really hurt their feelings by deporting them straight from the drivers license when they apply.

  11. #219
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Paper Street Soap Company
    Posts
    2,304
    Screw the voter ID laws. I say if you're on any type of govt assitance you lose the right to vote period.

    You dhouldnt give people who dwpend on the taxes of others to live a say in who runs this Country.

  12. #220
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Boise, ID
    Posts
    4,398
    Quote Originally Posted by Six View Post
    Screw the voter ID laws. I say if you're on any type of govt assitance you lose the right to vote period.

    You dhouldnt give people who dwpend on the taxes of others to live a say in who runs this Country.
    Somebody needs to use spellsheck more often.
    If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what will never be. (Thomas Jefferson 1816)

  13. #221
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    647
    My license was issued in 2000 and expires in 2050. How long is yours good for? Here, a new ID is $12 never expires and a replacement can be mailed to you for $4. And yes, they should crack down on illegal licenses, which they do in my state (AZ) and every once in a while you hear about them finding someone at the DMV issuing licenses to illegals.

    And I am wondering, should they drop the ID requirements for employment, buying alcohol, and buying cigarettes? Seems the same people that would have a hard time showing ID at a booth would have a hard time showing ID for those things. Don't poor people have just as much of a right to buy a six pack as everyone else?

Page 17 of 31 FirstFirst ... 710111213141516171819202122232427 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event