Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    James Michener, "Hawaii" Great book, and in it he describes how all of the ethnic mixing of races through the ages of Hawaii would result in "The Golden Man". You would have to read the book to understand when I say Dwayne Douglas Johnson, AKA "The Rock" has to be the personification of what Michener was aluding to.
    An answer without a question is meaningless.
    Information without understanding is useless.
    You can lead a horse to water............
    http://www.mohomeenergyaudits.com

The thing about Odd Thomas to me is that he is someone I would really like to meet, not because of his extraordinary abilities but because he is just such an earnestly nice guy who I feel I could discuss anything with. Nathaniel Cade is also a very interesting character, but I'm pretty sure he would intimidate me in a face to face meeting.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

a single chracter: Woodrow Wilson Smith/Lazarus Long from Heinleins books

osyio quoted him a thread last week (or was that last Month ? ).

All Y'all have given me new authors to look into, Thanks.
    If sense were so common everyone would have it !

All opinions expressed are my own. Any advice provided is based on personal experience, generally accepted fact or publicly available information. As such, it is worth exactly what you paid for it, not a penny more not a penny less !!

There are many great novels and great writers. I am mostly thinking of specific characters. Most characters in stories can only be related to within the confines of what the stories with them are about. I am thinking more about what characters would be like in my every day life and would they be interesting to me if they were not doing the wonderous things they do in the stories written for their character.

Bracken, from Duncton Wood. Mandrake was awesome though.

Quote Originally Posted by tipsrfine View Post
    Bracken, from Duncton Wood. Mandrake was awesome though.
    Mole romance novels? I think I'll pass.

I know, sounds stupid, but it really is a well written book with great characters ..., I think you would like the character "Mandrake"; toughest mole to ever run a mole system. It actually has a serious spiritual quality and statement about how individuals have an obligation to fight against corruption & evil. I've read many, many books and this one is my favorite. Give it a chance; you don't have to tell anyone you read it.LOL.

I know, sounds stupid, but it really is a well written book with great characters ..., I think you would like the character "Mandrake"; toughest mole to ever run a mole system. It actually has a serious spiritual quality and statement about how individuals have an obligation to fight against corruption & evil. I've read many, many books and this one is my favorite. Give it a chance; you don't have to tell anyone you read it.LOL.
    A mole with a duck's name? You're setting me up, aren't you? Is there a video for "Macho Mole"? How about a Mexican version; Guacamoley?

It also has a kung fu mole that teaches Bracken how to fight.

It also has a kung fu mole that teaches Bracken how to fight.
    Well, I'm not much interested in Kung Fu moles, but if there is a spiritual theme to these stories, I might give them a try. How often does the term "holy moley" come up?

Also, I won't be able to leave such a book lie around the house. My cats bring us one or two moles a week from the fields and woodlands around my house. I'd be afraid they might attack the book.

They have "scribe moles" in it also, and one is sent from the holy (whereever place) & sent on the long & dangerous journey to duncton wood to bring the word back to that colony after it falls into evil at the hands of mandrake & his evil counselor Rune. It is an epic story of the triumph of love & good over hate & evil, and of the power of the human (mole) spirit.

They have "scribe moles" in it also, and one is sent from the holy (whereever place) & sent on the long & dangerous journey to duncton wood to bring the word back to that colony after it falls into evil at the hands of mandrake & his evil counselor Rune. It is an epic story of the triumph of love & good over hate & evil, and of the power of the human (mole) spirit.
    How do Scribe Moles.....scribe? Do these fictitious moles have hands instead of paws? How can they effectively dig if they have hands?

Since Bracken is named after a fern, is Bracken like a plant? Does the mole named after a humanoid duck....Mandrake, eat Bracken and take Brackens sweetheart mole as his own little hen duck? Since neither ducks nor moles are meat eaters, does this cannibalism cause theological as well as biological challenges for this story? I just may have to check out this underground empire that may be plotting to take over the world. Guess I should get more cats too.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast