Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 12345678912 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SolarMike View Post
    Florida....bush......Diebold.....voter fraud........hmmmmmmmm
    What does this have to do with proving who you are in order to vote?
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Funny everyone knows why Democrats are opposed to voter ID. They want all the illegals to vote and they will vote Democratic and elect more leftest to Congress and a communist for President.

It is very simple. They also want as many of the illegals to register and if one of there illegal friends or minorities can go to the polls then they can vote for them and others who are to lazy or drunk to vote. We had over 90% voter turn out in South Dekalb County and areas of Atlanta which are almost 100% Black before we had the voter ID law in GA. and in the White precents there were none higher than 60%.

The Democrats made sure everyone who was registered got a vote cast for them even if they didn't show up. All you needed was a utility bill and no picture ID. Yeah corny, salty, DStudent, etc. this is the real reason why you are are opposed to voter ID. Thank you, thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

There is no evidence of any substantial voter fraud occurring in this country. It is simply a smoke screen used to hide the conservlicans real intended reason for pushing this agenda.

If they can't win in November by a fair vote of the people then they have no problem taking away the votes from those who actually do have the right to vote in this country.

Mostly minorities and the elderly who are unable to provide documentation of required voter proof because it has been changed recently and enacted by Republican legislatures in many key states.

They can try to hide behind their smoke screen but it is apparent to many of us what their true agenda really is.

And to those who profess this is not true. Show us the statistics of voter fraud in this country to back up your claim.

Quote Originally Posted by corny View Post
    Voter ID laws coming up now are to block the poor and elderly from voting.

I would not be against photo ids if the government could insure that all elderly voters who desire to vote...and handicapped voters as well... are given assistance in getting down to the dmv to get their photo taken.

Lot of states let the elderly get by without photos on their drivers licenses....I think Tenn is like that.

There is no problem with voter fraud in this country......no dead people voting.....might be a few illegals voting but Id say its probably some ignorant inbred illegals who have been here so long they dont realize they cant vote.......

Anyhow.... Im not so much against it as long as everyone who must have the photo id doesnt have a problem getting one.

Poor folks can bum a ride.....
    Why can't poor people or the elderly identify themselves? Can they not buy cigarettes or alcohol either? If these unidentifiable people get stopped by the police, do they all just wind up in jail as unknown vagrants?

Dead people are found to have voted in many elections;
    A state audit indicates that dead people and prisoners are shown as having voted in Michigan between late 2008 and mid-2011.
    http://www.mlive.com/politics/index....voting_au.html

Sure, the amount of dead people and prisoners who were found to have voted may be relatively low, but they are only the ones that were found. Even Pew and NPR admit to there being a significant amount of dead people on the ballots;
    A new report by the Pew Center on the States finds that more than 1.8 million dead people are currently registered to vote. And 24 million registrations are either invalid or inaccurate.
    There's little evidence that this has led to widespread voter fraud, but it has raised concerns that the system is vulnerable.
    http://www.npr.org/2012/02/14/146827...stered-to-vote

So, if the system is vulnerable, why in the world would we not want to take precautions to keep the system from being defrauded?

Is there anyone here who cannot show ID in order to vote?

Quote Originally Posted by Special Ed View Post
    We ID people to buy guns, alcohol & cigarettes, most people both conservative & liberal think that's a good idea, but then most libs don't wanna ID anyone before they're allowed to vote?

Smells like a certain political party is getting ready to commit voter fraud to me....
    That's what it sounds like. But even if the Democrats aren't getting votes by fraudulant means, their claim that so many of those who vote for them are people who cannot prove who they are is very telling of the Democratic Party.

Say we do enact a voter ID system, do you really think it will combat fraud? Minors buy cigarettes as well as alcohol, would this be a waste of tax payers money?

Quote Originally Posted by mcjo tech View Post
    There is no evidence of any substantial voter fraud occurring in this country. It is simply a smoke screen used to hide the conservlicans real intended reason for pushing this agenda.

