Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I say You need to get a different company out to see this masterpiece. That supply duct looks undersized after the migshift plenum box.Something is not right. Get a second opinion.Get a load calculation on the house.You will have to pay for a second opinion, but reading all of the posts here,There are a handful of things that could be causing this issue.Static tests on the duct system may reveal that the coil added is causing a restriction due to the height, and how close it is to the top of the supply duct.If i went there, i would tear open above the coil or take the front panel off of it to see how the coil is sitting in there.There probably should be vanes on the supply side above the coil.I could go on and on from looking at these pics.The solution to this problem is undelrying in this thread. GET A PRO OUT THERE.

Quote Originally Posted by catmanacman View Post
    I wonder if they landed the y wire on the terminal strip or just wire nuted the y wires together causing the blower to run in low speed
    I checked that...its on the terminal strip.

Yup...second opinion is definitely in order. I get the sense that the contractor is willing to try to make it right but, a cross check is needed.

Out of curiosity, is there normally greater separation between the heating section of the furnace and the AC coil than what is depicted in these pictures? I had a quick peek inside the plenum and the AC coil is sitting right at the bottom of the plenum. Wondering if a possible root cause (among many) is that things are simply sandwiched too close together.

Ding ding ding. Trust me Sometimes installers that try to be service techs often forget the dynamics of Actually moving air properly without causing sometimes a major restriction during the installation of retrofit A/C coils. They should've put a shorter coil in and re-designed the supply duct instead of patching it all up.I have seen this scenario, and early in my career i have caused this same problem with one of tranes monster tall high efficeincy evap coils.Like i said It aint right. Get to the yellowpages and find a reputable second opinion. Good luck

Between the top of the coil and the ductwork.

Ding ding ding. Trust me Sometimes installers that try to be service techs often forget the dynamics of Actually moving air properly without causing sometimes a major restriction during the installation of retrofit A/C coils. They should've put a shorter coil in and re-designed the supply duct instead of patching it all up.I have seen this scenario, and early in my career i have caused this same problem with one of tranes monster tall high efficeincy evap coils.Like i said It aint right. Get to the yellowpages and find a reputable second opinion. Good luck

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123