Hello from Missouri

Hello from Missouri. My name is Roger C. and have been recently introduced into the HVAC "World" fresh out of college. I know "sigh" another one thinks that he knows everything. I can honestly say "NO" even though I did pretty good in college learning from a textbook. Went to Ozarks Technical College after being laid off from my job in the welding field of 10 years. I was walked out in Dec 2009 due to breaking the company up in smaller sections with about 300 other men and women. Instead of sitting at home collecting unemployment, I took advantage of a government program to learn a field that I felt will be long term, year round, challenging but satisfying employment that will hopefully provide for me and my family. I have been working one on one with a technician (ryan1088) during my Co-op to finish my last semester and was introduced to this site by him. I hope to use it as effectively as he has in helping others as well as mostly helping me in my future technician troubleshooting challenges. Recently I was hired by the company that I have been doing my Co-op with. I am employed once more and hope for a successful career. Thank you for listening to my very quick introduction, which sometimes leads to babbling and non interesting small talk. Hopefully my next posts will be more intelligible in nature. Roger C.

Glad to see you finally got joined up! Make sure when you have time to fill in your email address in your profile so you can get goodies from the guys sent direct to your email!

Well getting up at 4:30 in morning, driving 2 hours there, work 8 hours, drive 2 hours home (sometimes longer due to 5:00 traffic), eating, showering going to bed at 9:30 - 10:00, doesn't leave too much time to play on computer. So yeah, took me a bit to find some time to post, lol. Email was added to profile Ryan. Was going to add pic, but could not find link yet. Must have the 15 post minimum requirement before you can add photo, unless I missed something somewhere. RC.

welcome aboard,
    everyone here has benefited from info gleaned from this site.

gonna have to get that post count up to get the golden card
    It`s better to be silent and thought the fool; than speak and remove all doubt.

Haha. You could have done it while waiting on the 2 you ride with to meet you! Oh ya you have an android phone that doesn't work! Just kidding dude. Time to get your post count up so you can be welcomed to the fraternity.

Lol. Yeah plenty of time to read and post while waiting for frik and frak. Posting on Android phone is not a problem, but I like doing that at home with keyboard setup instead of hunt and peck on phone. As far as posting, I am working on it, slowly but surely.

Welcome rctick66. My mom used to live in Branson.

You will fit in well with the PROFESSIONALS in ARP(ASK REAL PROS). Don't worry about the "know it all thing", they pretty much got you covered on that. The "honestly" thing, I'm not sure about.

Glad you found a job. They can be hard to come by. One of our finest, "Robo tic" has finally found gainful employment, after about 66,500 posts.
    But we're real proud of his persistence. He's come a long way.

Your intro was fine . After you visit ARP(ASK REAL PRO'S), it won't matter!

You could turn a little of the "babble" and "non interesting talk" (your words, certainly not ours...... as we here at HVAC TALK and ESPECIALLY ARP (ASK REAL PROFESSIONALS) GOLD CARD members are hardly known to be judgemental or critical of each other) into something quite else with just a little time in ARP (ASK REAL PROFESSIONALS).

Confused ?

I agree with what Ryan1088 was saying about your email being filled out so the guys from ARP(ASK REAL PROFESSIONALs) can send you goodies that HVAC TALK prefers to keep a secret. We are very protective of our fellow tradesmen and trade secrets!

Until you get your post count up, head on down to the ARP( ASK REAL PRO'S) section near the bottom of the main menu and mingle with the REAL MEN here at HVAC TALK. You can meet all the frat boys after you get your post count up.

just in case, you might keep ryan1088 close!

He's getting his own van on Tuesday to see what he can screw up and learn from so I won't be near as close. Still only a phone call or text away though!!

That's great! Hope he does well!

Screw up!!! On my first week. LOL. I have heard of your beginnings as well Ryan. Guess I will just fit in with the rest of you. Cant wait to join my brothers in arms in the fight to keep it cool.

Welcome to H talk!

Don't get sucked into the dark and dirty basement on this site! (ARP)

As said, once you reach 15 posts you can apply to see all the secret technical stuff.

Welcome

From dc