If they can't win in November by a fair vote of the people then they have no problem taking away the votes from those who actually do have the right to vote in this country.

Mostly minorities and the elderly who are unable to provide documentation of required voter proof because it has been changed recently and enacted by Republican legislatures in many key states.

They can try to hide behind their smoke screen but it is apparent to many of us what their true agenda really is.

And to those who profess this is not true. Show us the statistics of voter fraud in this country to back up your claim.
    Why can't minorities and elderly prove who they are? Do you know anyone who cannot prove who they are? Are you seriously claiming that people who cannot prove who they are are people who are civicly responsible enough to vote?

If you can't prove who you are, you can't buy cigarettes or alcohol, you can't work legally, you can't collect any form of welfare, you can't rent a place to live or get a checking account and you can be arrested if stopped by the police for an identity check. Yet, you are seriously going to try to say that such a person who cannot prove who they are is going to vote.

IF YOU REALLY THINK THE REST OF US ARE THAT STUPID, YOU ARE WRONG!

Quote Originally Posted by AStudent View Post
    Say we do enact a voter ID system, do you really think it will combat fraud? Minors buy cigarettes as well as alcohol, would this be a waste of tax payers money?
    Yes, it will help combat fraud. Is your answer to all problems to do nothing because anything you do can be foiled?

Quote Originally Posted by AStudent View Post
    Laws prevent alot of illegal activity every day.
    There will always be people who attempt and some will succeed in breaking the law. Are you suggesting we do away with all laws?

Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    Why can't minorities and elderly prove who they are? Do you know anyone who cannot prove who they are? Are you seriously claiming that people who cannot prove who they are are people who are civicly responsible enough to vote?
    It is not a requirement to be civicly responsible in order to vote here in America.

Only that you be a citizen, of legal age, and not a felon.

Even by you own previously posted links it shows only 1400 possible voters casting votes of the more then 7.3 million eligable voters over a three year period in Michigan.

As I stated previously: It is merely a smoke screen trying to hide your true agenda.

Again show us the statistics that support your claim of such outragous voter fraud going on in this country.

If you can do that I will be happy to change my opinion regarding this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by newoldtech View Post
    Laws prevent alot of illegal activity every day.
    There will always be people who attempt and some will succeed in breaking the law. Are you suggesting we do away with all laws?
    No...just asking a question...and making a point that regardless of how much tax payer money you use to combat criminal activity you cannot and will not succeed in vanquishing it.

I am for people proving that they are who they say they are, but the republican party who is so much against other laws in which tax payer money is used to enforce what they call evil government enforcement is by all means enabling the very thing that they say that they wish to undo.

It should be incredibly insulting to the poor and African Americans that democrats are arguing that they are incapable of doing something so simple as obtaining and ID card, even if it's given to them for free.

It's funny that when voter fraud is uncovered it is always benefitting only one side. ACORN wasn't registering Republicans.

Personally I think that voting should be reserved for net positive citizen tax payers, citizen property owners, and citizen retirees with 20+ years of net positive tax returns, but then again I'm just a racist that hates the poor. The recipient class should not be permitted to vote.

Quote Originally Posted by corny View Post
    Voter ID laws coming up now are to block the poor and elderly from voting.

HOW?

Lot of states let the elderly get by without photos on their drivers licenses....I think Tenn is like that.

There is no problem with voter fraud in this country......no dead people voting.....

Almost every election there are news stories about dead people voting.

Anyhow.... Im not so much against it as long as everyone who must have the photo id doesnt have a problem getting one.

Poor folks can bum a ride.....

Amen, AND both parties have free bussed for the voters. (and some get paid to vote (forgive me, I couldn't help myself)).
    The proposed law in this state: If you don't have an ID, you can prove voter status B/4 the election and one will be given to you. If you show up to vote without and ID, you can vote affidavit and prove status later.

Who is disenfranchised? Nobody legal (to vote) is turned down.....
    Life is too short, Behappy!
    TFMM

Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 12345678912 ... LastLast