What I find sad about this argument is it really has nothing to do with what is in the best interests of our country. Both parties are only concerned with winning elections. The Republicans think if everyone has to have picture ID's it will not only impact voter fraud but take away a lot of votes the Democrats get from the poor people. The Democrats know needing picture ID's could lose a lot of legitimate votes from the poor so they could care less about stopping any voter fraud. Myself I'm rather split on the issue. On the one hand I see nothing wrong with a person doing a little work to get an ID to vote as long as there are no fees involved. On the other hand there are a lot of poor or elderly or disabled people who don't have any means of transportation or who it may be a lot more hardship to get an ID. I hate to think about adding another government program but I think in order to be fair & have voter ID's the gov. needs to have some sort of program in place to help people get ID's. Voting is not just a privlege in this country, it is a right. I hate think people are voting fraudulently but I also hate to think some legitimate people may not exercise that right because of a voter ID law. You can argue that if they don't want to do whatever is needed to get their ID's then they don't deserve to vote. I tend to buy that argument somewhat myself. I just find it hard to believe that every Democrat is against picture ID's & every Republican is for them. Don't any of them have a mind of their own or are they all drones that believe whatever their party tells them.