Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by exreo View Post
    Yes, but tell me, is this just an American thing and not a Canadian thing as well?

Basically, the democrats in our U.S. governmental political system can not win any elections at a national level without the 90% to 95% lock on the black vote. Elections in America (for president) are won by 1% to 3% now days. So, the liberals along with their friends in the news media make sure that perceived racism is alive in well in America--that is, that whites are still prejudiced against blacks. Therefore, there will be no challenge to affirmative action programs at the federal level given that perceived racism against blacks still exist. With affirmative action alive and well at all levels of government in the U.S., blacks will vote for the democrat even if he is Satan incarnate. A hysteria is created in our culture that is reinforced by white guilt over what happened in the 50's and 60's where blacks really were mistreated. For instance, on most boards I can't even spell the word n__gger without the word censor deleting it. If I did spell the word, I can promise you I would be reported and if liberals were in charge of this board, I would be kicked off. No TV commentators or radio commentators are even allowed to say anything negative about a black without being kicked off the air. Remember Don Imus said a certain girl's college basketball team looked like "Nappy headed whores", and Imus lost his job. Imus was correct about what he said though. "Jimmy the Greek" was correct when he said that blacks excel in sports because it's in their genes. They are gifted in the area of athletics. But, to say this also means blacks aren't all that smart--that's in the genes too. White guilt kicked in immediately.

So, to sum up, the N-word thing is part of American hysteria about anything negative towards blacks under the umbrella of continued white guilt. It is fueled and encouraged by liberals and the American media in order to keep affirmative action the law of the land thereby ensuring the democrats lock on the black vote. I better post this before I run out of room.
    Lots of room, look, I am adding to it.

So really there are some places it is not prudent to tread in both countries (we do not do the N word out of respect for you guys, no real taboo up here).
    Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference. —Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by printer2 View Post

So really there are some places it is not prudent to tread in both countries (we do not do the N word out of respect for you guys, no real taboo up here).
    What gets me is a lot of blacks call each other that in jest....if it's such a negative connotation, why would you use it at all? Just don't get it....
    Don't worry zombies are looking for brains, you're safe...

Back on the topic...how is a toll road going to solve anything? Wouldn't it require, based on past gov experience, a branch to inspect the toll roads, ensure the rates are fair, verify proper taxes are collected? Doesn't seem like a good proposition to me. We, in my state, already pay 46 cents a gallon for taxes that are supposed to maintain our roads. Is this not a "use and pay" system already?
    Don't worry zombies are looking for brains, you're safe...

Another toll road going up in Texas. It will run from Austin to San Antonio. The speed limit will be 85MPH. They are building toll roads like crazy in Texas. They are all over the Dallas/Ft. Worth area. What happened to the good old days when roads were free? Our tax rates are higher than ever now.

Quote Originally Posted by printer2 View Post

Wow, that's hard for me to believe that you can use the N-word with impunity in Canada. I'm trying to remember my many visits to Vancouver, BC.... Did I hear the N-word used much there. No, not in public anyway. I didn't see a whole lot of blacks in Vancouver, BC though.

Quote Originally Posted by exreo View Post
    Wow, that's hard for me to believe that you can use the N-word with impunity in Canada. I'm trying to remember my many visits to Vancouver, BC.... Did I hear the N-word used much there. No, not in public anyway. I didn't see a whole lot of blacks in Vancouver, BC though.
    No way is it used with impunity here. I never hear it from anyone except on rap videos or something similar (which I can't stand anyway). You tend to hear a lot when you are in the trades.

In response to REO's post about toll roads exploding here.

A toll road that I use all the time, the Sam Rayburn Tollway(a democrat politician for those that don't know TX history), and the George Bush Turnpike both have all kinds of irrigated landscaping along them. The latest projection for the 2013 Sam Rayburn landscaping was 5 MILLION! Rather than have all kinds of continuing costs, I think it would be more prudent to have bermuda grass and retire the debt. Now we will have a perennial need for water and landscaping maintenance. They also have full decal wraps on the maintenance trucks. WTF??? WHY??? Also instead of using pickups to pull the small tandem trailers that haul mowing equipment, they use class 8 tandem axle dump trucks.

I have no problem paying something to have the ability to get to my destination faster but have a huge problem using toll money to perpetuate wasteful spending. No politician, regardless of their stripe can seem to resist feeding at the trough of public largess.

Toll roads might be fine if you don't have far to drive but try living in areas where it is 50 miles across town, or areas of wide open space like west TX, WY, MT, NV...any western state....and no I don't want to live in the urban jungle where some gang-banger has the chance to car jack me and I don't feel safe walking down the sidewalk at night.
    Avatar is a tribute to my Great Grandfather, Andrew Stewart. This pin was one of his advertisements for his heating and plumbing business. I never knew him but must of inherited his love of things mechanical since I am the only blue collar worker in the family

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12