Quadra Fire Mt Vernon Pellet Stove 2004 Model

I purchased a house that had a Quadra Fire Mt Vernon pellet stove 2004 model that was not installed. I do not have the manual with the stove, but were able to download a 2006 model manual from Quadra Fire. I installed the stove and the issue I have is that when the stove ignites I get a small amount of smoke coming out from where the pipe adapter attaches. I have tried sealing this area and even covered it with foil tape still it smokes. The other issue is the gasket on the door, it is only on three sides not on the top. Is this correct for the 2004 model?

Exclamation

The pellet vent is sealed at each joint with high temp RTV silicone--not foil tape.

Yes, part of the gasket is off to allow air wash of the glass and for combustion.

I did seal all the joints with silicone, then I covered the joints with the foil tape.

It could be defective pipe, or it was not installed properly. Not much we can do to help you over the internet. You need someone to come inspect it and find out what the problem is.

Sometimes the 90 elbows will leak into the outer pipe wall if it was twisted at all, or had a bad seam from the factory.

I was starting to think the same thing that I might have a devective adapter as the smoke seems to be coming out from between the two layers of pipe. Hard to install wrong silicone between the joints make it nice and tight I even went over the outside joints with more silicone. I will take it apart again and inspect the inside of the adapter and the tee connector silicone the inside seems as well.

The smoke can be getting into the outer wrap of pipe anywhere in the vent run, usually an elbow or slip joint. Once it gets in there the only place for it to exit is at the stove adaptor. Especially when you have put foil tape over all the other joints.

2004 Mt Vernon door seal

I thought it was a good idea to put a gasket on the top of the door seal. Smokey starts, lots of soot, glass sooted in 2 days.
    Then I fund your post about why the top seal is not installed. duh. I have removed it and all is good again.
    Thanks!

Yes, part of the gasket is off to allow air wash of the glass and for combustion.[/QUOTE]