Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    We split our service dept into 2 divisions a couple years ago, commercial and residential, so nice to not have to not have to mess with residential. 10 week rotation for 2 man teams so you have a partner. Last residential call I had to run 2 years ago got cussed out by an 82 year old man over flat rate pricing. Do not miss residential.

Quote Originally Posted by bja105 View Post
    He is right. Our customers will gladly wait a little while for a call back, the others will keep dialing down the phone book. A tip off is when they ask "Which company are you with?" Which company did you call? All of them, now its a race for your money. No thanks.
    My boss says he wants to take care of our customers first, I will go out for others though as long as they have cash. My boss might start to give us 80% of the money from the call so who knows maybe I will love on call after that.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy knocker View Post
    We split our service dept into 2 divisions a couple years ago, commercial and residential, so nice to not have to not have to mess with residential. 10 week rotation for 2 man teams so you have a partner. Last residential call I had to run 2 years ago got cussed out by an 82 year old man over flat rate pricing. Do not miss residential.
    amen

Best thing that ever happened ,nothing like working in factories all week and then going into a house with carpet like virgin white snow ....

And on the commercial/industrial side people are happy you can fix it .

The residential side I found depressing because of all the *****ing and haggling about $$$

Ive never been cussed out or *****ed out at an industrial site

Been cussed out and yelled at when i did residential , probably not more than .05% of the time but once is to many and it sours a person.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeacman View Post
    amen

Best thing that ever happened ,nothing like working in factories all week and then going into a house with carpet like virgin white snow ....

And on the commercial/industrial side people are happy you can fix it .

The residential side I found depressing because of all the *****ing and haggling about $$$

Ive never been cussed out or *****ed out at an industrial site

Been cussed out and yelled at when i did residential , probably not more than .05% of the time but once is to many and it sours a person.
    I started out doing commercial construction and hated it, now that I do resi service and installs I wish I could go back to commercial, our company "downsized" so now we don't really do any now. My favorite jobs are when the customer is gone, or the ones were my boots are the cleanest thing in the house, no worries if you make a mess.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12