Page 15 of 31 FirstFirst ... 5891011121314151617181920212225 ... LastLast
Results 183 to 195 of 391
  1. #183
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    3,364
    What I find sad about this argument is it really has nothing to do with what is in the best interests of our country. Both parties are only concerned with winning elections. The Republicans think if everyone has to have picture ID's it will not only impact voter fraud but take away a lot of votes the Democrats get from the poor people. The Democrats know needing picture ID's could lose a lot of legitimate votes from the poor so they could care less about stopping any voter fraud. Myself I'm rather split on the issue. On the one hand I see nothing wrong with a person doing a little work to get an ID to vote as long as there are no fees involved. On the other hand there are a lot of poor or elderly or disabled people who don't have any means of transportation or who it may be a lot more hardship to get an ID. I hate to think about adding another government program but I think in order to be fair & have voter ID's the gov. needs to have some sort of program in place to help people get ID's. Voting is not just a privlege in this country, it is a right. I hate think people are voting fraudulently but I also hate to think some legitimate people may not exercise that right because of a voter ID law. You can argue that if they don't want to do whatever is needed to get their ID's then they don't deserve to vote. I tend to buy that argument somewhat myself. I just find it hard to believe that every Democrat is against picture ID's & every Republican is for them. Don't any of them have a mind of their own or are they all drones that believe whatever their party tells them.
    Gary
    -----------
    http://www.oceanhvac.com
    An engineer designs what he would never work on.
    A technician works on what he would never design.

  2. #184
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,268
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh B View Post
    So, since some people counterfit IDs you propose that we do away with the use of an ID?
    No...what I am saying is there would still be very many people complaining about elections because of the fact that ID is not a sure fire way of identifying who you really are.

    So instead of hearing about the dead voters, the news headlines would read something like this....Cases of voter fraud linked to fake IDs found in almost all states, what's next?

    Then politicians would have to waste MORE time thinking up the next law that is going to hopefully stop voters fraud. Because ya know...even one bad vote can throw an election.

  3. #185
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Posts
    8,238
    Quote Originally Posted by AStudent View Post
    No...what I am saying is there would still be very many people complaining about elections because of the fact that ID is not a sure fire way of identifying who you really are.

    So instead of hearing about the dead voters, the news headlines would read something like this....Cases of voter fraud linked to fake IDs found in almost all states, what's next?

    Then politicians would have to waste MORE time thinking up the next law that is going to hopefully stop voters fraud. Because ya know...even one bad vote can throw an election.
    The next law Im sure would be land ownership....or will be depending on who wins in november and how these voter id laws work out thru the states that dont have them yet.

    I would propose a law that only those with college degrees and owning a business with 500 or more employees be allowed to vote. It is people like this that are the ones in our country with the drive, determination and book smarts to get things done. Surely those folks would be best suited to make decisions regarding all of us.
    YOU SHALL REAP WHAT YOU HAVE _______ SOWN

  4. #186
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,268
    Quote Originally Posted by corny View Post
    The next law Im sure would be land ownership....or will be depending on who wins in november and how these voter id laws work out thru the states that dont have them yet.

    I would propose a law that only those with college degrees and owning a business with 500 or more employees be allowed to vote. It is people like this that are the ones in our country with the drive, determination and book smarts to get things done. Surely those folks would be best suited to make decisions regarding all of us.
    Indeed....and while we are at it let's take televisions away from the poor...without those time consuming things we would get a lot more work done.

  5. #187
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    2,327
    ID required to go near the democratic convention.

    http://twitchy.com/2012/09/02/suppre...nvention-site/

  6. #188
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,981
    Quote Originally Posted by netsalt View Post
    Nobody is really buying into the idea that these people are restricting the vote to save the country. It is an obvious political tactic that is being argued at this time by out of touch rightists that will not be convinced that they are being played.
    What is there to argue? Do you support doing what is necessary to prevent corruption or do you support leaving a way to defraud the voting system? If you are against the simple task of voters being required to prove who they say they are, then you are supporting voter fraud.

    We have established that voter fraud is able to be commited.
    We have established that voter fraud has occured in the recent past due to not having proof of the identity of everyone who is voting.
    We have established that just because you are a minority does not mean you are some sort of vagrant.
    We have established that students and the elderly already have viable forms of ID.
    We have established that illegal immigrants have been emboldened by the current administration.
    We have established that without requiring some sort of ID to vote that illegal aliens can vote for politicians who will help them.
    We have established that only Democrats want the door to voter fraud left open.

    There is no argument. Either you support taking simple, non costly measures to help prevent voter fraud or you support voter fraud.

    Since only those who support the Democrats want the door for voter fraud left wide open, it is clear that Democrats intend for voter fraud to add votes for Democrats in the election.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  7. #189
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,981
    Quote Originally Posted by AStudent View Post
    No....I know that I was mistaken, but there are people out there that live beyond society that don't exactly have an up to date form of picture ID...should they be allowed to vote?

