In a previous post you mentioned that you have written web pages for a PDA to access an iLON. I have a PDA running Windows Mobile and I can connect to my iLON and get the 'Welcome' page but I get the warning that IE.6 must be used. No other pages will open. Is there a workaround for this?

In furture you may want to look at this:
    lonpod

looks interesting.

Ordered Visual Studio.net and Windows Mobile SDK. This is an easy solution and more customizable.
    Still don't know why Internet Explorer Mobile will not access iLON pages. Must be a problem with SOAP or XML.

lonpod

Thanks for passing that info on amigo (anyone interested it's now lonpod.com). I wish you the best of luck dapper. lonpod was a tough write... the newer ilon e3 XML/SOAP interface is a lot easier/more reliable. I'm sure you did just fine. Kudos on your choice... i can't wait for a good BacNet web service to write for.

I wrote an ilon100 webpage for my Sidekick using pure html and referenced the ilon data points using web tags. There's documentation in the ilon100 user guide in appendix E on how to do it. You'll need to copy the page to the forms folder in the ilon and point to it from the browser in your pda. Here's the path to the user guide http://www.echelon.com/support/docum...8-0310-01B.pdf The only drawback is that you need to refresh the page to see changes in values. However it's great to be able to turn on the hot tub from my phone when I'm on my way home from doin it in the dirt!
    hope this helps,
    Cheers,
    lb
    A hundred million nodes - it's a LON story.

Smile iLon web pages

The iLon100 can serve up web pages with any standard HTML supported by your browser. The error that were seen on the PDA are due to the current standard pages using and IE specific control. So the current standard web pages (other than the opening web page) won't be viewed correctly on something other than IE (non the mini-IE on PDA's)

As lonboy said, you can produce more portable HTML that will render in the PDA's browser. In fact I've have put together even WAP pages that render OK on most cell phones. If you know how to do AJAX via JavaScript, you can make your own SOAP calls to pull points. Using the web tags is easier but is likely going away in future versions of the iLon100 (see Users guide were it mentions these are obsolete).

The combination of PDA web pages and IE/PC compatible pages can be housed on one iLon web site an you navigate to the PDA pages as needed.

lonman, will the iLON work with php as the server-side script in Ajax?

Last I checked, no... php is not supported.

You can also write the check at an intro page, other than the default intro, that will get the browser type and automatically forward to the correct page depending on if it's using a full-on browser or the embedded IE used in PDA's and phones.
    Then, write a refresh command to values, not the whole page, and you can get the points to update properly and near-real-time in a PDA browsing i.LON.

It's been since e3 was almost out of Beta since I did this, so I cannot recall exactly how I did it. It was css and java, I do recall that.