Thread: Heat pump size

Heat pump size

I have a Carrier 38RQ027 heat pump. Can anyone help me on sizing? If I remember correctly it is actually 27,000 btu's. But am not sure. Thanks

I think 02 is 1 1/2 tons 18000 btus but not 100% sure about that.

This is the Ask Our Pro's forum. In order to post a response here, you must have verified qualifications and have been approved by the AOP Committee. You may ask a question by starting a new thread.

You can find the rules for posting and qualifications here.

Additional infractions may result in loss of posting privileges.
    Last edited by jpsmith1cm; 09-01-2012 at 03:09 PM. Reason: non AOP member

27,000 btuh or more depending on the matchup. If it is matched to a Carrier air handler, find the actual ratings here: http://www.docs.hvacpartners.com/idc...it/38rq-4p.pdf.

Wow, haven't seen that old round in many many years! Congratulations on keeping it around so long.

That's and antique now. We've still got a few customers who have that vintage for AC units but all the HP's have been replaced. New Greenspeed HP sized more for heating than cooling would probably pay for itself in less than 2-years compared to what's currently there.
    If YOU want change, YOU have to first change.

If you are waiting for the 'other guy' to change first, just remember, you're the 'other guy's' other guy. To continue to expect real change when you keep acting the same way as always, is folly. Won't happen. Real change will only happen when a majority of the people change the way they vote!