    I don't think this is irrational leftism, unless it is irrational thinking that every US citizen should be allowed to vote.

    As I said...it is a good idea to rid the polls of fraud, but is it a good idea to require that every single person in the US carries identification, regardless of if they need it or not?

    Next thing you know they will be implanting microchips in our arms.
    If you are living outside of society, you are not voting.

    Personally, I'd love it if they would put a chip in my arm so I wouldn't have to worry about carrying so much stupid ID.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  8. #190
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,981
    Quote Originally Posted by mcjo tech View Post
    Don't believe you.

    Not for a second
    This is a reflection of "your" character, not mine.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  9. #191
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,981
    Quote Originally Posted by mcjo tech View Post
    I think I need to step off this bus.

    I have made my points and it appears that they are willing to debate this issue forever.

    I simply don't want to spend anymore time or energy debating it with them.

    Thanks for the debate guys.
    This is the third time you have claimed you are going to stop making such a fool of yourself. Let's see if you are telling the truth this time.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  10. #192
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,981
    Quote Originally Posted by AStudent View Post
    I agree with you...except that it would not eliminate any complaints...people use fake IDs every day, people don't get carded...everyday...oh...I look like my dad so I can take his ID and vote for him. =)

    I dunno, identifying people at the polls is a great idea, but it seems like it would be cutting legal citizens out of the loop and still not be fixing the problem.

    Why can't we just have a system that works...like fixing illegal immigration...that would be a much better solution.

    Here's another idea....whenever a person votes, have them sign their signature onto a digital pad...if the signature does not match closely enough the signature that is on record, do not allow them to vote...and if it does match...lock their name once they vote so that they cannot place another vote.
    How does requiring ID cut out anyone who is legit? We have gone over this time and time again, and you have even agreed. Now you are going to start all over, as if you can't remember anything you agreed to?

    Sure, people can fake ID's. But at least it would be a lot more difficult for voter fraud to be committed. Isn't crime prevention really all about making the effort to commit the crime more of a pain than the benefits of commiting the crime? That is what requiring ID does; makes it not worth the while to commit the crime of voter fraud.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  11. #193
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,981
    Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    Funny you are typical die hard Democrat mcjo. You will defend the devil if he were a Democrat just like you do Obama who we all know is a communist. There are over 20 million illegals living in the US and die hard Democrats like yourself want to make it easy for them to vote for the commie loving Democratic Party.

    Also minority Democrats who don't want to take the effort to vote can have there friends vote for them by claiming they are them with just a utility bill as proof of ID. That is why Black percents in Atlanta were getting better than a 90% turn out during prior elections. Thank you, thank you very much
    The devil "IS" a Democrat. That's why so many Democrats are so willing to be the way they are.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  12. #194
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,981
    Quote Originally Posted by garyed View Post
    What I find sad about this argument is it really has nothing to do with what is in the best interests of our country. Both parties are only concerned with winning elections. The Republicans think if everyone has to have picture ID's it will not only impact voter fraud but take away a lot of votes the Democrats get from the poor people. The Democrats know needing picture ID's could lose a lot of legitimate votes from the poor so they could care less about stopping any voter fraud. Myself I'm rather split on the issue. On the one hand I see nothing wrong with a person doing a little work to get an ID to vote as long as there are no fees involved. On the other hand there are a lot of poor or elderly or disabled people who don't have any means of transportation or who it may be a lot more hardship to get an ID. I hate to think about adding another government program but I think in order to be fair & have voter ID's the gov. needs to have some sort of program in place to help people get ID's. Voting is not just a privlege in this country, it is a right. I hate think people are voting fraudulently but I also hate to think some legitimate people may not exercise that right because of a voter ID law. You can argue that if they don't want to do whatever is needed to get their ID's then they don't deserve to vote. I tend to buy that argument somewhat myself. I just find it hard to believe that every Democrat is against picture ID's & every Republican is for them. Don't any of them have a mind of their own or are they all drones that believe whatever their party tells them.
    I've got it! Require Democrats to pay for every Republican that gets an ID and require Republicans to pay for every Democrat that gets an ID. Democrats will be tripping over themselves to get Republicans to pay for something that they receive for free.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  13. #195
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,981
    Quote Originally Posted by AStudent View Post
    No...what I am saying is there would still be very many people complaining about elections because of the fact that ID is not a sure fire way of identifying who you really are.

    So instead of hearing about the dead voters, the news headlines would read something like this....Cases of voter fraud linked to fake IDs found in almost all states, what's next?

    Then politicians would have to waste MORE time thinking up the next law that is going to hopefully stop voters fraud. Because ya know...even one bad vote can throw an election.
    There will always be a way to commit voter fraud just as there will always be every other sort of crime. That does not mean we have to promote allowing crimes to be committed.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


Page 15 of 31 FirstFirst ... 5891011121314151617181920212225 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event